Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

AC/DC coming to an end
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Band Manager

AC/DC coming to an end

They were the only rivals to VH in that era. No need to wax poetic about the band...giants of Rock. More than missing the band, I really hope Malcolm gets well enough to smell the flowers, and enjoy retirement with his family for a while.

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    They were the only rivals to VH in that era. No need to wax poetic about the band...giants of Rock. More than missing the band, I really hope Malcolm gets well enough to smell the flowers, and enjoy retirement with his family for a while.
    Here here! I just read some of the news/rumors. I hope it isn't true and if it is, I to wish that Malcolm can spend his time with his family.

Last weekend I was cranking POWERAGE and was blown away at how AC/DC's music has held up over time. It's a thing of beauty. Down Payment Blues, Kicked in the Teeth and my favorite, What's next to the Moon!
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Here here! I just read some of the news/rumors. I hope it isn't true and if it is, I to wish that Malcolm can spend his time with his family.

Last weekend I was cranking POWERAGE and was blown away at how AC/DC's music has held up over time. It's a thing of beauty. Down Payment Blues, Kicked in the Teeth and my favorite, What's next to the Moon!
    I love those tunes, Powerage is their "Fair Warning."
    "What's next to the moon" is this basic open string riff, yet it sounds so mean!

AC/DC was also my first concert in 1981, and to this day, nothing has ever matched the feeling
    i had in my body, the moment Angus came out & hit that first chord.
    It was even better than my first sexual experience, it was amazing.

God bless, Malcom Young.
    That guy was the anchor, the heartbeat of it all.
    Listen to the bootlegs when he had Stevie Young subbing for him.
    It just sounds wrong.

I know the law, friend.
    Powerage is awesome. Riff Raff is my favorite AC/DC riff. Such a great song, especially live.

This is sad news, but they've had an amazing run. And to come back as strongly as they did after losing Bon........amazing. Malcolm is indeed the anchor, hope his health holds up for him.
    Last edited by cowboydan; April 15th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Yours truly, As Is
    Sad to see that maybe all the cigarettes an pints finally catching up with Malcolm. Hopefully he will recover and be able to spend many more years with his family...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Definitely sad to hear.Hope he can recover.
    I totally agree.He has been the glue that holds it all together,musically.

Band Manager
    Yeah this is shocking news. Just brutal.

I had also been rocking out to AC/DC last week as I noticed some new old footage from 1979 in Fresno on the same " single-8- films " YT channel that has the VH stuff.

Ran across this short story from a fan who met and hung out with them in '78. There are some cool pictures.

http://haggisbuffet.blogspot.ca/2012...chive.html?m=1

Powerage is one of my favorites as well. Always loved it. " Cold Hearted Man " is a pretty cool gritty tune.

Last edited by Heisenberg; April 16th, 2014 at 02:30 AM.

Band Manager
    Angus and Malcolm Young...these guys are a rare breed. They are "rock n roll animals"...guys that probably couldn't succeed at anything else BUT rocking (I don't mean that as any kind of slight). They were "all in" to the idea of dedicating their lives to making rock music, and you can hear it in the grooves of their records. That might sound silly or romanticized, but that kind of commitment is rare, and it is what produces the greatest music. The Van Halen brothers have it, and the Young brothers are cut from the same cloth. It's pretty much essential for me to get that urgency from a band if I'm gonna enjoy their work.

I know the law, friend.
    No question about it 1234.

I remember the first time I heard Bon Scott era AC/DC. I was at my friend Matt's house....must've been 13 or 14. I was very familiar with Back in Black and For Those About to Rock, but never even knew that Brian Johnson was a replacement singer. We're hanging out in his room, which was always an adventure to begin with, because he came from a military family and he always had rifles and ammo boxes and magazines about guns laying all over the place. He even had a real Nazi helmet with a bullet hole through one side, above where your ear would be. His grandfather brought it home from WWII. Talk about a souvenir. I was totally fascinated by all that stuff. Anyway, he popped in If You Want Blood You Got It and I was blown away by Riff Raff. Ya know those moments when you hear something and it opens up a whole new musical world full of amazing possibilities? Yeah, that was one of those moments. So I asked him to borrow the tape and he let me. It had a permanent spot in my Walkman (for those of you who know what they are) for the next month or so. Just an amazing live performance by the band. And Bon is in top form.

I finally saw them live probably 5 or 6 years later in Philly and they blew the roof off the fuckin' place. Any of you who've seen them live know what it's like, and they deliver every night. Angus was out of his mind. Coolest thing was during his solo he runs down a staircase and slides the neck of the guitar down the railing and sparks come flying off in every direction! Brian Johnson was swinging from a giant wrecking ball. That show was great.

Anyway, sad news, but as JD said hopefully he'll be able to spend a long time with his family.

-David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.
    AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has stated the band are not retiring yet and they're planning to go ahead with studio sessions in May.

But his comments suggest there's at least a hint of doubt about the Aussie giants' future, and no guarantee that their planned 40th anniversary tour will go ahead.

There's been a flurry of speculation in recent days after it was rumoured that mainman Malcolm Young was too ill to continue, and that a long-standing agreement amongst the quintet meant that if one of them left the entire band would fold.

Johnson tells the Telegraph: "We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver. We're going to pick up guitars, have a plonk and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens we'll record it."

He'd previously confirmed that one of the band, believed to be Malcolm, was suffering from ill health but he refuses to add more details.

"I wouldn't like to say anything either way about the future," says Johnson. "I'm not ruling anything out. One of the boys has a debilitating illness, but I don't want to say too much about it.

"He's very proud and private. A wonderful chap. We've been pals for 25 years and I look up to him very much."

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...t-retiring-yet

He'd also said there were plans for AC/DC to play 40 shows to mark their 40th anniversary their first show was on New Year's Eve 1973.

Now he reports: "That would be a wonderful way to say bye-bye. We would love to do it but it's all up in the air at the moment."
    -David Lee Roth-