Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Once and for all - no one cares what you think Sammy!!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1
    Roadie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    407

    Once and for all - no one cares what you think Sammy!!!

    Just read yet another interview with Sammy Hagar and once again he is chiming in on his former band mates. This guy is like a really crazy ex-girlfriend. He of course thinks Dave sounds terrible on the new Live CD and thought "A Different Kind of Truth" was weak and un-inspired meanwhile he is touring the country with Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham playing cover tunes and his VH era songs.

    I wouldn't put it past him to troll sites like this so if you're reading this Sammy --> NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT VAN HALEN, SAMMY. LET IT GO!!! THEY DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE AND YOU ARE NEVER, EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER. YOU SOUND LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT!

    Take a moment and look at your bank account. If it wasn't for Van Halen you wouldn't have nearly what you have now. They all helped you financially launch Cabo Wabo and they kept you relevant through the 90's! Otherwise you would be playing the Wolf's Den at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut for free!

  2. #2
    I agree with you for the best part Sinner Swing 32, but Sammy Hagar is a very astute business man.

    He is soon to launch a tv and radio career and has a live album of his own to market in May 2015, and requires publicity to do this.

    Whether Van Halen fans dismiss his opinion is irrelevent. The media know that it will bring traffic to their websites.

    Sammy knows that this translates to a wider audience for his business ventures.

    It does not matter what Sammy says, only that it is controversial and increases online traffic.

    For Sammy Hagar, this is mission accomplished.

  3. #3
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Most of the time I don't think it's a "business move" for Sam. He just can't shut up. Even if he wasn't doing anything this year he would still have to do an interview with someone and give his take on it.

    I have no problem with him answering VH questions, sometimes, but not every time. I mean, just say you wanna talk about your projects this time. At least do that one time. He never does.

    Damn! Anything VH does he has to talk about it. Any little thing...it's ridiculous!

    You know when you got a record, a tour, and the first thing you're dying to discuss is VH.....you got a problem.

  4. #4
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    I think part of him is genuinely baffled by VH's moves.

    "Tokyo Dome" is pretty atrocious, vocally.
    Taking a weather beaten Roth onto national daytime TV to promote said atrocious live album,
    is another question mark.

    The average listener, not the VH diehard, is going to immediately zone in on the singer.

    When Hagar says, "Why are they doing things to tarnish their legacy, "or words to that effect,
    i agree with him.

    At the same time, his comments trended on Yahoo.
    PROMOTION FOR SAMMY.

    So there ya go.

    That's why Sammy speaketh.

  5. #5
    Dance Baby!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Seattle
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    Just read yet another interview with Sammy Hagar and once again he is chiming in on his former band mates. This guy is like a really crazy ex-girlfriend. He of course thinks Dave sounds terrible on the new Live CD and thought "A Different Kind of Truth" was weak and un-inspired meanwhile he is touring the country with Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham playing cover tunes and his VH era songs.

    I wouldn't put it past him to troll sites like this so if you're reading this Sammy --> NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT VAN HALEN, SAMMY. LET IT GO!!! THEY DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE AND YOU ARE NEVER, EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER. YOU SOUND LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT!

    Take a moment and look at your bank account. If it wasn't for Van Halen you wouldn't have nearly what you have now. They all helped you financially launch Cabo Wabo and they kept you relevant through the 90's! Otherwise you would be playing the Wolf's Den at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut for free!
    Sammy, just thank Van Halen and shut up already!

    A "very astute business man"? Bullshit, Sammy Hagar is an opportunist. Nothing more, nothing less. Before Van Halen, The red rocker might have afforded a Subway franchise store. Without Van Halen, Sammy would be the answer of a rock triva question. Name one lead singer for Montrose? Without Montrose, Sammy Hagar would be punch drunk today from the ass kicking he got as a boxer.

    Sammy has as much talent as a dog that is semi-house broken.

    "Oh! Look he peed on the paper! Good boy!"

    It works for him. It's who he is.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

  6. #6
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Sammy, just thank Van Halen and shut up already!

    A "very astute business man"? Bullshit, Sammy Hagar is an opportunist. Nothing more, nothing less. Before Van Halen, The red rocker might have afforded a Subway franchise store. Without Van Halen, Sammy would be the answer of a rock triva question. Name one lead singer for Montrose? Without Montrose, Sammy Hagar would be punch drunk today from the ass kicking he got as a boxer.

    Sammy has as much talent as a dog that is semi-house broken.

    "Oh! Look he peed on the paper! Good boy!"

    It works for him. It's who he is.
    I really think his business acumen is overrated. Yes, he has translated his celebrity into big bux, but I'm not sure if it's him, or just having good management. He seems to be following the Jimmy Buffet blueprint. Is it his brilliance, or is he just the face for others doing the work? I also think he has a "rock and roll Walmart" fanbase...the kind of schmucks that buy hot-sauce because it has a rockstar's name on it. I couldn't imagine basing a Mexican vacation around going to Sammy Hagars Cabo Wabo, but there are people that schmucky, and those are the people giving Sammy their dollars.

    I also wonder how much cocaine has been moved down at the Cabo Wabo Cantina? That seemed to be where he made the leap into big bux. AFter that, he had plenty of money to play with, investment-wise.


