Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Banning the Confederate Flag.......
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Love ya moms......

Banning the Confederate Flag.......

Looks like the SJW{Social justice Warriors} are among those that want this period in our history whitewashed as if it never happened, while its funny most of them probably don't even know the root of what the Civil War was about. Are they going to change the names of numerous Army Bases that are named after Confederate Officers as well? Apple has gotten into the lunacy as well by removing all Civil War games from its store. Ditto for Amazon removing anything with the flag on it.
    What say you?
    Is this the right thing to do or does it just prove the lunacy that comes with being overly political correct?

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Looks like the SJW{Social justice Warriors} are among those that want this period in our history whitewashed as if it never happened, while its funny most of them probably don't even know the root of what the Civil War was about. Are they going to change the names of numerous Army Bases that are named after Confederate Officers as well? Apple has gotten into the lunacy as well by removing all Civil War games from its store. Ditto for Amazon removing anything with the flag on it.
    What say you?
    Is this the right thing to do or does it just prove the lunacy that comes with being overly political correct?
    To my mind, it was the flag of a rebellion against the United States, and has no place in anything state sponsored. If people wanna fly one at their house, or on their car or whatever, that's fine. But no states should have that in their flag. It's not being banned.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    To my mind, it was the flag of a rebellion against the United States, and has no place in anything state sponsored. If people wanna fly one at their house, or on their car or whatever, that's fine. But no states should have that in their flag. It's not being banned.
    So your saying its OK to be removed/whitewashed even though it was a part of our history? A history that btw had everything to do with states rights and zilch to do with most brain dead sheeple believe or are taught. And yes for a bit the Flag and anything related was removed from Amazon/Apple stores and a few others as well. This is a dangerous slippery slope.

Band Manager
    So your saying its OK to be removed/whitewashed even though it was a part of our history? A history that btw had everything to do with states rights and zilch to do with most brain dead sheeple believe or are taught. And yes for a bit the Flag and anything related was removed from Amazon/Apple stores and a few others as well. This is a dangerous slippery slope.
    What countries have flags from failed rebellions flying in their states/provinces?

How many countries honor traitors with statues, monuments, street names, etc?

If they fought against the USA, fuck'em.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I never really understood the history behind that flag.
    I always associated with Lynyrd Skynyrd's live album from '76 & Zakk Wylde's Les Paul from the 90's.
    I guess a lot of people consider it offensive, but it is a slippery slope.

Some psycho shoots up a church and suddenly they are banning flags?
    Come on, deal with the issue head on instead of just being politically correct.
    All this will do is further divide people & make the racists more racist.
    Nobody likes being told what they can & can't do.

Maybe i'm just not understanding the symbolism of it all, i have no idea anymore.

Band Manager
    Yeah, it shouldn't be flying over government institutions. No one cares if ya fly it at home.

You'll get some other things going bye bye now, busts, statues...but most of it will probably stay.

Band Manager
    I was actually kinda joking. But I don't think it should be part of any state's flag. It was the flag of a rebellion against the Union. It definitely has racist connotations. I don't see any black folks flying it...If I were black I would certainly think "fuck that flag, and everything it stands for".

Really, how many countries would be fine with the flag of an uprising, still being honored in the states of the rebellion? None.

It hasn't been banned, it is just being taken out of an official context. Let's worry about the slope getting slippery when someone slips. They aren't renaming Jefferson Davis Blvd, just yet.
    Last edited by 1234over; June 27th, 2015 at 12:35 AM.

Like Mike
    The confederate flag used to now was never the flag of the actual confederacy during the Civil War. Much like the Mississippi state flag, the actual flags (there were three of them) used by the Confederacy had the current flag within it, but it was never the entire flag.

The flag used now; however, was used by the Dixiecrat party which was a group that was against the elimination of segregation and lynching in the law.

I get your uproar about whitewashing history, but the fact is that the current flag used to represent the Confederacy wasn't even used during the Civil War, but instead for a racist institution last century.

You can say all you want about how I'm not an American citizen and don't understand but whatever, those are just the facts..

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The confederate flag used to now was never the flag of the actual confederacy during the Civil War. Much like the Mississippi state flag, the actual flags (there were three of them) used by the Confederacy had the current flag within it, but it was never the entire flag.

The flag used now; however, was used by the Dixiecrat party which was a group that was against the elimination of segregation and lynching in the law.

I get your uproar about whitewashing history, but the fact is that the current flag used to represent the Confederacy wasn't even used during the Civil War, but instead for a racist institution last century.

You can say all you want about how I'm not an American citizen and don't understand but whatever, those are just the facts..
    Calm down Jack, I wasn't going to mention anything about you........at least yet. J/K. But your correct mostly, the flag everyone is in an uproar about is the Army of Northern Virginia battle Flag which has along the way been hijacked by racist groups as well as nutjobs.

The whole thing that brought this on was the pic of the racist murderer with a gun and a flag and the first knee jerk reaction is "OMFG ban the flag". For a bit you could not find anything with said flag on Amazon as well as store shelves of certain retailers and Apple stop selling anything civil war related. This is almost to the point of reaching insane and it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't book burnings in the near future.

Why cant we just admit that it isn't the Flags fault , nor the Guns fault but just accept that there are very evil people in the world.

Like Mike
    Calm down Jack, I wasn't going to mention anything about you........at least yet. J/K. But your correct mostly, the flag everyone is in an uproar about is the Army of Northern Virginia battle Flag which has along the way been hijacked by racist groups as well as nutjobs.

The whole thing that brought this on was the pic of the racist murderer with a gun and a flag and the first knee jerk reaction is "OMFG ban the flag". For a bit you could not find anything with said flag on Amazon as well as store shelves of certain retailers and Apple stop selling anything civil war related. This is almost to the point of reaching insane and it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't book burnings in the near future.

Why cant we just admit that it isn't the Flags fault , nor the Guns fault but just accept that there are very evil people in the world.
    Hahahahaha. Just had to make sure.

You're right, though. If the shooting hadn't of happened, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

It isn't the flag's fault, but because of its uses for the wrong reasons by the wrong people, it now represents something evil. The swastika was originally a sign of peace, but despite that it's now seen as a sign of terror.

I respect the fact that a lot of confederates were merely fighting to protect their homes, families or state. Many didn't fight for keeping slavery. But the fact remains that that's no longer what the flag represents.