Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    They created some new tunes for ADKOT and they weren't even together in the process. I don't see the problem with making a new record in similar fashion.
    Clearly, they can operate without having to be together 24/7.

I agree, Ed seemed to be talking BS with some answers. So, Dave likes dance music, who cares, nothing new. They created seven records, and him liking dance music, or whatever music, didn't matter much.

I think they'll make it. It's only 40-50 dates. Nice summer weather, this time around, will make it a little easier on them as well.
    They seem to be having fun rehearsing, playing deep cuts. I have to believe they want to get out there and play them.
    Yep. I don't know why people have to continue to perpetuate the lie that ALL the songs were 35 yr old demos. If you didn't the album, fine, but be honest about it. And people seem to forget Dave wrote new, different lyrics for all the tracks.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Groupie
    ADKOT ruled/s. The fact that YAYB blues wasn't a single if not lead of single is baffling. I still and puzzled and it's been years. At least they did a sweet acoustic version on the bonus DVD so thank you. Maybe they'll bust it out this go 'round.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by RyFi View Post
    ADKOT ruled/s. The fact that YAYB blues wasn't a single if not lead of single is baffling. I still and puzzled and it's been years. At least they did a sweet acoustic version on the bonus DVD so thank you. Maybe they'll bust it out this go 'round.
    I agree. Great song that should've been a single.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I think "Blood & Fire" should have been a single.

Fucking radio played it once, then went right back to "Tattoo."
    B&F is the VH story, a summary of everything, and it's kind of moving.
    They could have called it, Victory Lap.

With Ed's upcoming amp, i'm really feeling like i want to hear it in the context
    of a follow-up to ADKOT.
    I think it will inspire him to get even more CVH orientated.
    I'm also curious to hear more of Wolf within the context of VH on record.

Maybe they could compromise, if need be.
    Side one could be the rock side.
    Side two could be the experimental side.
    Eight tracks per side.

Key tracks could be: Victory Lap, 1234...it's not over, Stranded in the jungle (with only a radio),

Jack's blues, 1973 (instrumental), Communicating with the devil, Sky's the limit, Angel Eyes (featuring Taylor Swift).

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I think "Blood & Fire" should have been a single.

Fucking radio played it once, then went right back to "Tattoo."
    B&F is the VH story, a summary of everything, and it's kind of moving.
    They could have called it, Victory Lap.

With Ed's upcoming amp, i'm really feeling like i want to hear it in the context
    of a follow-up to ADKOT.
    I think it will inspire him to get even more CVH orientated.
    I'm also curious to hear more of Wolf within the context of VH on record.

Maybe they could compromise, if need be.
    Side one could be the rock side.
    Side two could be the experimental side.
    Eight tracks per side.

Key tracks could be: Victory Lap, 1234...it's not over, Stranded in the jungle (with only a radio),

Jack's blues, 1973 (instrumental), Communicating with the devil, Sky's the limit, Angel Eyes (featuring Taylor Swift).
    Lol I'd be excited for that.

And yes, B&F should've been a single as well. Reflective, triumphant lyrics by Dave. The awesome Ripley music. Ed's best solo on the album culminating with the incendiary Who-like power chords and vintage monster fills by Al and Dave yelling, "to Hell and back!" And an uplifting easy to sing along to chorus. Yep, B&F should've been the first single. Damn, ADKOT was an incredible comeback.

I really want to hear the three Halens playing together on another album.

Band Manager
    Blood and Fire should indeed have been the single.
    Or, at least the second single.
    Yes, it summed up the bands journey and full circle.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Nobody really latched onto that track, which surprised me.
    I still hear these "Then & Nows" and the "Nows" are always Tattoo or She's the woman.
    Woman is a good one, though.

Yours truly, As Is
    As Is would've been a ballsy single.

Yours truly, As Is
    I have to admit after the Billboard interview and soft ticket sales, even my optimism was waning. But, with my two shows coming in two weeks, Dave walking around Beverly Hills looking relaxed and fit, Wolf continuing to post pics on Instagram, and VH added as a headliner at a festival in Georgia in September, I'm feeling that this is not the end.

I still get the feeling that the competition and tension between Dave and Ed pushes them to want to one up each other. In a weird way, I think they almost like needling each other through the press.

Thankfully, I think it's all but certain that Sam will never weasel his way back into the band. I don't see Ed ever taking the time and effort to go out without Wolf and Sam won't do it without Mike.

Groupie
    Are ticket sales weak? No kidding the whole ticket purchase process is a total scam. I do fine and can afford tix, but seriously a semi-decent seat is a low/mid level car payment. I'll still go but when you price it of the range of the masses don't be bummed when the shed 3/4 full. It's just people will opt not to go when faced with coughing up $300-500 for tix when they have lives, kids, camps, summer vacations and pay for sports leagues to pry lathargic kids away from Call of Duty 8 or whatever. Sorry, I don't known where that mindless word-drool was going, but I'm going regardless and want to be punched in the face with a kick ass VH set.