Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Cool Vid from Dave
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I know the law, friend.

Cool Vid from Dave

Good strummin' and singin' on this one, including new tattoos and new Ice Cream Man lyrics

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Like Mike
    Very cool video, no doubt! But new tats on an old man? Very lame.

Thanks for sharing!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Very cool video, no doubt! But new tats on an old man? Very lame.

Thanks for sharing!
    I agree, jack.

Nikki Sixx, Dave is not.
    It reminds me of George Lynch taking up smoking at age 50.

For some reason, it bothers me when there is that delay between chords, when
    someone is changing hand positions.
    It's distracting, in a way.

But Dave was just havin' fun & never pretended to be EVH.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I agree, jack.

Nikki Sixx, Dave is not.
    It reminds me of George Lynch taking up smoking at age 50.

For some reason, it bothers me when there is that delay between chords, when
    someone is changing hand positions.
    It's distracting, in a way.

But Dave was just havin' fun & never pretended to be EVH.
    Always a pleasure to see Dave strummin the blues on accoustic. I don't know about the tattoos, but one thing for sure, Dave always does whatever he wants to do in his life at any time. We should all be so lucky!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Love ya moms......
    I admire Dave and always have for his zest for living life as it should be. He realizes you only get one go round here on this earth so better well make the most of it.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I admire Dave and always have for his zest for living life as it should be. He realizes you only get one go round here on this earth so better well make the most of it.
    There haven't been too many, if any, rock stars who have done as much outside of being a rock star as Dave has. An adventurous life he has lead. Easily the greatest frontman of all time.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Oh, i agree with both of you, i'm just nit-picking.

I do like the folky chords & strums, it does really fit his relaxed state of mind.
    But, man....
    Nothing beats EVH's metal/bluegrass/acoustic intro to, TYWH!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Oh, i agree with both of you, i'm just nit-picking.

I do like the folky chords & strums, it does really fit his relaxed state of mind.
    But, man....
    Nothing beats EVH's metal/bluegrass/acoustic intro to, TYWH!
    Ha! Well, nobody beats the King of six strings and ten fingers! I don't know why they don't play Whiskey or Fools on the next tour. They'd be perfect for Dave's voice now.

Band Manager
    Yeah, " The Full Bug " has always been one of my all time favorites, partly because of Dave's bluesy accoustic intro and harmonica playing. No idea why they cut those parts out of the tune on the last tour. Glad as hell they played it though.

I agree, it is a pretty cool video there. I caught it last night. Nice to hear him strumming with the devil there. King Papa Soul Brother # 2 Big Daddy Double D Roth to the rescue. A-how-how-how.

I'm not a tattoo guy at all. Never really understood the whole idea. Just not my thing.

He's gonna end up with more tattoo's than Johnny Winter. He sure seems to like them. They must cost a freakin' bundle too. Those artists are most likely the very top most world renowned professionals. I couldnt imagine spending that much time getting the work done. It must take hours and hours to get it all done. Cant imagine it would be very comfortable either. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, " The Full Bug " has always been one of my all time favorites, partly because of Dave's bluesy accoustic intro and harmonica playing. No idea why they cut those parts out of the tune on the last tour. Glad as hell they played it though.

I agree, it is a pretty cool video there. I caught it last night. Nice to hear him strumming with the devil there. King Papa Soul Brother # 2 Big Daddy Double D Roth to the rescue. A-how-how-how.

I'm not a tattoo guy at all. Never really understood the whole idea. Just not my thing.

He's gonna end up with more tattoo's than Johnny Winter. He sure seems to like them. They must cost a freakin' bundle too. Those artists are most likely the very top most world renowned professionals. I couldnt imagine spending that much time getting the work done. It must take hours and hours to get it all done. Cant imagine it would be very comfortable either. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
    I just have two tattoos, one on each shoulder, and it's not bad. Sort of like a little cat scratch, but then again I don't have sleeves or a my whole back done! I don't mind a few tattoos, but I never understood people wanting to cover their bodies with them. It's funny to look at old Motley Crüe videos when they had a few and then you see Nikki and Tommy now, and they're just smothered in them.