Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
WARNING: Classicvanhalen.com has been hacked. - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    So nice to see so many members signed on here, again, at once!

Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    Also, on an unrelated note: If you visit the site much and have adblock installed, I'm sure it would be appreciated if you disabled it for this site, and maybe clicked on of the more innocuous ads once in a while. My understanding of google ads is that sites get paid after click through.

That has nothing to do with the hack. I'm just pointing out that every little bit helps the site stay afloat.
    Thanks fly! Yes...that is the only way (other than direct donations) that helps pay for this site is the clicking of the ads. Much appreciated.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

dirty old man...
    Quote Originally Posted by MEZRO View Post
    Not at all Dave. What I pointed out was that due to the hacker and the warnings of malware on google, members were avoiding the site just when you needed advice, help and support in selling your guitars, which was a shame.

The hacker was from the middle east and had taken down many other sites as well. It was known all along that the hacker was not a member of this site, but had registered as an administrator and had left the site with only about four of us posting at the time.

I'm sure some of the older/former members view the site even if they only log in on the odd occasion.

Kind regards

MEZRO
    gotcha, man!!

thought it was all cool...
    ...Dave
    Talent. Hard work. Quality product.
    Ron's Custom Guitars.
    I am a proud owner of one.
    Everything else is just a TOY!!!
    Dave G 5150

Band Manager
    I figured that's what happened.I couldn't get on for four days.I finally gave up.

If somebody wants to hack something hack the Samsung website.My $1200 HDTV developed thin lines in it right after the warranty expired.Three years and it's screwing up,I figured I could at least get ten years out of it.....bastards!!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I figured that's what happened.I couldn't get on for four days.I finally gave up.

If somebody wants to hack something hack the Samsung website.My $1200 HDTV developed thin lines in it right after the warranty expired.Three years and it's screwing up,I figured I could at least get ten years out of it.....bastards!!
    Usually Samsung is reliable & a great brand.

I had an Air Conditioner from them, it was moved & beat to hell, but it lasted twelve years without issue.
    This past summer it gave it's last gasp.
    It was on sale for 100 dollars, when i bought it, too.

Their TV's look really thin & nice.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Usually Samsung is reliable & a great brand.

I had an Air Conditioner from them, it was moved & beat to hell, but it lasted twelve years without issue.
    This past summer it gave it's last gasp.
    It was on sale for 100 dollars, when i bought it, too.

Their TV's look really thin & nice.
    No doubt the picture on the Samsung was awesome.A great tv while it lasted.It still works,and the lines aren't very visable,but it did lose a little picture quality as well.I'm lucky so far,many people have the screen go completely or partially black.I'm not their yet.
    I didn't know it but a lot of the HDTV's in the last four of five years aren't lasting very long.Not just Samsung...all of them.I did some checking and found story after story of TV's dying or developing problems not long after the warranty expires.
    I let my bestbuy coverage expire....definitely won't do that again.

? ? ? ?
    Yep they sure dont make things to last for any length of time anymore. You know I can remember as a little kid being chased around the house by my older brother, He tripped me and I fell into the corner of the end table gashing my forehead open, and my mother taking me to the hospital to get frankenstein stitches to close the wound.Today kids do the very same thing. They trip and fall into the end table only to see the end table shatter into a million pieces,and they walk away with barely a scratch on them.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

Band Manager
    Did we get hacked again? I couldn't get on yesterday.Late,the night before yesterday,I tried to reply then all of sudden my account was suspended for basically two days.Just figured it was another hack job.

EVH diehard ...
    I got the "account suspended" message for a day and a half . Now the site is loading , but running a bit slow for me .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Did we get hacked again? I couldn't get on yesterday.Late,the night before yesterday,I tried to reply then all of sudden my account was suspended for basically two days.Just figured it was another hack job.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I got the "account suspended" message for a day and a half . Now the site is loading , but running a bit slow for me .
    I can't see any evidence of hacking, unless VH Freak has already sorted it. If the site is coming under attack, I understand the hosting company can suspend the account to protect it.

The site is also running slow for me at the moment too.