Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Cool Vid from Dave - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Giving Dave A Break
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    As in Led Zep swansong?
    Yep, that's the one. It's on my left shoulder blade. Been planning to get a whole music themed thing on the left shoulder but haven't got around to it. Better things to spend a couple of grand on I guess.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

I know the law, friend.
    Don't ever post anything like that again! Sheesh, you can't un-see stuff! Could've at least taken your sweater off first.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Attachment 43872

Well, here it is.
    Cool
    Think this is the first time ive seen a VH tat on someone.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Don't ever post anything like that again! Sheesh, you can't un-see stuff! Could've at least taken your sweater off first.
    Ha! My nephew calls me a silverback gorilla since most of my chest hair is now white!

Aww well...it runs in the family. Italians tend to be hairy.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

I know the law, friend.
    Fine, since we're sharing our tats:

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Fine, since we're sharing our tats:

Haha I've seen that one before, I think on the links. That's just a little, uhh, overboard.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Giving Dave A Break
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Cool
    Think this is the first time ive seen a VH tat on someone.
    At a pub one night to see a local band called Electric Mary (check them out on youtube, great band) and this guy comes to the bar with a VH tatt on his arm. My mate says to him, "Van Halen fan eh?" He says "Yeah, i'm the biggest VH fan in the world!" My mate says "No you aren't, he is" and points to me. Me and this guy then have a bit of a drunken VH trivia war and I smashed him on VH knowledge, he was a fucking light weight!
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Cool video.

I don't understand tattoos. I wouldn't say I judge people harshly for having them, but I wouldn't say I consider them a positive. I know different cultures have different attitudes about them, and people are free to do what they want with their own bodies. To me, they immediately bring to mind people in prison, and then they bring to mind people that are foolishly caught up in being hip. Many of my closest friends have them, but I haven't heard a compelling reason why from any of them. Maybe I'm too whitebread.

Roth suddenly getting tattoos all over his torso seems like a mid-life crisis, and trying to stay "cutting edge". If he was so into tattoos, what was keeping him from getting them before ( I know he already had a small one on his ankle)? It's odd.
    Because tattoos are "in" right now.
    Ready, Eddie!

Band Manager
    Cool vid! A nice little jam.
    As for the tatts,I'm not so sure it's an "in" thing for Dave.Between Ed Hardy,Kat Von D,all the shows on tv....tattoo's have been enjoying a new popularity for at least a decade.Plus,most of his tatts look like Buddha and martial arts related....things he's always been into.I imagine at this time in his life he feels more enlightened by these, and other aspects, and wants to express it thru tattoo's.
    Last edited by PrideofPasadena; May 5th, 2014 at 12:20 AM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Attachment 43872

Well, here it is.
    Nice tatts,JD.In the mid 80's all my friends were getting them but I never did.I kinda regret never getting one.Unlikely I ever will but I'll never say never.

Totally agree....No one will ever be as good as MJ!