Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Sure Sounds Like VH Is Done ...Viva Van Halen!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Band Manager

Sure Sounds Like VH Is Done ...Viva Van Halen!

Roth's new song sure gives the impression that it's over. Great lyrics, and plenty to speculate about.

I actually like the big band tune that he sings over, I would love to hear him do more of that, and I dig the radio show. The first Roth Show episode of the new season was really disappointing, but the ones that have followed have been cool. He seems to be just doing what he likes, like a high school kid making up a radio show at home (I'm sure he did that when he was a kid).

I think that it's super cool, he isn't trying to be mainstream, he is just doing what pleases himself, and is willing to open himself up to criticism. Wouldn't it be cool if EVH did the same with his own work? Never happen, he ain't got the balls.

If Roth just does those, it will be cool with me, just getting updates from him on his adventures, and his stream consciousness rapping, with new songs or songs from his vault. He will always entertain.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 25th, 2016 at 12:37 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Love ya moms......
    I don't know if id read to much into this, but then again in VH land nothing would surprise me. Kudos to Dave though, dude keeps living each day as it were his last.

No cheer******s allowed!
    There's speculation about Dave's health, as he appears so gaunt & has some tremors.
    Then he was bald some time ago, which still kinda strikes me as odd.

In light of Bowie's unexpected passing, i guess i might be reading too much into things.
    David's death really shocked me.
    And Dave, like Bowie, seems to be an extremely private person.

Regardless, i really liked Dave's latest song.
    The lyrics are great & carry a lot of weight.
    Just feels like it could be about either him or the end of VH.

Band Manager
    Hello again, guys.

I hadn't considered the song might be about Roth's own health.

Like you mentioned Bowie, it would be a big hit if Roth were to pass. There are really only a few that I expect will impact me, Bowie, Roth, EVH, Mick, Keith and maybe even Watts. I can't think of any others that will be as stunning. I just can't picture Roth going down soon, I've been bracing for EVH instead.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.