Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 380
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 380 of 384 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 3837
  1. #3791
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338

  2. #3792
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Lol, think the last time I was in this thread I was on a Tool kick. After a couple months of unashamedly blasting Tokyo Dome in the truck, now I'm on another Tool kick. Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days are all rotating in the truck disc changer. Will these maestros ever release another album?
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  3. #3793
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Lol, think the last time I was in this thread I was on a Tool kick. After a couple months of unashamedly blasting Tokyo Dome in the truck, now I'm on another Tool kick. Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days are all rotating in the truck disc changer. Will these maestros ever release another album?
    That's funny, I was listening to the Opiate yesterday.

  4. #3794
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Been on a bit of a rock/metal kick lately.

    Lots of Sabbath, and starting to finally dive into the Priest albums I bought a while back.

    Also bought Balls to the Wall an Persistence of Time.

  5. #3795
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Been on a bit of a rock/metal kick lately.

    Lots of Sabbath, and starting to finally dive into the Priest albums I bought a while back.

    Also bought Balls to the Wall an Persistence of Time.
    "Balls" is a great album (key tracks: Fight it back, Turn me on, Losing more than you've ever had).

    Just read the Scott Ian book, speaking of Anthrax.

    I'm currently listening to Noisem's newest record, Fair Warning, Brian Jonestown Massacre (Revelation
    album), Pretenders debut record.....what else?

  6. #3796
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    So started listening to Stained Class in depth today. Wow. All I've really listened to in depth prior was Unleashed in the East. I own Screaming for Vengeance, but I think I need to buy some more Priest. This album has me hooked.

  7. #3797
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    So started listening to Stained Class in depth today. Wow. All I've really listened to in depth prior was Unleashed in the East. I own Screaming for Vengeance, but I think I need to buy some more Priest. This album has me hooked.
    It's funny, like you, i also started with "Screaming" and went backwards.
    "Screaming" was lent to me by an older teenager, and the album blew my mind.
    Before then i had been only slightly aware of Judas Priest, the name & pictures
    in magazines, but i never went further.

    After "Screaming" i got hooked, though, and got "Point of entry" which i still love,
    and then "Hero Hero" a weird double album of the first two Priest albums.

    But the one that really got under my skin was "Stained Class."
    I can kinda of see why those two kids made a suicide pact to that album,
    because it's so beautiful & melancholy, much deeper than the album after, Hell
    bent for leather.

    "Stained Class" was like this weird cult album, it sucked me right in.

    That guitar solo in "Beyond the realms of death" is epic, just like the song.
    It's such a weird album.
    "White heat red hot" was so cool, Heroes end, Stained class, Savage...

    After that i got "Sin after sin" which i liked a lot, as well.
    Starbreaker, Call for the priest, Raw Deal...

    For some reason i was never big into "British Steel."

    I liked Grinder & Metal Gods, maybe Old to be wise.

    I hated Steeler, Rapid Fire, The Rage.

  8. #3798
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    I just got British Steel, didn't have much other choice. Wanted to get Sad Wings of Destiny, but they didn't have it.

  9. #3799
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I just got British Steel, didn't have much other choice. Wanted to get Sad Wings of Destiny, but they didn't have it.
    EVERYONE loves British Steel, i'm just the weird, lone exception.

    One thing i love about it, is the sound & production.
    It sounds great, just like the cover (a razor).
    The drums are so tight & in the room, mixed perfectly with the guitars.
    Damn you, Dave Holland, i loved your playing in Priest!

    Why'd you have to molest a disabled boy?!!

  10. #3800
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    EVERYONE loves British Steel, i'm just the weird, lone exception.

    One thing i love about it, is the sound & production.
    It sounds great, just like the cover (a razor).
    The drums are so tight & in the room, mixed perfectly with the guitars.
    Damn you, Dave Holland, i loved your playing in Priest!

    Why'd you have to molest a disabled boy?!!
    The sound is great.
    Only track I really dislike is "United".
    How do you hate "Rapid Fire"?

    Wait, what??? He molested a disabled boy? I was watching the US Fest performance today and thought he looked like a weirdo. Not that surprising then.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •