Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
David Lee Roth is M.I.A.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Too Fast For Love

David Lee Roth is M.I.A.

I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations on xm radio last night (Classic Buzzsaw: all rock and metal from 70's and 80's) and the DJ Rockin' Robin said that Dave has NOT reponded to Eddie's invite to come sing with him. This bothers me. All these years of saying " It's enevitable that VH will get back together" why is he not responding then? I'm not upset about this....jus confused? The DJ even said: "Dave.....would you rather play at joe shmoes bar n grill with an unknown band backing ya....or do you want to start playing stadiums and arena's and kick ass again?" Good question! What's the deal Dave? Enquiring minds want to know! what do you guys think? Has anyone heard any new news?

Band Manager
    What xm channel are you talking about? What's the number?

And I'm sure for them to tour again, its going to require a lot of negotiation. This many years of bad blood doesn't wash away overnight. Neither party is going to want to feel like they can get burned in the process. But surely to GOD they all know this is the best possible option for either party....they all stand to gain a helluva lot. I'm sure they'll find a way to work it out.

Band Technician
    Maybe they are in secret negotiations through lawyers and we don't know about it. I hope they are talking through channels at least!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Duck
    I was listening to one of my favorite radio stations on xm radio last night (Classic Buzzsaw: all rock and metal from 70's and 80's) and the DJ Rockin' Robin said that Dave has NOT reponded to Eddie's invite to come sing with him. This bothers me. All these years of saying " It's enevitable that VH will get back together" why is he not responding then? I'm not upset about this....jus confused? The DJ even said: "Dave.....would you rather play at joe shmoes bar n grill with an unknown band backing ya....or do you want to start playing stadiums and arena's and kick ass again?" Good question! What's the deal Dave? Enquiring minds want to know! what do you guys think? Has anyone heard any new news?
    there's a lot of dis-information out there and it's just one DJ telling you this. it's probably nothing. Dave will be touring with them, check out Ross Halfin's website diary, he stated as much without saying anything, if you catch my drift. he said something to the effect of "I won't say who I was photographing with Eddie, but the music was great, it made me want to go home and listen to the first album again" which in my mind clearly indicates a Roth reunion. It's all just the quiet before the storm and within a few months, all will be revealed. most of us on this site know this is about to happen.
    Last edited by Outtalove; December 15th, 2006 at 11:31 AM.
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Hutch
    Maybe they are in secret negotiations through lawyers and we don't know about it. I hope they are talking through channels at least!
    yeah. like what Scottie just said here.
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Band Technician
    Thanks for the posts Outtalove! I guess we are all going to have to wait and see what comes out of this storm.

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    Dave is holding out for Michael Anthony to be invited back into the fold. I for one do not believe Dave will do this "rumored reunion" without him. I don't have any proof.....call it a gut feeling. Dave can't handle the vocals by himself. The harmonies HAVE to be there and he knows it.

"I want a run for my money thats all"

Too Fast For Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtalove
    there's a lot of dis-information out there and it's just one DJ telling you this. it's probably nothing. Dave will be touring with them, check out Ross Halfin's website diary, he stated as much without saying anything, if you catch my drift. he said something to the effect of "I won't say who I was photographing with Eddie, but the music was great, it made me want to go home and listen to the first album again" which in my mind clearly indicates a Roth reunion. It's all just the quiet before the storm and within a few months, all will be revealed. most of us on this site know this is about to happen.

Thanks for the info brother....

Let's hope what you said is true... (fingers crossed)

Too Fast For Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikester
    Dave is holding out for Michael Anthony to be invited back into the fold. I for one do not believe Dave will do this "rumored reunion" without him. I don't have any proof.....call it a gut feeling. Dave can't handle the vocals by himself. The harmonies HAVE to be there and he knows it.

Never thought of that. Hmmmmmmmm...

I know that on many occasions mike would NEVER talk positive about Dave at all. I don't think he likes him.

By the way ...cool avitar! Was that the 77' concert at the BBC?
    Bon Scott was amazing.....

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikester
    More that I think about it Sikester, you made a great point. Dave maybe waiting for MA to join in. I can see him doing that. So, I don't know what to think.