Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Seattle's minimum wage hike - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know the law, friend.
    10. AT&T
    CEO: Randall Stephenson
    Average hourly worker wage: $13.28
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $7,412 (558 times the wage of an average worker)

9. Best Buy
    CEO: Hubert Joly
    Average hourly worker wage: $9.78
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $6,517 (666 times the average worker wage)

8. CVS Caremark
    CEO: Larry Merlo
    Average hourly worker wage: $8.81
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $6,777 (769 times the average worker wage)

7. Walmart
    CEO: Mike Duke
    Average hourly worker wage: $8.86
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $6,898 (779 times the average worker wage)

6. Target
    CEO: Gregg Steinhafel
    Average hourly worker wage: $8.35
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $6,882 (824 times the average worker wage)

5. T.J.Maxx
    CEO: Carol Meyrowitz
    Average hourly worker wage: $7.85
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $7,256 (924 times the average worker wage)

4. Gap Inc.
    CEO: Glenn Murphy
    Average hourly worker wage: $8.67
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $8,209 (947 times the average worker wage)

3. Dollar General
    CEO: Rick Dreiling
    Average hourly worker wage: $7.67
    CEO’s hourly compensation: $7,720 (1,007 times the average worker wage)

2. Starbucks
    CEO: Howard Schultz
    Average hourly worker wage: $8.79
    CEO hourly compensation: $9,637 (1,096 times the average worker wage)

1. McDonald's
    CEO: Donald Thompson
    Average hourly worker wage: $7.73
    CEO hourly compensation: $9,247 (1,196 times the average worker wage)
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    The bottom line is, in the 40's, 50's & 60's the gap wasn't nearly this large. These companies aren't hurting.......not even close! But they're doing what they do nowadays, keep the profits, cut the costs and raise the prices. A vicious cycle, repeated over and over. And we just sit here and take it. And defend corporations while blaming the worker.

Name and Title
    John H. Schnatter Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer $3,276,878
    Anthony N. Thompson President and Chief Operating Officer $1,778,639
    Lance F. Tucker Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and Treasurer $1,059,445
    Timothy C. O'Hern Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer $673,597
    Stephen M. Ritchie Senior Vice President, Global Operations and Global Operations Support & Training $1,024,103

And this prick thinks Obamacare is gonna sink his company.
    Last edited by cowboydan; May 4th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Git some!
    Why stop at 15? I mean, there's a politician in Cali asking for 26 an hour. Shit, I should just drop everything, all my studies, my plans for a grad school, and go flip burgers for the rest of my life. I'll be earning as much as the manager. I mean, it's only fair, right?

Say hello to inflation and automated fast food vendors.
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Cowboy's statistics are staggering.

It's almost gotten past the point of getting a degree and living in college debt,
    while working as a barista, to getting lucky or refining your goals to a specialized skill
    that is in demand.

Not only are the average Joe's getting left behind, but also the college graduates with
    journalism degrees or liberal arts degrees.

Everything is moving at such lightning speed, with this overload of technology.
    Even to make shit money, you have to have these specialized sorts of skills.

Love ya moms......
    The gap between the haves and the have nots is HUGE. Those CEO salaries are freaking staggering. Ill remember that next time I pay the Uverse bill or step into some WalMart.

Band Manager
    The landscape has changed completely. I don't know what the answer is, but the distribution of wealth is fucked. I understand that people shouldn't expect shit jobs to have high pay, but shit jobs is all there is! If they automated all the jobs that could be automated, half the workforce would suddenly be out of a job. The idea behind raising the wage is that it will get money circulating at the lower levels (don't worry, it's gonna get back up to the top anyway).

I don't consider myself a "consumer" anyway, so it's hard for me to relate to people that like to spend money on non-necessities. I undervalue almost everything, in that I would never pay what is considered the going rate for most products. I have NEVER bought a new car, and think they are a ridiculous waste of money for anyone that doesn't have money to burn. I always buy used musical equipment, I live frugally, dress unfashionably, and am pretty much a cheapskate.

The aspect that bothers me, is that small businesses could get fucked over. In some ways it plays to the hand of the larger corporate businesses, because the little guy will get fucked.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    I have no problem with $15 minimum wage.As 1234 said,everything has changed.The jobs have been shipped to other countries.Fast food jobs were once a stepping stone,now they're not.Plenty of non-teens working these jobs trying to get by.The factory jobs we lost that employed millions aren't coming back.Industry itself has changed.New tech is changing the way business is being dun.Unfortunately,millions of workers aren't needed to build the products today.
    I do have a problem with corporations crying poverty because of a wage hike.They've been boning the world for decades.The amount of price gouging and all out greed has reached criminal levels.The fact a CEO can get twenty million for just leaving a job is absurd.And all the while we get stuck paying for many aspects of their business interests...and many don't even pay taxes.Some,we end paying THEM at the end of the year!
    The fact that wages have been stagnant since 1980 but CEO pay and pricing has gone thru the roof...pretty much says it all.

If a company is making 13 billion every three months (oil),I think they can eat some of these costs and only make 10 billion every three months.That goes for all these fuckers.I know oil drives the price of everything but greed has also taken over.Just today I wanted an air freshener for my car.They were $4 at the store I was at.Wholesale,I know they are .90cents.The need to jack them up three bucks is bullshit! Milk,bread,gas,rent...a can of soup...everything! Just ridiculous!

Unfortunately,wall street manipulation,corporate greed,the fact that corporations are running Washington like the never have before...until the bigger problems are solved,wage hikes or anything else proposed are more like Band-Aids than an actual fix.

Have to keep in mind as well,this is just Washington state.If other states or the government follow, it won't be fifteen bucks.It will be more like ten.
    Last edited by PrideofPasadena; May 5th, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    So true, food keeps going up AND they ever so slightly decrease the amount you get.
    Cereal, Cheez its, candy bars...
    16 oz is now 13 oz, but in the same box.
    The Snickers bars are getting so small in the "snack pack."

Nobody complains, so we keep getting boned.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    So true, food keeps going up AND they ever so slightly decrease the amount you get.
    Cereal, Cheez its, candy bars...
    16 oz is now 13 oz, but in the same box.
    The Snickers bars are getting so small in the "snack pack."

Nobody complains, so we keep getting boned.
    It's unbelievable they could raise prices and give you less.These products make billions every year but they can't afford to "make less billions" and give a person a decent wage....terrible.It would equal out anyway cuz people would have money to blow on their products.

LOL! When they started decreasing the size of everything I thought I was losing my mind.I'd be like." I coulda swore these cereal boxes used to bigger,I coulda swore cupcakes were bigger than this...why is this ice cream sandwich so small?"..WTF!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    It's unbelievable they could raise prices and give you less.These products make billions every year but they can't afford to "make less billions" and give a person a decent wage....terrible.It would equal out anyway cuz people would have money to blow on their products.

LOL! When they started decreasing the size of everything I thought I was losing my mind.I'd be like." I coulda swore these cereal boxes used to bigger,I coulda swore cupcakes were bigger than this...why is this ice cream sandwich so small?"..WTF!
    I don't know how much smaller they can make them.

The greed in this country, from these "trusted" corporations, knows no bounds.
    The heads of these companies are parasites.

How do you get to that point, in life?
    The point where you have more money than you know what to do with, yet still want more.
    Yet still want to bend the little guy over, again & again.

Another reason, i'd never become a Republican...