Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Light up the sky 2015! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Love ya moms......
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,006
    Man I kinda wish they were coming closer than a 3 hour drive now after seeing this. O well hopefully they add some dates to this.

  2. #12
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Well, it seams as though Dave has listened to the criticism of him and toned down the vocal stretches.
    This song even on the studio version is sort of talk - sung, so it's good to see that Dave stuck with that here.
    Mostly stuck with the melody too.
    My wife is now back to the "want to see them" mindset, so I'll be on the lookout for seats.
    Now if only Dave would reduce the caberet act and inject some rock and roll in there...
    Hey, a guy can hope.

  3. #13
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Well, it seams as though Dave has listened to the criticism of him and toned down the vocal stretches.
    This song even on the studio version is sort of talk - sung, so it's good to see that Dave stuck with that here.
    Mostly stuck with the melody too.
    My wife is now back to the "want to see them" mindset, so I'll be on the lookout for seats.
    Now if only Dave would reduce the caberet act and inject some rock and roll in there...
    Hey, a guy can hope.
    There are a few moments in "Dirty Movies" where he just reminds me of the old Dave.
    I really loved that & DDL.

    By all means, DO NOT let your wife view/listen to last night's version of DTNA.
    I don't know why Roth just can't get a handle on that one.

  4. #14
    Permanent vacation
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,122

    Wow...

    Three of my favourite cuts, Light Up The Sky (as an opener!), DDL, and Dirty Movies, all in one set. Never thought I'd see the day! Good on Wolf for getting those out of his father. Dave sounds pretty good on 'em, too (better than at the 2012 show I saw) and seems quite game for the challenge. I won't be able to see them on this tour, but it's great to see them come out swinging with a setlist like that.

    Thanks for posting those clips, UG. Great stuff. Glad I dropped by to check out how the opening show went. (Hi, everyone!)
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

    ~ William S. Burroughs

  5. #15
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    It was an incredible show, and sounded great, so I'm not sure where Punk has seen outdoor shows. The Gorge, and now the White River, are on my list of outdoor venues with terrific sound. Going to bed, but I'll try and add more the next few days. I'm heading down to Ridgefield for show #2 tomorrow. The girlfriend and I will be about 10 rows from the stage on Ed's side!!

    Not that too many will care, maybe Nick will, but Al's solo was much longer and way more impressive than the last tour. He's still the man.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  6. #16
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    I'm shocked at all the deep cuts. Never thought that would happen.

    I haven't heard Rhyme yet, but Dave definitely is trying now, like '07. Staying in range more. DTNA was a disaster, but it tends to be sometimes. LUTS. Movies, DDL's....he sounded okay. He didn't ruin them by any stretch.

    The band....what can you say....they sound amazing!!

    I hate the lawn, but I wanna a seat now. I knew I would once I saw some clips.

  7. #17
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Three of my favourite cuts, Light Up The Sky (as an opener!), DDL, and Dirty Movies, all in one set. Never thought I'd see the day! Good on Wolf for getting those out of his father. Dave sounds pretty good on 'em, too (better than at the 2012 show I saw) and seems quite game for the challenge. I won't be able to see them on this tour, but it's great to see them come out swinging with a setlist like that.

    Thanks for posting those clips, UG. Great stuff. Glad I dropped by to check out how the opening show went. (Hi, everyone!)
    Holy shit, GF, how you been, man?!

    Are you living in the U.S., Russia?
    I remember you had had some medical issues years ago (last i'd heard of you), and i always
    wondered if you came out of that intact.

    Glad to see your still kickin' around!

  8. #18
    Permanent vacation
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Holy shit, GF, how you been, man?!

    Are you living in the U.S., Russia?
    I remember you had had some medical issues years ago (last i'd heard of you), and i always
    wondered if you came out of that intact.

    Glad to see your still kickin' around!
    I'm doing well, UG, thanks! Came out of the medical affair intact, and have a good scar to show off to ladies at heavy metal shows since then.

    I'm in Ukraine these days, where the action is. Keeps things interesting. Can't imagine Van Halen will be coming through here any time soon, so I'll be living vicariously through bootlegs and youtube clips for this tour! I did get to see Steve Vai do a 3 hour show in Moscow last year though, so that was pretty cool.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

    ~ William S. Burroughs

  9. #19
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Wow, this makes up for Ed's recent PR disaster. Still wish they'd have a different start to the show than just walking out and playing... They're supposed to be the mighty Van Halen.

    And welcome back, Freak. Happy to hear you recovered from your operation. What on Earth are you doing all the way in Ukraine?

  10. #20
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    There are a few moments in "Dirty Movies" where he just reminds me of the old Dave.
    I really loved that & DDL.

    By all means, DO NOT let your wife view/listen to last night's version of DTNA.
    I don't know why Roth just can't get a handle on that one.
    I'll need to look up those other videos.

    You know, DtNA was the song on my wive's answering machine message when we first met.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Post your setlist for the 2015 tour
    By unchainedguitars in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: January 27th, 2020, 04:56 PM
  2. Van Halen 2015 Tour Dates Announced!
    By PrideofPasadena in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: July 5th, 2015, 12:20 PM
  3. Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED
    By DLR 1973 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: April 26th, 2015, 01:05 AM
  4. New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!!
    By unchainedguitars in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: December 10th, 2014, 10:54 PM
  5. Light In The Sky Mp3
    By Sikester in forum House of Music
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •