Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post

I don't even know what to think of the modern VH now. A classic line up barely intrigues me anymore. I almost hate to say it, but at their current status, they've become "has-beens" to many people.
    Unfortunate, but that's the way of the world. Rock n Roll is a young mans/woman's game.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Unfortunate, but that's the way of the world. Rock n Roll is a young mans/woman's game.
    I agree with it being a youthful pastime but their is also a strong reunion market for classic acts.

With it now being confirmed at the Smithsonian event on February 12 2015 that Wolfgang Van Halen is working on a new album for release later in this year, this could mean that Wolfgang will leave Van Halen.

Interesting that Eddie and Alex were reported as communicating with Michael Anthony by an old friend of the band within the VHND comments section recently.

Although that contact stated that in no way did this mean that Mike was in the band or that he would be asked to join them, it is a fact that dialogue has now been established between the two parties.

2015 could turn out to be a very pivotal year in the history of Van Halen as there is obviously a lot happening behind the scenes that we are only now just getting a glimpse of.

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Speak the truth Brother!

Been watching a lot of the classic VH concert videos on the internet.

It's like those guys where in an exercise video. Michael jumping, Eddie jumping, Dave jumping and Alex banging the ever living shit out of that obscene drum kit. Looks like they lost 5 to 10 lbs a night. They really flipped that image of a hard rock band. Standing in one place and jamming away. Van Halen threw that out the window. All that running around and still play your instrument is insane to me.

I miss the physical aspect of Van Halen. No one did it like them. I feel for Dave. That was a huge part of his shtick.

Time marches on.

Those super heroes of our youth are exposed as the mortals they are.

Good looking rock stars today are old creepy looking dudes tomorrow.

Burn Out?

Fade Away?
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Just finished the Joe Perry book.

Both Tyler & Perry, both those guys had to have so many surgeries: Knees, foot, back...
    Perry had to have knee surgery three different times, he was in so much pain.
    No wonder he got addicted to pain meds.

VH was even more physical!

Can't imagine the pain those guys were in, later on.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Speak the truth Brother!

It's like those guys where in an exercise video. Michael jumping, Eddie jumping, Dave jumping and Alex banging the ever living shit out of that obscene drum kit. Looks like they lost 5 to 10 lbs a night. They really flipped that image of a hard rock band. Standing in one place and jamming away. Van Halen threw that out the window. All that running around and still play your instrument is insane to me.

I miss the physical aspect of Van Halen. No one did it like them. I feel for Dave. That was a huge part of his shtick.

Time marches on.

Burn Out?

Fade Away?
    That's for sure. Dave had to train like a fighter in those days. Was in top physical shape . Ed had the hip replacement from jumping and running around the stage all those years.

They are getting up there. Ed's looking older with the white goatee. Alex is certainly looking like an old guy. And Dave too. A little hard to watch our super heroes age, but they're all doing pretty good considering.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    That's for sure. Dave had to train like a fighter in those days. Was in top physical shape . Ed had the hip replacement from jumping and running around the stage all those years.

They are getting up there. Ed's looking older with the white goatee. Alex is certainly looking like an old guy. And Dave too. A little hard to watch our super heroes age, but they're all doing pretty good considering.
    Ed looks like a badass professor, i really like it.

He's come a long way from the horrible shape he was in years ago.
    He looks to be at peace & wiser.

Alex looks older, yet still retains that "i'm just a big kid" gleam in his eye.
    There's another guy that played & partied hard, but miraculously survived to tell
    the tale.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Speak the truth Brother!

Time marches on.

Burn Out?

Fade Away?
    Haha....yeah, that was quite a workout every night. Honestly, for the life of me I have no idea how Ed did it. I have a tuff time standing and playing...let alone moving.
    Such a good point, UG! VH totally changed the art of performing live. Another aspect, I feel, they don't get enough credit for.

It's so difficult when it comes to your heroes. Ya just don't ever want them to go away. No matter what the cost.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    I agree with it being a youthful pastime but their is also a strong reunion market for classic acts.

With it now being confirmed at the Smithsonian event on February 12 2015 that Wolfgang Van Halen is working on a new album for release later in this year, this could mean that Wolfgang will leave Van Halen.

Interesting that Eddie and Alex were reported as communicating with Michael Anthony by an old friend of the band within the VHND comments section recently.

Although that contact stated that in no way did this mean that Mike was in the band or that he would be asked to join them, it is a fact that dialogue has now been established between the two parties.

2015 could turn out to be a very pivotal year in the history of Van Halen as there is obviously a lot happening behind the scenes that we are only now just getting a glimpse of.
    Very true. "Classic acts" are booming these days. Have been for awhile, actually. My comment was how VH is seen thru the eyes of today's youth. Aging bands such as VH have been off the average teen's radar for decades now.

The menace is loose again

Panama & RWTD Now on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkaqpNsZKwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSjJyQ6Pto

Dave just does not sound good. Why VH decides to release a live show with sub-par Dave is beyond me. Come on guys, put out the vintage stuff, give Mike his due and be done with it. Sheesh.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkaqpNsZKwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvSjJyQ6Pto

Dave just does not sound good. Why VH decides to release a live show with sub-par Dave is beyond me. Come on guys, put out the vintage stuff, give Mike his due and be done with it. Sheesh.
    I could not believe how bad "Panama" sounded.

It's the first single, and they just played it on WZLX.
    The DJ seemed apprehensive to even spin it, judging by the way he introduced it.

I'm starting to feel like this is almost an elaborate scheme to trash Dave.
    I know i'm just being paranoid, but it is beyond comprehension how they could put
    this out (not only that, but also in deluxe formats!)

Eddie has truly lost the plot, since he is steering the ship.
    All he cares about is that his son is on the album, it seems.

Plus, the mix/production is terrible.

Who is the guy who mixed it?