Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got "Eat 'Em and Smile".
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Band Manager
    This is almost as good as Classic Van Halen.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

No cheer******s allowed!
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE, not even close!!!!!
    come on, bro. Your yankin' my chain, i'll bet.

Band Manager
    Originally posted by unchainedguitars@Dec 7 2005, 03:01 PM
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE, not even close!!!!!
    come on, bro. Your yankin' my chain, i'll bet.
    Ok, I concede that it is not that close. But it brings the fact home that Dave was the soul of that band in many ways. It is closer to Classic VH than '5150'.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Originally posted by Mean Street@Dec 7 2005, 02:08 PM
    This is almost as good as Classic Van Halen.
    Whoa! Nice to hear that. I also think it's almost similar to a Classic =VH= album. :184:
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    I think it's good, belligerently enthusiastic big rock, as Dave has said! The song Bump and Grind ended up on the Less Than Zero soundtrack starring Robert Downey Jr. too.

I also remember Dave and Steve Vai going live nationwide on radio July 4 to promote it. I listened to it. Vai couldn't hardly get a word in edgewise! He was saying the song Yankee Rose was about the Statue of Liberty, I think. Something like that.

It certainly had more steam than 5150!

No cheer******s allowed!
    But the unique spirit, spontanaeity, and unsurpassed sophistication that was classic VH, is reduced to a slightly above generic 80's hard rock record.
    It sure is cute when Steve Vai chats & laughs with his guitar, but where is that menacing sting of something like "sinner's swing."
    5150 & EE&s could never live up to what came before, because the chemistry is broken and substituted with hired guns.
    Again, the initial six VH records still sound current to me.
    5150 & EE&S sound like lomg lost relics from the 80's.

THEE bassist for VH
    Yeah maybe unchained. But you can't tell me that any artist wants to stay in the same groove and keep repeating themselves. Probably a little bit dated those two. But what can I say? I like it. It was soooo different at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Band Manager
    Originally posted by i1sum2!@Dec 8 2005, 05:23 AM
    Yeah maybe unchained. But you can't tell me that any artist wants to stay in the same groove and keep repeating themselves.
    That is so true....recording artists always want to try new stuff. But it seems like the fans just want them to stay the same.

THEE bassist for VH
    Originally posted by unchainedguitars@Dec 8 2005, 12:12 PM
    But the unique spirit, spontanaeity, and unsurpassed sophistication that was classic VH, is reduced to a slightly above generic 80's hard rock record.
    It sure is cute when Steve Vai chats & laughs with his guitar, but where is that menacing sting of something like "sinner's swing."
    5150 & EE&s could never live up to what came before, because the chemistry is broken and substituted with hired guns.
    Again, the initial six VH records still sound current to me.
    5150 & EE&S sound like lomg lost relics from the 80's.
    Last edited by i1sum2!; May 9th, 2006 at 02:32 PM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I was listening to Diverdown tonight, on my way back home from work.
    How come when Vai, who is a phenomenal musician & guitarist, plays all the high harmonics and whammy bar tricks, they sound cute & cuddly.
    I listen to 'Hang 'em high' and 'intruder' and in Edward's hands, they sound just mean & menacing.
    Eddie's tone and approach was just so fluid and huge.
    Check the part in hang 'em after the lead break (riff break?) where he repeats the main into riff again, unaccompanied. He does these descending pick harmonics that sound like this evil laugh. It's almost human sounding.