Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ed says, He'd love to make another studio album...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Ed says, He'd love to make another studio album...

Whoah, check this out:

According To Ed, Roth is the one that is holding out on another studio album, not him.
    Seems like not too much communication is happening, while Dave pushed for the live
    album.

1234, you were wrong!
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...onian-20150213

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Whoah, check this out:

According To Ed, Roth is the one that is holding out on another studio album, not him.
    Seems like not too much communication is happening, while Dave pushed for the live
    album.

1234, you were wrong!
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...onian-20150213
    Nope. I said that I heard the rumor that EVH wanted Wolf to write songs for Van Halen, and that Roth refused. I guess you could say "it's Roth's fault" but to me that is a completely fucking ridiculous demand for EVH to make. Fuck that guy.

John Lennon - "Yoko is gonna write a tune for you to sing, Paul".

Paul McCartney - "Fuck you, Lennon"

John Lennon - "Paul broke up the band.."
    Last edited by 1234over; February 13th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

I didn't see the part where it mentions Dave pushed for the live album...

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdog4 View Post
    I didn't see the part where it mentions Dave pushed for the live album...
    Me either. Or the part where EVH says Roth doesn't want to do it, for that matter. He says it's a matter of "timing".

I think these are power plays between them. I could easily see a scenario where EVH tries to push Roth to let Wolf write, Roth refuses, so they do a Wolf record instead. Van Wolf.

I can honestly say that EVH has never recorded anything without Roth (instrumentals aside) that has resonated with me. It needs that "Yin and Yang".
    Last edited by 1234over; February 13th, 2015 at 04:27 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Ed's not pushing Dave to sing Wolfgang's material.

It's already been noted Wolf is recording a solo album, not a Van Halen album.

Here are the facts:

Edward looked to be in incredibly good mental/physical health, at the Smithsonian.
    He engaged the audience, answered questions & met with fans post event.
    He was clear-headed, going with the flow, honored & conversational.

I did not see a vindictive, angry, blaming person sitting there.

Meanwhile, Roth, right before, has a "media blackout".
    Ed notes he's hard to find, pin down, communicate with.
    Ed says he's ready to record new material, yet has no idea where Roth is living/hiding.

I think it's safe to say Dave is being "difficult" again.

Just my perception, because Ed's comment is very telling.

Dance Baby!
    Yesterday, I was going to post about how I've been just soaking up Eddies playing. Watching/listening to old concert videos. Taking apart and TRYING to learn songs via his isolated tracks. Flipping though tab books. Slowing down the song. Anything to get a better understanding of his playing. The guy is the best with a guitar in his hands. He can play and used to make music like no one else. Doing it live or in studio, it's all jaw dropping. I'm glad he received this honor at the Smithsonian. Proud of him....

...Then I read this article and I get pissed.

Nothing has changed with this band.

NOTHING!

"You sing this, or you’re out of the band" - Eddie Van Halen.

Doesn't get more cut n dry.

This is Family Van Halen, featuring...name a singer.

So it's Dave's fault? It's always been the SINGER'S fault. Dave, Sammy, Gary, Sammy and Dave? COME ON MAN!

Ed wants to make a new album? I call bullshit! It's been 3 years since their last "1/3 new" album. They've toured, and by no stretch was it a long haul kind of tour. Shit, I believe they even canceled some shows. What the fuck has everyone being doing in last couple of years? Who has a studio in their back yard? I don't get it.

BTW, Who the hell in the Van Halen camp thought. "HEY, I know what the kids want! Let's release a live album, no video, past or present! Here's the kicker, why not re-master the classic six pack, again?"

FIRE THAT GUY!!

Not another cent to Van Halen Inc.

Van Halen was at it's best with Dave and Eddie working together, for the betterment of the band and their fans.

Van Halen is at its worst when no one works together, need to protect their own individual brands and the fans now need to get a life.

Van Halen is bleeding out.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Band Manager
    Ed's not pushing Dave to sing Wolfgang's material.

It's already been noted Wolf is recording a solo album, not a Van Halen album.

Here are the facts:

Edward looked to be in incredibly good mental/physical health, at the Smithsonian.
    He engaged the audience, answered questions & met with fans post event.
    He was clear-headed, going with the flow, honored & conversational.

I did not see a vindictive, angry, blaming person sitting there.

Meanwhile, Roth, right before, has a "media blackout".
    Ed notes he's hard to find, pin down, communicate with.
    Ed says he's ready to record new material, yet has no idea where Roth is living/hiding.

I think it's safe to say Dave is being "difficult" again.

Just my perception, because Ed's comment is very telling.

How do you know EVH isn't pushing for Wolf to write tunes for VH? It makes more sense than Roth telling the fans he to want to record, but refusing behind the scenes. We are talking about the guy (EVH) that hasn't released new music since 1998. When did EVH become a guy trusted to deliver "facts".

When Roth says he wants to write and record new material with Van Halen, why isn't that regarded as a "fact"?

When EVH said he has no idea where Roth is living or hiding, he didn't claim he has searched for him.

EVH didn't say much that was concrete. He looked fine, but did you expect him to throw around accusations at Roth at an event like this? He has been pretty even keeled for the last few years. This was just more of the same. He didn't show anything that made me think he is driven to create new music. I don't think he is. I think he is more interested in doing father and son projects. That is fine, but it's not "Van Halen".

It's all speculation anyway, we will know Roth's side eventually. We shall see if what EVH really wants is to turn the band name "Van Halen" over to his son.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 13th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Yesterday, I was going to post about how I've been just soaking up Eddies playing. Watching/listening to old concert videos. Taking apart and TRYING to learn songs via his isolated tracks. Flipping though tab books. Slowing down the song. Anything to get a better understanding of his playing. The guy is the best with a guitar in his hands. He can play and used to make music like no one else. Doing it live or in studio, it's all jaw dropping. I'm glad he received this honor at the Smithsonian. Proud of him....

...Then I read this article and I get pissed.

Nothing has changed with this band.

NOTHING!

"You sing this, or you’re out of the band" - Eddie Van Halen.

Doesn't get more cut n dry.

This is Family Van Halen, featuring...name a singer.

So it's Dave's fault? It's always been the SINGER'S fault. Dave, Sammy, Gary, Sammy and Dave? COME ON MAN!

Ed wants to make a new album? I call bullshit! It's been 3 years since their last "1/3 new" album. They've toured, and by no stretch was it a long haul kind of tour. Shit, I believe they even canceled some shows. What the fuck has everyone being doing in last couple of years? Who has a studio in their back yard? I don't get it.

BTW, Who the hell in the Van Halen camp thought. "HEY, I know what the kids want! Let's release a live album, no video, past or present! Here's the kicker, why not re-master the classic six pack, again?"

FIRE THAT GUY!!

Not another cent to Van Halen Inc.

Van Halen was at it's best with Dave and Eddie working together, for the betterment of the band and their fans.

Van Halen is at its worst when no one works together, need to protect their own individual brands and the fans now need to get a life.

Van Halen is bleeding out.
    Yep.

These heart-warming Van Halen stories are fine. It's nice that EVH is healthy, Wolf is a great kid, etc, but I want some kick ass music from these guys, not a human interest story. I definitely want them to be healthy, but I don't know them on a personal level, they aren't my friends. I relate to them through their art, and I'm not getting satisfaction from what they are producing, and I'm losing interest rapidly.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Like both of you, i also was severely bummed over the contents of "the secret project."

But, Roth was the one that got us excited over the damn thing.
    people were even finding symbolism in his youtube videos!

If Eddie did that, we'd all be crucifying him even more.
    How dare Eddie lead us on!

To Ed's credit, he said & promised nothing.

Now, Ed reports he was up for a new album, but dave was m.i.a.

Why are we still just blaming Ed?

Roth certainly has a reputation for being a bit aloof & difficult, as well.

I think Ed genuinely adores working with Wolf.
    I think, at 60, he kinda feels his purpose is to pass the torch.

Wolf is not doing a Van Halen album.
    It's reported as a solo album.

You can't still run with the, "Ed's forcing Wolf on Roth to write new VH material" theory.
    It's untrue, knowing what we know now.

Dance Baby!
    Like both of you, i also was severely bummed over the contents of "the secret project."

But, Roth was the one that got us excited over the damn thing.
    people were even finding symbolism in his youtube videos!

If Eddie did that, we'd all be crucifying him even more.
    How dare Eddie lead us on!

To Ed's credit, he said & promised nothing.

Now, Ed reports he was up for a new album, but dave was m.i.a.

Why are we still just blaming Ed?

Roth certainly has a reputation for being a bit aloof & difficult, as well.

I think Ed genuinely adores working with Wolf.
    I think, at 60, he kinda feels his purpose is to pass the torch.

Wolf is not doing a Van Halen album.
    It's reported as a solo album.

You can't still run with the, "Ed's forcing Wolf on Roth to write new VH material" theory.
    It's untrue, knowing what we know now.
    I'm not just blaming Eddie. I'm blaming the band. That includes Alex, Wolf, Dave, the management or mismanagement. They are all equally to blame.

Dave has always been about motion. Never sitting still. He resume tells the tale. I can see where his constant quest for motion would be hard to deal with professionally and personally. Think about it. Eddie is settled. Married twice. Alex is settled. Married, God knows how many times. Those guys planted roots, had families and made lots of lots of money. Wolf is just getting started, but the kid is well grounded and never in trouble. Not your typical "rock star" kid. Where does Dave live? Again, Dave is about motion.

It's seems odd that Dave's web site went dark. It's seems weird to me that it happened after Dave's appearance with The Foo Foo Fighters. Not to mention Dave's "new" look with said band.

Did Dave jump the shark? Maybe some fans jumped the shark too?

You just never know about this band.

Or is this a band?

To be honest, the fact that they have never appeared together in any interview since their reboot is telling. Yeah?

Nothing has been without a net. No live press conference with real reporters, asking real questions. Everything has been staged and or filtered.

They don't talk.

They sure do have their fingers on the pulse of Van Halen fans every where. They know what we want! "VAN HALEN LIVE: JAPEN TOKYO DOME, w/o video."

Dude, if anything this might just be the end of this era. Live album(NO VIDEO), re-masters again?
    Daniel (1994-2013)