Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Opening Night Soundcheck Audio
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Like Mike

Opening Night Soundcheck Audio

Wow, the band sounds fucking great here. I'm not a big fan of the current Van Halen as is quite known, but wow this is on point.

The fans sound geeky as hell, though.

Band Manager
    Thanks Jack!
    Ed's guitar sounds pretty great, his tone is way better this time around. My only complaint is that the low end gets lost on these recordings, so the band sounds thin. I'm thinking that I will go see them, they have bent my will.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    These recordings really are extraordinary.

The three Van Halen's are actually playing as good, musically, as the vintage years.
    I never thought i'd ever say that, but they are nailing these rarities flawlessly.
    You can not find fault with any of this.
    And, yes, Ed's tone is excellent once again (gotta be the prototype of the upcoming amp).

And Wolf is an absolute pro.
    He's right on top of every tune & killing it.
    Ed was right about that kid, because he's certainly got the skill & dedication.

This is the result of some serious rehearsing.

Permanent vacation
    I wouldn't be too hard on the nerdy fans... Probably could've been me during my peak VH fan years, especially during the high school period, LoL.

They do sound tight. Glad Wolf talked his dad into dusting off a few gems, sounds like it gave Ed a real spark on this tour.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    I thought the band was great on the 2012 tour, man, they are ten times better than that! Unbelievable how good they are now.
    ...and they're getting better as this tour goes on. If that's possible.

No cheer******s allowed!
    The cruel irony is that ticket sales are somewhat lackluster.

A lot of fans are missing out on a renewed Van Halen, with a lot of fire.
    I'm not sure if the personalities involved will stick together or separate, post tour.
    Most likely the latter.

Wolf has a solo record & i doubt Dave will be hanging around.
    Ed's got new gear upcoming...

More reason to go see them!

Like Mike
    I don't know. If they're supposed to pack it in after this tour, wouldn't it make more sense for them just to play the hits and coast through it?

Yours truly, As Is
    The only way this is truly the end is if one of them gets a serious health issue. As PoP said, they're getting better as the tour goes.

As far as Wolf's solo album, I'm looking forward to it with great curiosity. But, c'mon, there's very little chance it is going to sell big numbers, and I think it's pretty obvious that they are having a lot of fun playing on this tour. As long as the three old guys can still keep it up, VH will keep chugging along.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!