Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tokyo Van Halen-Japanese VH Tribute Band
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is

Tokyo Van Halen-Japanese VH Tribute Band

Found these when I was watching VH Japan clips the other day. These guys would be a lot of fun to see. Very cool that they play a lot of tunes off ADKOT. Wish the real VH would do the same...

"My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    I was really impressed when you sent me these vids the other day . This band does a great job . They even have the newer look down pat , and the music is performed with a lot of spirit and fun . One of the better tribute bands i've seen in recent memory .

I love how they played some of the kick ass stuff from ADKoT . Awesome find !!!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

I know the law, friend.
    I think it's very interesting that you have 4 young guys doing a tribute to the new version of VH. I'm so used to seeing 4 old guys do a tribute to the classic version of VH. What a new twist on things. Pretty cool. Tells you a little bit about the current relevancy of VH to this generation of rock fans as well. ADKOT hasn't missed the mark.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Wow, these guys sound great!

Dave should sing the new songs the way THIS guy is singing them, in that range.
    The first video really re-ignited that initial fire i had for ADKOT, because they played 'em great.
    I loved their "She's the woman."

The guitarist had that haircut & movement thing, down.
    He moved just like modern day Eddie, same smile, too.
    Obviously, the guy was also a tremendous player.

Despite the singer having dark hair, i really liked his voice.
    Drums were on target, as well.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I think it's very interesting that you have 4 young guys doing a tribute to the new version of VH. I'm so used to seeing 4 old guys do a tribute to the classic version of VH. What a new twist on things. Pretty cool. Tells you a little bit about the current relevancy of VH to this generation of rock fans as well. ADKOT hasn't missed the mark.
    I was thinking the same thing . ADKoT really has reached a whole generation of fans . Much like my own tastes , this tribute band has latched onto the current incarnation of the group , while clearly having a love for the older stuff as well . To me , these guys do the CVH material very authentically . The guitarist has that "perma-grin" of Eddie's , down to a science ! LOL

To me , VH hit a grand slam homer with their last album . Mission accomplished .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

The first video really re-ignited that initial fire i had for ADKOT, because they played 'em great.

It really begs the question ; has Dave ever seen or met these guys ? Mr. Roth has called Japan his home for a while now ...
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Yeah, I love the way the guitarist mimicked Ed's moves and infectious smile. Their version of "You And Your Blues" was badass! But they also ripped on "Romeo Delight" and "Hang Em High" and pretty much everything else too! I'd love to see a full show of these guys.

To echo what Dan and Rob said, I think that this tribute band, and the large enthusiastic crowds at the Japan gigs, particularly the Tokyo Dome, show that this band remains relevant and really should have done a full scale world tour and promoted ADKOT heavily. This album has VERY likely sold over a million copies combining worldwide sales with US sales, with almost no promotion from the band.

ADKOT is an amazing album that the band, AND their fans, can be very proud of...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Yeah, I love the way the guitarist mimicked Ed's moves and infectious smile. Their version of "You And Your Blues" was badass! But they also ripped on "Romeo Delight" and "Hang Em High" and pretty much everything else too! I'd love to see a full show of these guys.

To echo what Dan and Rob said, I think that this tribute band, and the large enthusiastic crowds at the Japan gigs, particularly the Tokyo Dome, show that this band remains relevant and really should have done a full scale world tour and promoted ADKOT heavily. This album has VERY likely sold over a million copies combining worldwide sales with US sales, with almost no promotion from the band.

ADKOT is an amazing album that the band, AND their fans, can be very proud of...
    "You and your blues" was excellent.
    And i love the Marshalls, as opposed to the expected EVH amplifiers.
    It just looks more old school, i guess.

But the japanese have always loved their Van Halen.
    Even through the 90's, Young Guitar and other Japanese publications, would obsess over vintage era VH.
    Nobody in America cared, it seemed, but Japan always did.

But this Tokyo VH is top notch, imo.
    You cannot fault the japanese for really nailing every nuance.
    Even in the late 70's/early 80's, Akira Takasaki was the guy trying to be the asian VH.
    They never do it half-assed, it seems.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I love the "Light up the sky" clip, with the asian Wolfgang, playing along behind them.
    He even has the same haircut & stage presence!

Hysterical, yet brilliant.
    These guys are becoming my favorite VH cover band, after the Punks.
    Musically & visually, its uncanny.
    Good players and actors!

Yours truly, As Is
    I wish these guys had more YT vids. This is the only full song I've found. The beginning is pretty funny.