    I may be wrong, but it seems like only after Hags made the big bux, that EVH suddenly became very money conscious. I wonder if Hags success was a big motivator? EVH was the guy who worked on "Beat It" for free, and his image was "all about the music". After Cabo, he cut out Mike, and became way more money conscious. Now he is EVH the Entrepreneur...I really don't think EVH suddenly became this great businessman, I think he hooked up with people (like Hagar probably did) to give him direction, business wise. Now he is a "brand".

    I
    Last edited by 1234over; April 9th, 2015 at 01:48 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  7. #7
    Roadie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    407
    It was also around the time that the Cabo venture that I believe Eddie & Val moved towards divorce so he could have needed money for a settlement. They are amicable but I imagine she didn't walk away empty handed given the laws in California.

    Eddies new ventures are based on quality products while Sammy re-packages old material and throws it out there for sale. Lame cover versions of other people's tunes and whatnot. Had he not had the seed money from Michael, Eddie & Alex to launch the Cabo Wabo Cantina none of the other ventures would have been possible. They all got paid back but he was then able to take it to the next level. Had he not been in Van Halen he wouldn't have nearly any of the stuff he has now. Be grateful and keep your big mouth shut.

  8. #8
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    It was also around the time that the Cabo venture that I believe Eddie & Val moved towards divorce so he could have needed money for a settlement. They are amicable but I imagine she didn't walk away empty handed given the laws in California.

    Eddies new ventures are based on quality products while Sammy re-packages old material and throws it out there for sale. Lame cover versions of other people's tunes and whatnot. Had he not had the seed money from Michael, Eddie & Alex to launch the Cabo Wabo Cantina none of the other ventures would have been possible. They all got paid back but he was then able to take it to the next level. Had he not been in Van Halen he wouldn't have nearly any of the stuff he has now. Be grateful and keep your big mouth shut.
    My comments aren't really about the quality of EVH products. I just wonder if seeing Hagar make piles of money motivated EVH to become more money conscious.

    The Cabo thing seemed to be a big turning point, not just business-wise, but personally, between them all.

    Unless Hags is talking about Van Halen, there is no reason to listen to him, and even then it's mostly bullshit. With Roth back, Van Hagar is diminished, and he knows it.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  9. #9
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I think part of him is genuinely baffled by VH's moves.

    "Tokyo Dome" is pretty atrocious, vocally.
    Taking a weather beaten Roth onto national daytime TV to promote said atrocious live album,
    is another question mark.

    The average listener, not the VH diehard, is going to immediately zone in on the singer.

    When Hagar says, "Why are they doing things to tarnish their legacy, "or words to that effect,
    i agree with him.

    At the same time, his comments trended on Yahoo.
    PROMOTION FOR SAMMY.

    So there ya go.
    That's why Sammy speaketh.

    Yeah, I'm sure there's some bewilderment in there. I'll give him that.

    I don't know, I think the news of his tour went under the radar and all anybody heard was his Dave bashing.

    I'm sure we haven't heard the last of his "Dave critique". Once the tour is going I'm sure he'll (for no reason) have to talk about their tour.

  10. #10
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I think part of him is genuinely baffled by VH's moves.

    "Tokyo Dome" is pretty atrocious, vocally.
    Taking a weather beaten Roth onto national daytime TV to promote said atrocious live album,
    is another question mark.

    The average listener, not the VH diehard, is going to immediately zone in on the singer.

    When Hagar says, "Why are they doing things to tarnish their legacy, "or words to that effect,
    i agree with him.

    At the same time, his comments trended on Yahoo.
    PROMOTION FOR SAMMY.

    So there ya go.

    That's why Sammy speaketh.
    ^^This Exactly^^
    Much as I don't like Sammy, and don't really consider VH to have been VH when he was with them - the truth is, he was with the band - 11 years did he say?
    And, as much as I don't like his era in the band he's got his share of faithful. However misguided they may be.
    So, yeah he's got every right to comment on VH.
    And...
    In this case, he's not wrong.
    Putting a live VH recording out there with an undoctored Roth vocal is a flat out bad idea.
    Likewise, I don't believe that putting a Roth fronted VH on live tv was a good idea either.
    If ever there was a case for lip syncing, that was it!
    Dave was cringe inducingly horrible.
    My wife, who was all excited and Tivo'd the Kimmel shows claiming; "We're seeing them!" changed her mind.
    It was painful for me to see the disappointment in her face as she watched.
    "Oh no..." she was saying.
    It was if she was watching something tragic.
    I'm sorry, but Dave is only for the faithful.
    He's not fit for public consumption or live audio recordings.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The 'No Body Cares' Thread
    By A.J. MASSEY in forum Non-VH Related Stuff
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
  2. What's with all the Sammy VH??
    By unchainedguitars in forum House of Music
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: November 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
  3. SAMMY WANTS OUT!!
    By smorgdonkey in forum House of Music
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: October 28th, 2004, 11:23 AM
  4. I know some of you don't like Sammy
    By Prettywoman5150 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 9th, 2004, 04:06 PM
  5. SAMMY WANTS OUT!!
    By in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 1969, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •