Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 13
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I feel your pain, guys.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, though maybe i never really expected something on the level
    most fans wanted.

I just can't figure these guys out, specifically Eddie.
    It's like every move is a hassle to them, something they can't be bothered with.

Even the remastering thing, where every band on the planet gives you incentive in
    bonus tracks, they just can't be bothered.

I'm sure people in their camp are telling them you gotta sweeten the pot, you can't
    simply remaster the remasters and toss it in a plastic jewel case.

And the Tokyo CD.

Every band on the planet would release that with at least two new tracks.
    It's not only incentive for fans to buy it, it's a way that radio can promote the thing.

Is this really it?
    Yeah, it's beyond comprehension, UG.
    Sadly, all this points to them not giving a shit. That's all I can figure. A live CD to promote a tour, with nothing on it to promote. Remasters with nothing new (I'm assuming). Basically, the easiest things they could do to have something to go on the road with.

Will radio stations even play anything off this thing?? Unless it's a classic live track like Crossroads, or something, they don't like live stuff too much.

I am a little surprised a few ADKOT leftovers couldn't have been used. That's easy work. The way they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I am a little surprised a few ADKOT leftovers couldn't have been used. That's easy work. The way they like it.
    Yes it's disappointing if Van Halen are only going to release the Live album and the 6 pack remastered.

I think Van Halen make easy tasks hard for themselves.

If it is true that Eddie wanted Wolfgang to write some of the music then I think we need to look at Edward, as an artist, who obviously sees this as a natural progression.

I can understand David Lee Roth's concerns about that affecting the Van Halen brand, but then Dave was opposed to Van Halen using keyboards in the early 1980's, and look what happened with Jump! Dave is not always right.

I can't see why Van Halen can't have their cake and eat it too.

Why not call Mike up and have the Classic Van Halen line-up work on the old demos and some new tunes.

And at the same time have Eddie and Wolfgang work on new music with Dave and Alex.

I don't think too many fans would complain if Van Halen released 2 new records, one with Mike and one with Wolfgang, in short succession.

This sort of parallel project approach works for other artists such as Prince.

Band Technician
    Is it just me or did I miss something here?

People here and on the "Links", where I read the latest
    rumors last night like everybody else are talking about an
    upcoming tour.

Where did they read that?
    I never read anywhere in the press release about an upcoming tour.

All I read about was the miserable live recording and remix of the 6 pack.

Am I drunk or what?

Dawg

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

Why not call Mike up and have the Classic Van Halen line-up work on the old demos and some new tunes.

And at the same time have Eddie and Wolfgang work on new music with Dave and Alex.

I don't think too many fans would complain if Van Halen released 2 new records, one with Mike and one with Wolfgang, in short succession.

Have their cake and eat it? The gas line to Ed's oven appears to be disconnected, he aint' baking any more cakes as far as I can see. He's over at Wolfie's kitchen.

No cheer******s allowed!

They can't even get it together enough to do one band, let alone two!

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterPlexi View Post
    Have their cake and eat it? The gas line to Ed's oven appears to be disconnected, he aint' baking any more cakes as far as I can see. He's over at Wolfie's kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    They can't even get it together enough to do one band, let alone two!
    I'm thinking back to 1984 and Eddie was writing music that would become '5150', and the soundtrack to 'The Wild Life', at the same time

It was a very prolific time for Eddie. I think he could still easily cope with a couple of studio projects on at the same time.

Wolfgang has obviously got the same drive to create as his Father and it must really be exciting, rewarding and pleasing for Edward to be involved in too. I get it.

Maybe Dave needs to recognize that and compromise a little.

But maybe the Van Halen's need to compromise also and offer Dave 2 projects to work on, one with Wolfgang and one with the original Van Halen line up.

Then Dave's happy, Wolfgang's happy, Mike's happy, the fans are happy and Alex and Eddie can find something else to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1981 View Post

upcoming tour.

Am I drunk or what?

Dawg
    I believe various concert venues have been contacted by Van Halen's management regarding possible dates, although nothing has been booked yet, so there is no particular dates yet.

It is also worth pointing out that Van Halen could easily pull out at any stage up and until a contract is actually signed.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg1981 View Post

upcoming tour.

Am I drunk or what?

Dawg
    Esquire writer David Curcurito's buddy stated a live album and tour in 2015. He is 100% correct about everything else.

In addition to that several promoters from different cities have mentioned VH holding dates. Most notably Jim Koplick.

The VHND stated 2015 will be a big year for VH.

I'm assuming VH will officially announce everything all at once.

Band Manager

Wolfgang has obviously got the same drive to create as his Father and it must really be exciting, rewarding and pleasing for Edward to be involved in too. I get it.

Maybe Dave needs to recognize that and compromise a little.

But maybe the Van Halen's need to compromise also and offer Dave 2 projects to work on, one with Wolfgang and one with the original Van Halen line up.

Then Dave's happy, Wolfgang's happy, Mike's happy, the fans are happy and Alex and Eddie can find something else to moan about.

Uh, fuck that.

Wolf can put out solo albums with his daddy and uncle, and call it "The Van Halen's", but no way should Roth have to accept any more from Wolf than him being the bass player (which is enough compromise).

That scenario is EVH being so over the top self indulgent, that it's beyond ridiculous. Years ago, Roth wanted to call the band "Van Halen" but it was a BAND NAME. Since the breakup, EVH has exploited that mistake to the fullest. Fuck that guy if he keeps pulling this shit.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 9th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.