Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The VH Links site is closing !!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    EVH diehard ...

The VH Links site is closing !!!

I just noticed a rather long message posted by Brett , over on the Links . The site is apparently closing down on Oct. 31st !?
    Wow .

I've never posted there , but browse from time to time . He said the cost to run the site is about $4000.00 a year . The thread has gone on for 11 pages , and lots of members are shocked and saddened . Rightfully so ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    Van Jolson did it!

I fear VHFreak may have to create a back alley here, for you Van Hagar fans to service each other.

$4,000 seems quite cheap compared to the cost of living nowadays.

Do you think Brett has had cease and desist notice issued by Van Halen, David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

I know Dave issued one against VHND a few years ago so they are quite common.

If I was a betting man, I would also say that the Van Jolson incident was the beginning of the end for VHLinks.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

Do you think Brett has had cease and desist notice issued by Van Halen, David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

If I was a betting man, I would also say that the Van Jolson incident was the beginning of the end for VHLinks.

"The Van Jolson Incident"...it certainly put a chink in the armor, but I think he was stressed already. Otherwise, he wouldn't have overreacted the way he did.

I didn't know about the notice served by Roth to VHND. That seems odd, because he is now supplying pics to them (or at least, that was my understanding).

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

Excuse me but what was the "Van Jolson incident"?

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Just a troll. Nothing more.

I don't think it had anything to do with Van Jolson. $4000 is a lot for someone to fork out for a website, and I doubt he had any donors to help him. Sad to hear though, even if I never posted there.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    Van Jolson was the name I posted under (had to have a different name) at the VHLinks that caused a lot of hand-wringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Just a troll. Nothing more.
    Not just a troll. One of our own sticking up for Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth on a site (VHLinks) that was drowning in misinformation and ignorance.

As I remember, their webmaster, Brett, ended up in this forum, waging a full scale war against one of our members.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Van Jolson was the name I posted under (had to have a different name) at the VHLinks that caused a lot of hand-wringing.
    Whoa, really? Hahahaha, I find that hilarious.

Still don't think you had anything to do with Brett calling it quits though. Even if you did stick up for the Classic era.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I just noticed a rather long message posted by Brett , over on the Links . The site is apparently closing down on Oct. 31st !?
    Wow .

I've never posted there , but browse from time to time . He said the cost to run the site is about $4000.00 a year . The thread has gone on for 11 pages , and lots of members are shocked and saddened . Rightfully so ...
    Robbie in the last few days you've started a couple of threads that are pro Sammy Hagar/Van Hagar in main, such as 'Forget the vocals , let's have some love for F.U.C.K. and VHIII ...' etc

In light of the news that VHLinks is to close, have you been operating on a hidden agenda that you would now like to share with us?