Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen booted me from FB?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415

    Van Halen booted me from FB?

    I was incognito on FB, just 89 friends, so i could follow work related gossip, etc.

    I used the fake name "Eddie Van Haskell," which was 1234's brilliant play on words, and i had
    a landscape picture of a WACF outake photo, with Eddie Haskell as the smaller pic.

    Today, i find that my FB page has been disabled permanently due to violation of policy.
    The claim was impersonation!

    Recently, friends had posted VH related links & vids, related to the new Tokyo live CD's
    and upcoming tour.

    I was fairly critical & outspoken on how bad Dave sounds, plus Ed's tone.

    Now i'm deleted for impersonation!

    How ironic that the band i loved more than any other, would "tell on me" to the teacher.
    LOL!

  2. #2
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I was incognito on FB, just 89 friends, so i could follow work related gossip, etc.

    I used the fake name "Eddie Van Haskell," which was 1234's brilliant play on words, and i had
    a landscape picture of a WACF outake photo, with Eddie Haskell as the smaller pic.

    Today, i find that my FB page has been disabled permanently due to violation of policy.
    The claim was impersonation!

    Recently, friends had posted VH related links & vids, related to the new Tokyo live CD's
    and upcoming tour.

    I was fairly critical & outspoken on how bad Dave sounds, plus Ed's tone.

    Now i'm deleted for impersonation!

    How ironic that the band i loved more than any other, would "tell on me" to the teacher.
    LOL!

    Hahaha! Thanks for the tribute. A friend of mine recently had the same thing done to him. Facebook doesn't want people using an alias.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  3. #3
    Band Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I was incognito on FB, just 89 friends, so i could follow work related gossip, etc.

    I used the fake name "Eddie Van Haskell," which was 1234's brilliant play on words, and i had
    a landscape picture of a WACF outake photo, with Eddie Haskell as the smaller pic.

    Today, i find that my FB page has been disabled permanently due to violation of policy.
    The claim was impersonation!

    Recently, friends had posted VH related links & vids, related to the new Tokyo live CD's
    and upcoming tour.

    I was fairly critical & outspoken on how bad Dave sounds, plus Ed's tone.

    Now i'm deleted for impersonation!

    How ironic that the band i loved more than any other, would "tell on me" to the teacher.
    LOL!
    Creeper.....lol

  4. #4
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Hahaha! Thanks for the tribute. A friend of mine recently had the same thing done to him. Facebook doesn't want people using an alias.
    Fuck FB.

    All the kids are doing instagram now, so FB will become "myspace."

    I think my experiment with The Links, is done as well.
    The amount of excitement & interest in the Tokyo thing, kinda bums me out.
    All this current crap takes away from the greatness of the original six albums.
    Maybe i'm a jaded dick, but that's just how i feel.

    And who names a drum solo, "Me & You?"

    Remember the days when there were titles like, Tora! Tora! and Romeo Delight?

  5. #5
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Fuck FB.

    All the kids are doing instagram now, so FB will become "myspace."

    I think my experiment with The Links, is done as well.
    The amount of excitement & interest in the Tokyo thing, kinda bums me out.
    All this current crap takes away from the greatness of the original six albums.
    Maybe i'm a jaded dick, but that's just how i feel.

    And who names a drum solo, "Me & You?"

    Remember the days when there were titles like, Tora! Tora! and Romeo Delight?
    I'm not very excited about the latest events. My friends from out of town are all saying how jealous they are, that I can go to the Kimmel thing. There is no way I'm going to that. I doubt I will go to the tour, unless I see a more interesting visual production. I saw the band "Of Montreal" at a small theater with my girlfriend (her favorite band). I swear they had a better production than Van Halen has had for the last 2 tours.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •