Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
David Lee Roths take on Eddie Van Halens playing these days.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Dance Baby!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Seattle
    Posts
    6,073

    David Lee Roths take on Eddie Van Halens playing these days.

    NYPost - "You and Eddie are ultimate definition of “frenemies.” What’s your take on his playing these days?

    David Lee Roth -We’re doing a lot of tunes that don’t usually get out of the deck and Edward is more lucid now than any time in my memory. I’m his biggest fan. I still remember the first time I saw him playing in a backyard party in Pasadena in high school. He was great then and he’s great now. We’ve come full circle..."


    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...#ixzz1nShOc93i
    Daniel (1994-2013)

  2. #2
    Peace...
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    NYPost - "You and Eddie are ultimate definition of “frenemies.” What’s your take on his playing these days?

    David Lee Roth -We’re doing a lot of tunes that don’t usually get out of the deck and Edward is more lucid now than any time in my memory. I’m his biggest fan. I still remember the first time I saw him playing in a backyard party in Pasadena in high school. He was great then and he’s great now. We’ve come full circle..."


    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...#ixzz1nShOc93i
    Thanks for sharing Punkatomic...interesting read. It makes my heart happy when he shares that he is Eddie's biggest fan.... sigh, I think I am!!

  3. #3
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    "Every night is ladies night, and that feeling is right."

    Classic Dave.

  4. #4
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    "Do you float like a butterfly or sting like a pre-recorded bee?" LOL

  5. #5
    Half Bruce Lee, half Wizard of Oz Scarecrow?!?! LOL how can anyone honestly say with a straight face that they don't like David Lee Roth?

  6. #6
    Love ya moms......
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,006
    This about sums up todays music in a nutshell....


    These days, I see too much cheerleading and not enough stagecraft, and what I’m seeing isn’t worth cheering for. The questions I want to ask most of my colleagues are: Can you even do the whole song from beginning to end? Can you do it onstage like you did it in the studio? Do you float like a butterfly or sting like a pre-recorded bee?

  7. #7
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Half Bruce Lee, half Wizard of Oz Scarecrow?!?! LOL how can anyone honestly say with a straight face that they don't like David Lee Roth?
    He really is one of a kind. You know, watching these interviews they've been releasing and seeing how he and Al and Ed react and interact with each other, they are all interesting, cool cats. They just dont make rock stars like these guys anymore.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    He really is one of a kind. You know, watching these interviews they've been releasing and seeing how he and Al and Ed react and interact with each other, they are all interesting, cool cats. They just dont make rock stars like these guys anymore.
    Nope, just generic cookie-cutter losers. Calvin Cline jackets and scarfs are not "cool."

  9. #9
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    I always had a feeling Dave was Ed's biggest fan, especially when it was him that said, "Name the band Van Halen."
    I think Dave saw this insane musical foundation of Ed & Al, and then he himself, completely stepped up his game.
    Dave is so smart, he probablly knew EXACTLY what to do & he probablly knew the band was gonna be huge.
    I can totally picture him joining & thinking, "They got all this, and now i'm gonna give 'em that."
    Dave knew what to do and still does.

  10. #10
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I always had a feeling Dave was Ed's biggest fan, especially when it was him that said, "Name the band Van Halen."
    I think Dave saw this insane musical foundation of Ed & Al, and then he himself, completely stepped up his game.
    Dave is so smart, he probablly knew EXACTLY what to do & he probablly knew the band was gonna be huge.
    I can totally picture him joining & thinking, "They got all this, and now i'm gonna give 'em that."
    Dave knew what to do and still does.
    I always think of the interview on film where Dave said he viewed Ed as a mentor. He wanted to do with his feet and voice what Ed was doing with his guitar and that inspired him. I really think he has always loved Ed.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Eddie Van Halen - First 2010 playing appearance, on 5150 studios
    By Man Halen in forum Van Halen YouTube Videos
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 15th, 2010, 07:19 AM
  2. David Lee Roth Leaving Van Halen
    By i1sum2! in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
  3. Guitarist Steve Vai Recalls Wild Days With David Lee Roth
    By punkatomic in forum House of Music
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM
  4. SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN Is Playing Better Tha
    By ryanpday in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
  5. David Lee Roth Online.com   : Whats Playing Now
    By Hardknockz in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 11th, 2003, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •