Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Site riddled with viruses - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've been experiencing MAJOR problems off and on for at least two months.

Sometimes the site works fine, but most of the time lately it freezes up after two pages. Then I have to re-fresh and log in again. Frequently getting a database error and unable to access the site again until a later time.

Just now tonight, it took almost an hour to make two posts, and I am unable to edit my post, as somehow two of the same post showed up. I have no idea what the hell is wrong.
    I've noticed a few glitches lately as well . Had hoped it was just my sh*tty laptop ! Haha
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

I've been experiencing MAJOR problems off and on for at least two months.

Sometimes the site works fine, but most of the time lately it freezes up after two pages. Then I have to re-fresh and log in again. Frequently getting a database error and unable to access the site again until a later time.

Just now tonight, it took almost an hour to make two posts, and I am unable to edit my post, as somehow two of the same post showed up. I have no idea what the hell is wrong.
    As a Mod, I can see on the control panel that either the site isn't coming under attack, or, the spam filters, antivirus appears to be working and succeeding in stopping any attacks from getting through.

So unless VH Freak as Admin can see something I can't, then it's probably not a virus causing it.

I find the site works best when I change the browser I'm using to google chrome.

Could it be a hosting issue? Again I would have to refer you to VH Freak on that.

What browser do you use?

Giving Dave A Break
    My AV is throwing a message when accessing this site:

Blocked web request to "ferrerautoparts.com/ini.php" (linked from "classicvanhalen.com/forum/showthread.php"). 'Mal/HTMLGen-A' has been found at this website, reference ID 160911420.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    What browser do you use?
    I also use the Google Chrome, before that FireFox.

But I frequently also use my IPad and Android phone. Sometimes the site runs fine for me, but most of the time it freezes up after surfing two pages. Then have to refresh.

Is it possible that the picture " attachments " have something to do with it. I'm not too keen on software troubleshooting, but at times have crashed on some of the Facebook picture pages. I sometimes have had problems with my YouTube as well, ever since I upgraded to their new version a couple months ago.

Maybe it has nothing to do with this site after all. I'll have a professional look into it.

Thanks for checking. I don't want to put you to any extra work. I recall last year some of the people commented about the site running slow, but I had no difficulty at that time.

I also use the Google Chrome, before that FireFox.

But I frequently also use my IPad and Android phone. Sometimes the site runs fine for me, but most of the time it freezes up after surfing two pages. Then have to refresh.

Is it possible that the picture " attachments " have something to do with it. I'm not too keen on software troubleshooting, but at times have crashed on some of the Facebook picture pages. I sometimes have had problems with my YouTube as well, ever since I upgraded to their new version a couple months ago.

Maybe it has nothing to do with this site after all. I'll have a professional look into it.

Thanks for checking. I don't want to put you to any extra work. I recall last year some of the people commented about the site running slow, but I had no difficulty at that time.
    I'm having the same problem with the latest version of YouTube as well.

Facebook can be a frustratingly slow when viewing pics. So I do experience that as well.

You may be right, we also may have an issue with media attachments. Either that or it's an internet wide issue and has more to do with the computers / graphic cards / software that we each use on our local machines. I will raise it in the mod section and see if we can shed some light on this problem or find a solution.

Band Manager
    Bump. Bump. Bump.

Webmaster
    OK...my host finally found the infected file. They cleared it out so you should not be getting this error anymore. You may need to clear your cache to see the changes. Please let me know if anything still comes up.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com