Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

What happened to Jungle Drummer ?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    EVH diehard ...

What happened to Jungle Drummer ?

Anyone know where JD is at these days ? I haven't seen him on here for a few weeks , and that's not his m.o. for as long as he's been on here . Did he mention going away , or did something happen behind the scenes that I'm not aware of ?

Miss ya , bro !!!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Like Mike
    I'd contact him through Youtube, but I'm locked out of my email account so I can't access it. I think maybe he's enjoying the holidays.

Band Manager
    He went on safari with Dave.

a9c3ce57ff274696fcdff963814d0fb7-1.jpg

I know the law, friend.
    That's odd, cause I thought I saw him hangin' with Al & Eddie

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Only a little tardy
    I'm sure he'll pop in soon. Probably an internet break that I can never seem to take...

..well. back to researching.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Giving Dave A Break
    I had an argument with a guy on Saturday night about Alex VH. This guy isn't a VH fan at all, he's a great guitar player, has a real Gary Moore vibe in his playing & is very experienced, did the We Will Rock You show over here. But he really only likes the British guys, he's English himself, so it's some kind of built in bias he has. Anyway, he was telling me that Alex was a shit drummer who can't play live, blah blah blah. Fucking dude almost infuriated me with his ignorance. He said VH only had 1 good album and Ed was over rated. Fuck, I was going crazy. I reckon UG would have punched him! LOL. Anyway, probably for another thread!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    I had an argument with a guy on Saturday night about Alex VH. This guy isn't a VH fan at all, he's a great guitar player, has a real Gary Moore vibe in his playing & is very experienced, did the We Will Rock You show over here. But he really only likes the British guys, he's English himself, so it's some kind of built in bias he has. Anyway, he was telling me that Alex was a shit drummer who can't play live, blah blah blah. Fucking dude almost infuriated me with his ignorance. He said VH only had 1 good album and Ed was over rated. Fuck, I was going crazy. I reckon UG would have punched him! LOL. Anyway, probably for another thread!
    Yeah, man, i hate people like that.
    The one's that classify Ed as a "trick/stunt" player, and only hear the tapping & the bar antics.
    The solo's in things like Simple Rhyme, So this is Love, Push comes to shove, Fools, etc., all these things show
    all the dimensions of Ed as a soloist.
    He was always combining musicality with virtuosity, in the early years.

I absolutely love Gary Moore, as well, yet i could never understand Vivian Campbell's early
    interviews in GFTPM & GW, where he'd say, "Gary Moore would blow the doors off Eddie Van Halen."

Completely different styles & approaches.

Band Manager
    It's always baffled me how there's a small fraction of people who completely despise Ed.I remember back in '84 my buddy was in a band that covered heavy metal (Metallica,Venom,Savatage..stuff like that.Most of his friends weren't my friends,they lived far away from me.When I'd go to his practice,or shows,and talk to some of them,they were heavy anti Ed to a ridiculous level.In the coming decades I would see more people like that.It's almost like hating Ed became a badge of honor in some circles.
    I can understand not liking VH music but not to respect his ability or the many contributions he made,that changed the guitar and gear itself,that's just stupid!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    It's always baffled me how there's a small fraction of people who completely despise Ed.I remember back in '84 my buddy was in a band that covered heavy metal (Metallica,Venom,Savatage..stuff like that.Most of his friends weren't my friends,they lived far away from me.When I'd go to his practice,or shows,and talk to some of them,they were heavy anti Ed to a ridiculous level.In the coming decades I would see more people like that.It's almost like hating Ed became a badge of honor in some circles.
    I can understand not liking VH music but not to respect his ability or the many contributions he made,that changed the guitar and gear itself,that's just stupid!
    I feel like what Ed ended up doing with Sammy soured a lot of folks towords him & his style.
    Even at work, these younger "classic rock" fans think he's the lame guy that did "Dreams" and "Right now."
    I feel like strapping them to a chair, ala Clockwork Orange, and forcing them to listen to WACF or FW on repeat!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I'd contact him through Youtube, but I'm locked out of my email account so I can't access it. I think maybe he's enjoying the holidays.
    He knows my YT address as well , and he did send me a couple of regular Yahoo emails about 3 weeks ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He went on safari with Dave.

a9c3ce57ff274696fcdff963814d0fb7-1.jpg
    LOL - that's a possibility !

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    That's odd, cause I thought I saw him hangin' with Al & Eddie

I laughed when I first saw this !!! Good call

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I'm sure he'll pop in soon. Probably an internet break that I can never seem to take...

..well. back to researching.
    I often take a few weeks away from here . It's a nice break , sometimes ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."