Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What's in Your cd Player - Page 342
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 342 of 384 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3837
    Band Manager
    Bon Scott's AC/DC just makes me feel dirty (in a great way). Like I'm gonna do lines off a fat chicks ass while her sister blows me, and her mom films us.

There is just no other music that makes me feel remotely like that. I'm so glad they existed...

"Little Lover" is just about the sleaziest song I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Like I'm gonna do lines off a fat chicks ass while her sister blows me, and her mom films us.

You been spying on me 1234? Damn, I knew those Kardashian's like to film everything.

Like Mike
    Their sound is so damn gritty and blue collar! So stripped down and basic, yet obnoxious in a way with how simplistic it is. Those guitar tones, man... Like razors! So glad that I've been able to get away from the overplay of them in Australia and appreciate their greatness over here.

Yours truly, As Is
    Not to belabor the "WACF is amazing" point, but I must have listened to "In A Simple Rhyme" about 10 times today on the way to/from the job site. Really, is there any one song more deserving to be a classic rock radio staple, than this? It has it all, and Warner Bros really dropped the ball, IMO, in not pushing this song to get airplay. It is beyond stupid that I've never heard this track on the radio...

Oh, just incredible playing by Al on this, too!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Lemmy is an extremely underrated bassist, IMO.

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post

He plays the bass like one does a guitar. And then beats the living shit out of it.
    Ready, Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    He plays the bass like one does a guitar. And then beats the living shit out of it.
    Yeah it's very unique....John Entwistle is another one who plays the bass like a guitar.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post

Lemmy is like a locomotive, his sound is great.
    No one has that sound except early Motorhead (Lemmy & Phil as one rhythm section).

And it's such a killer, unique musical voice.
    It's not just noise, like some people expect or think.
    It's a groove, a vibe, that only Lemmy has.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I wouldn't compare him to Entwistle, who's warmer in tone & more a bass virtuoso.
    Lemmy is like an Angus Young: One huge sound, but a great huge sound!

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I wouldn't compare him to Entwistle, who's warmer in tone & more a bass virtuoso.
    Lemmy is like an Angus Young: One huge sound, but a great huge sound!
    Oh I agree, I guess it was more the playing the bass like a guitar that I was comparing, but they do even that differently from each other.