Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Doug from Oz

One Way to Rock EVH fills and solos

For the jocks.

Roadie
    I love it.....

you da man Doug

Rob
    Last edited by vhrob; July 5th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

Central Scrutinizer
    Doug, you are nuttier than a three pound fruit cake... but that's why I love you! Great video!
    WGAF?!!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsteele View Post
    For the jocks.

Nice !
    That's one of my favorites from that era . I thought Eddie did some great fills in that version of the tune . Good job for tackling this one , Doug .

I'll agree with Rob , and say that i'd like to hear more . Cheers
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Doug from Oz
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Nice !
    That's one of my favorites from that era . I thought Eddie did some great fills in that version of the tune . Good job for tackling this one , Doug .

I'll agree with Rob , and say that i'd like to hear more . Cheers
    Thanks guys, that's really nice. I'm not sure i can go down the Hagar path, so clips like these will be few and far between. But, after having said that, stranger things gave happened. And I'm really digging AMsterdam, ha ha ha!!!

As for LWAN, that was the first time I'd seen Ed in video form. I did end up seeing that tour in SF. I think BTO was the support. I was 19, drunk, and it was a pretty good gig.

I'm not an idiot; I think Hagar is a better singer than Roth, I think he's a cooler person than Roth, but he wasn't on the first four albums, my holy grail. My point is, I have a hangover and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm going to watch another Parks and Recreation.

Ron Swanson is a bad ass!!!

Roadie
    Wham bam Amsterdam.

One of my fav hag era tunes. Jam it all the time. Ed had some killer riffage on that whole album. 7th seal, don't tell me, aftershock and Amsterdam were good ones.

Thanks for all your vids Doug. We do appreciate it bro.

Rob

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsteele View Post
    Thanks guys, that's really nice. I'm not sure i can go down the Hagar path, so clips like these will be few and far between. But, after having said that, stranger things gave happened. And I'm really digging AMsterdam, ha ha ha!!!

As for LWAN, that was the first time I'd seen Ed in video form. I did end up seeing that tour in SF. I think BTO was the support. I was 19, drunk, and it was a pretty good gig.

I'm not an idiot; I think Hagar is a better singer than Roth, I think he's a cooler person than Roth, but he wasn't on the first four albums, my holy grail. My point is, I have a hangover and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm going to watch another Parks and Recreation.

Ron Swanson is a bad ass!!!
    Haha !

LWAN was my first video experience of Eddie . Killer performance .
    The Hagar stuff isn't as bad as people make it out to be . Glad to see you view it objectively ... A welcome change of pace 'round these parts

"Amsterdam" has a lot of nice riffage . I'll put in a request for that , "Balichutherium" , or the solo from "Feelin'".
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhrob View Post
    Wham bam Amsterdam.

One of my fav hag era tunes. Jam it all the time. Ed had some killer riffage on that whole album. 7th seal, don't tell me, aftershock and Amsterdam were good ones.

Thanks for all your vids Doug. We do appreciate it bro.

Rob
    I totally agree with ya , bro .
    "Aftershock" has some really cool Eddie moments , both in the riffs and the solos . After so long , it was awesome to hear him use the flanger for the opening .

Did you see them perform this on Jon Stewart's show back in the day ?
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Balance" was horrible.

Man, everytime this place seemingly get's back on track with CVH, somebody brings up the wretched Hagar
    shit, and poisons the experience.

I just don't understand it.
    It baffles me.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I totally agree with ya , bro .
    "Aftershock" has some really cool Eddie moments , both in the riffs and the solos . After so long , it was awesome to hear him use the flanger for the opening .

Did you see them perform this on Jon Stewart's show back in the day ?
    Balance was absolutely amazing!!!! in my opinion.... strawberry ice cream is better than chocolate... blah, blah, blah.... all opinions for sure but I agree that Balance had some of Ed's best riffing of the 90s. How can anyone say Amsterdam or Seventh Seal did not sound good? I dont get it but I guess its all up to personnal taste.

yes I did see the performance of Jon Stewart back in 95... have it on vid and I still love seeing it.

thats the joy of music gentlemen, different strokes for different folks. See I LOVE the Roth years for sure but I never could understand how people could not see the musical joys of the Hagar years as well. But again its all about taste I guess. Strawberry ice cream is better... no chocolate is better... no vannilla is better... ha ha... whatever.

Rob