Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Saving Youtubers To Your Hardrive...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Resident Moron
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The pantry
    Posts
    4,174

    Saving Youtubers To Your Hardrive...

    ...and eventually onto your ipod.

    ok, so this is pretty simple. you need to have firefox. ok, so its pretty simple.


    1) download the Video Downloader for firefox.

    2) Go to the desired youtube video, and click the icon on the bottom of your screen (it'll look like the attatched picture)

    3) A screen will pop up, there will be a button that says "download Link." hit both(the button and your wife/girlfriend)

    4) Save the file as a .flv extension. the suggested file name will be "get_video". save it as "example.flv" .

    5) use this Video Converter to convert from .flv to .mp4

    6) import into itunes, and enjoy!

    ... again... if some mod could sticky this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by panama's meanstreet; July 12th, 2007 at 10:21 PM.
    I'm different. y'hear?

  2. #2
    Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    6,092
    Done!

    Nice find!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

    siN / DDLR Moderator

  3. #3
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    What if you don't have firefox? Didn't we have a thread about this before the crash explaining how to do it regardless of what you got?



  4. #4
    Resident Moron
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The pantry
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    What if you don't have firefox? Didn't we have a thread about this before the crash explaining how to do it regardless of what you got?

    not really, it was the same downloader. just fucking get firefox! haha...
    I'm different. y'hear?

  5. #5
    ...
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    What if you don't have firefox? Didn't we have a thread about this before the crash explaining how to do it regardless of what you got?

    You can try http://videodl.org

    but you have to save it as a flv file...which means you have to find some sort of flv conversion software to put it on your ipod or portable device.

  6. #6
    Resident Moron
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The pantry
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by zozo5150
    You can try http://videodl.org

    but you have to save it as a flv file...which means you have to find some sort of flv conversion software to put it on your ipod or portable device.
    right, read over the steps i put down. i showed how to convert.
    I'm different. y'hear?

  7. #7
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by panama's meanstreet
    not really, it was the same downloader. just fucking get firefox! haha...
    Ha Ha. Well okay then! Thanxs for the tips guys.


  8. #8
    *** EDWARD!!! ***
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    HIDING AT 5150 FOR 10 YEARS!!!
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by panama's meanstreet
    ...and eventually onto your ipod.

    ok, so this is pretty simple. you need to have firefox. ok, so its pretty simple.


    1) download the Video Downloader for firefox.

    2) Go to the desired youtube video, and click the icon on the bottom of your screen (it'll look like the attatched picture)

    3) A screen will pop up, there will be a button that says "download Link." hit both(the button and your wife/girlfriend)

    4) Save the file as a .flv extension. the suggested file name will be "get_video". save it as "example.flv" .

    5) use this Video Converter to convert from .flv to .mp4

    6) import into itunes, and enjoy!

    ... again... if some mod could sticky this...
    Does the video converter work with Windows Visa? And has anybody extracted the audio from youtubers?
    Last edited by BadassMOFO; July 15th, 2007 at 12:39 PM.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

    NO WRONG!


    http://www.evhgear.com/

    aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

  9. #9
    Resident Moron
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The pantry
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO
    Does the video converter work with Windows Visa? And has anybody extracted the audio from youtubers?
    i dont know. if i were you, i'd downgrade. but, it should work with vista. i don't see a reason why it shouldnt, but ill look into it for you, mofo. and i do think that there is something that will let you do that, its a matter of searching for "audio extractor +freeware" on google.
    I'm different. y'hear?

  10. #10
    *** EDWARD!!! ***
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    HIDING AT 5150 FOR 10 YEARS!!!
    Posts
    1,697
    Is Div-x AVI for Windows?
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

    NO WRONG!


    http://www.evhgear.com/

    aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Why Can't We Embed Youtuber's?
    By i1sum2! in forum Feed Back to Webmaster
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
  2. Saving YouTube videos
    By zozo5150 in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •