Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Great Van Halen Project"- David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Is Mike Back? - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Git some!
    I think some of us are kind of jumping the gun just a bit. It's Van Halen, we can't read in between the lines too much and inject our inward fantasies before they even say anything.
    Ready, Eddie!

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I think some of us are kind of jumping the gun just a bit. It's Van Halen, we can't read in between the lines too much and inject our inward fantasies before they even say anything.
    How do you get that from this thread title: "Great Van Halen Project" - David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Mike's Back!

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    All i can say, at this point, is:

Welcome back, Mike!

(I still don't think you played on half of "Fair Warning," but....)

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    All i can say, at this point, is:

Welcome back, Mike!

(I still don't think you played on half of "Fair Warning," but....)
    That's just so 'tongue in cheek' unchained.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    How do you get that from this thread title: "Great Van Halen Project" - David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Mike's Back!

And then to this....

"Great Van Halen Project"- David Lee Roth - Classic Van Halen Reunion - Is Mike Back?

Thread evolution. It's all out in the open, no smoke and mirrors.

We are having the debate on this site, as from what I have seen, the other sites in the Van Halen community just aren't debating it.

So if you want to discuss it, log on or even join up to ClassicVanHalen.com and have your say.

For the record, I think it's on.

Giving Dave A Break
    For the record, it ain't

“With Wolfgang in the band now, he does a lot of work with Van Halen right now, they’re putting together a new album, so it’s going to be hard to get everybody’s schedules to line up,” said Tremonti, who quickly added that Wolfgang doesn’t give him any special insight into what the new songs sound like. “You know, he doesn’t,” he shrugged. “He just says, ‘Yeah, sounds great, man. Sounds great.’”
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    For the record, it ain't

“With Wolfgang in the band now, he does a lot of work with Van Halen right now, they’re putting together a new album, so it’s going to be hard to get everybody’s schedules to line up,” said Tremonti, who quickly added that Wolfgang doesn’t give him any special insight into what the new songs sound like. “You know, he doesn’t,” he shrugged. “He just says, ‘Yeah, sounds great, man. Sounds great.’”
    Especially those background vocals, they sound just like...

If Mike is back in the band and I was David Lee Roth, I would be bursting with excitement. The difference Mike would make to Van Halen's vocal performance on tour is phenomenal. He would take a lot of the heat off Dave.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Especially those background vocals, they sound just like...

If Mike is back in the band and I was David Lee Roth, I would be bursting with excitement. The difference Mike would make to Van Halen's vocal performance on tour is phenomenal. He would take a lot of the heat off Dave.
    I know u refuse to comprehend this cuz u haven't been able to see them live, but Wolf and Ed's vocals on the last tour sounded great. Even UG and some of the other guys admit that, and no bootlegged YouTube vid, no matter how high the quality, is going to do the band justice. Would having Mike back lead Dave to quit singing in too high of a register? Perhaps, but that remains to be seen too.

Most of the vocals on ADKOT are just Dave multi tracking himself, and I think that was a mistake. Ed an Wolf should have done ALL the backing vocals on the album. Heck, that probably greatly contributed to Dave blowing his voice out before the tour.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

I know the law, friend.
    I'd much rather hear MA and Eddie as the backing vocals over Wolfie and Eddie. I don't know how technically correct it is, but I think MA's voice just goes with Dave's way better. I think people would think Dave sounds a ton better if MA were backing him up.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    You can't beat that classic VH backing vocal sound, BUT....

Having said that...

I agree with JD, because i too witnessed the latest version of VH, in a live setting, and both
    Ed & Wolf's vocals were stellar.
    They sang better than Dave (and in key!).

Wolf brings a different sound than Mikey, but he can hold his own.
    And Ed sounds really good, too.
    Check out current versions of things like, Women in Love.

Bringing Mike back would be a blast & certainly help Roth, on the big stages.
    There's no denying that.

But, for the record, Wolf certainly impressed & held up his end of the Bass/vocal, equation.