Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 377
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 377 of 384 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 3837
    Git some!
    Well, Spotify, but... lots of Accept. Hoffman has one of the best metal tones ever and is like the German Tony Iommi. He does not write a bad riff what so ever. If I could have just half of that sort of riffage, maaaaan.
    Ready, Eddie!

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    UG... I've come to think that this is one of the best quality boots from 1984 (LA and happens to be my very first VH concert)
    I can send you download if you don't have these

5/13/1984 [2014 Upgrade] > http://www.themightyvanhalen.net/198...wood-ca-forum/

Also San Diego is pretty good
    5/20/1984 > http://www.themightyvanhalen.net/198...-sports-arena/
    I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like Ed's tone got better on the '84 tour compared to the '82-3 stuff. He just sounded so thin. Maybe it's just the quality.
    Ready, Eddie!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Put the new 'Goatwhore' CD on my pod, this evening, and boy does it fucking rip!

I was expecting something pretty good, but jesus christ, this thing is lethal.
    I had liked them way back when they released their first few CD's, but lost interest sometime
    after.

I've always dug Ben's vocals, but the guitar riffs on this thing are relentless.
    They twist & turn, zig & zag, sometimes at 100 mph.
    It reminds me of Celtic Frost with superior technical ability.

Just when i kinda think metal has gotten tired, something like this comes along.
    Needless to say, i was quite excited!
    I'll need to check this one out.
    I picked up Carving out the eyes of God a couple of months ago and a couple of the tracks were stellar.

The fusion of black metal and death metal with some trashy influences is something else entirely.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I'll need to check this one out.
    I picked up Carving out the eyes of God a couple of months ago and a couple of the tracks were stellar.

The fusion of black metal and death metal with some trashy influences is something else entirely.
    Check out "Baring teeth for revolt" and "Reanimated sacrifice."

They also have one called "FBS (fucked by satan."

Not as good as the other tracks, though!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    Well, Spotify, but... lots of Accept. Hoffman has one of the best metal tones ever and is like the German Tony Iommi. He does not write a bad riff what so ever. If I could have just half of that sort of riffage, maaaaan.
    Thank God, Eddie has great taste, and named his first born after the mighty Accept guitarist!

Wolf has THE tone & THE riffs.

His rhythm work always gave me a great big raging musical boner.
    I love that sort of mid-paced kinda metal (Turn me on, Losing more than you've ever had, Run if you can,
    Up to the limit, Flash rockin man, Restless & wild, Get ready, etc.)

I love that Sort of "chug, chug, chug" bit, where it's not too fast & not too slow.

Accept had great songs, so many great one's.

In 1984/85, i believed both Metallica & Accept to be the greatest metal bands on the planet,
    at that time.

Like Mike
    Check out "Baring teeth for revolt" and "Reanimated sacrifice."

They also have one called "FBS (fucked by satan."

Not as good as the other tracks, though!
    If you're digging Goatwhore, check these guys out.

I think they're a black metal band from Brooklyn with some thrash/punk influences:

Git some!
    Thank God, Eddie has great taste, and named his first born after the mighty Accept guitarist!

Wolf has THE tone & THE riffs.

His rhythm work always gave me a great big raging musical boner.
    I love that sort of mid-paced kinda metal (Turn me on, Losing more than you've ever had, Run if you can,
    Up to the limit, Flash rockin man, Restless & wild, Get ready, etc.)

I love that Sort of "chug, chug, chug" bit, where it's not too fast & not too slow.

Accept had great songs, so many great one's.

In 1984/85, i believed both Metallica & Accept to be the greatest metal bands on the planet,
    at that time.
    His tone is just so...Ballsy. They just cut right at you. And he's got great dynamics, knowing when and when not to play. I just love how he didn't need to write anything complex. All the kids these days worship all the djent/proggy bands where they stuff a bazillion notes into a riff, where Wolf just slams you down with just a handful of powerchords.

I still think Accept is one of the greatest.
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    If you're digging Goatwhore, check these guys out.

I think they're a black metal band from Brooklyn with some thrash/punk influences:

Wow, i really liked this (love the fact they are from Brooklyn, they sound European in a way).

I liked that it was kinda grindey & slow...

Loved the part around 1:31 or so, where it sounds like the drummer is about to push them into
    double time, but then goes straight back to the initial groove.

I gotta say, there are some great younger, old school sounding bands popping up.
    These kids did their homework!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    His tone is just so...Ballsy. They just cut right at you. And he's got great dynamics, knowing when and when not to play. I just love how he didn't need to write anything complex. All the kids these days worship all the djent/proggy bands where they stuff a bazillion notes into a riff, where Wolf just slams you down with just a handful of powerchords.

I still think Accept is one of the greatest.
    Yeah, he also did those killer mini power diad things...the two note, chunk chords with the index finger.
    (Balls to the wall, is a good example).

Great tone & attack.
    Much more "metal" than Djent in my opinion, much purer.

Loved the back of "Breaker," with the two, white Flying V's (Those German metal guys love their
    flying V's!)

I was reading an article about the making of "Balls to the Wall" (the album).
    It always said: Songs by Accept & Deaffy.

I never knew who Deafy was, but it turns out it was Wolf Hoffman's wife.

Apparently, the band had little grasp of the English language at the time, so
    Deafy would create all the lyrics.

I guess her little joke was to add these somewhat blatantly gay or homo-erotic themed
    lyrics, to these fist pumping metal song's.

The band was so innocent, they had no idea until later, when all the reviewers mentioned
    it in magazines.

Like Mike
    Wow, i really liked this (love the fact they are from Brooklyn, they sound European in a way).

I liked that it was kinda grindey & slow...

Loved the part around 1:31 or so, where it sounds like the drummer is about to push them into
    double time, but then goes straight back to the initial groove.

I gotta say, there are some great younger, old school sounding bands popping up.
    These kids did their homework!
    When I was at Rasputin Music in Berkeley, this little Chilean guy saw that I had a Darkthrone album in my cart, so he started talking to me about black metal for about half an hour.
    The guy was obsessed with it, saying how no other music could touch him like he did.
    He was listening off all of these obscure bands.
    Then he told me that I NEED to check out Anvil, and that they have their album at Amoeba.
    It was five bucks so I got it, but it wasn't this album which I was hoping.
    I was obsessed with this song my whole trip in SF this year.