Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"BIG FOUR" Tour Confirmed!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation "BIG FOUR" Tour Confirmed!

"BIG FOUR" Tour Confirmed!

---------------------------------------

* METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH AND ANTHRAX TO PERFORM TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY *

* THE BIG FOUR CONFIRMED FOR SONISPHERE POLAND AND CZECH REPUBLIC *

* MORE BIG FOUR APPEARANCES AT SONISPHERE SHOWS PLANNED *

The world wide web has been abound with speculation on a possible “BIG FOUR” tour for several months. Now, SONISPHERE can exclusively reveal that METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will play together for the first time in history, in a move that will have metalheads across the globe frenzied with excitement.

Says LARS ULRICH/METALLICA of this historic announcement:
    "Who would have thought that more than 25 years after its inception, thrash metal's big 4 would not only still be around and more popular than ever, but will now play together for the first time...what a mindf**k! Bring it on!"

“It's about f**king time this happened,” said SLAYER’s KERRY KING. “and about time the fans finally get what they want. This is f**king awesome.”

ANTHRAX guitarist SCOTT IAN agrees, commenting on the enormity of the announcement.

“People have been talking about these four bands playing together since 1984. That's twenty-six years of expectation!!! And the thing is, I believe not only will we live up to the expectations, we will shatter them!! No other four bands as influential as the four of us have ever done this. Imagine if The Beatles, Stones, The Who and Zeppelin had done shows? Or Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead? Well, I may be getting into some rarified air here but as a fan, that's how big I feel this is.”

These four legendary acts broke out of the underground thrash movement to dominate the metal world in the 1980s, selling millions of records and packing arenas across the globe. The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on 16th June 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the SONISPHERE stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A second Big Four appearance is planned for SONISPHERE CZECH REPUBLIC three days later, with more SONISPHERE shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

“This is a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity for Heavy Metal “Fans” to see the four greatest Heavy Metal “Bands” in American History back together on one stage” concludes MEGADETH mainman DAVE MUSTAINE. “If there are any heads left at the end of this Festival that haven’t banged, they don’t belong there.”

Tickets available from
    www.sonispherefestivals.com
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Talking ...

Unchained are you sure you're going there, man?
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Unchained are you sure you're going there, man?
    I wish that I could, especially since it's in Poland...

Meh, I had cose enough of an experience... SLayer and Megadeth in the same show, so I'm happy.

Anthrax better get Joey back to do this right. Is Dan Spitz still in the band? If not, get him, too. All the other bands will have their key members (in Megadeth only Dave is a key member).

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Anthrax better get Joey back to do this right. Is Dan Spitz still in the band? If not, get him, too. All the other bands will have their key members (in Megadeth only Dave is a key member).
    Or maybe John Bush.

Dan is no longer a member - he only came back for that 2005 Among the Living tour.
    ---

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I'm right there with ya... No Joey, No Anthrax.

I don't feel tardy
    That is a ridiculous event! A true Clash of the Titans...too bad for us it's in Poland.
    Wolf: "C'mon Dave...give me a cake*."
    Dave:"One cake*...comin' up!"

* (can be substituted for steak or shake)

Love ya moms......
    Will Poison be there?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Will Poison be there?
    Not a chance there, Achilles!
    ---

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Or maybe John Bush.

Dan is no longer a member - he only came back for that 2005 Among the Living tour.
    He was back for two years from 05 to 07. He playing with Nicko from maiden!!

"I want a run for my money thats all"