Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Massive Tornado in Moore, OK......ALS hope you're alright. - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Last year was the first time in the 4 years that I've lived in Texas that I was freaked out about them. We had 12 tornados going at 1 time throughout the DFW Metroplex. That was not cool at all. I was in 3 of the locations earlier that day.

Jesus H Christ that was unbelievable. Was that a F3? Or 4? Where was that in relation to Irving?

Only a little tardy
    Pretty frightening stuff to see. I think that's the largest I've ever heard.

My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones. My local weather man said the closest analog to this tornado was the April 27th. 2011 tornado what went through Hackleburg, AL. It was an EF-5 with estimated winds of 210 mph, at it's largest point it was 1 mile wide, and it stayed on the ground for 132 miles.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY View Post
    My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones. My local weather man said the closest analog to this tornado was the April 27th. 2011 tornado what went through Hackleburg, AL. It was an EF-5 with estimated winds of 210 mph, at it's largest point it was 1 mile wide, and it stayed on the ground for 132 miles.
    On the ground for 132 miles is almost unheard of. The tri state tornado which killed 695 in 1925 was on the ground for 234 miles which maybe a record? Several companys{chesapeake,OGE,Devon}have already donated in the millions and kevin durant donated a million. This seems to have brought out the best in people and the worst{already reports of looting and people driving by just to take a pic of the area or to gawk}.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    Last edited by Achilleslastand; May 23rd, 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    On the ground for 132 miles is almost unheard of. The tri state tornado which killed 695 in 1925 was on the ground for 234 miles which maybe a record? Several companys{chesapeake,OGE,Devon}have already donated in the millions and kevin durant donated a million. This seems to have brought out the best in people and the worst{already reports of looting and people driving by just to take a pic of the area or to gawk}.
    Yeah as far as I know the 1925 storm is still the record. The closest analog to that storm is this guy:
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/bmx/?n=event_04272011tuscbirm

I had the pleasure of seeing this tornado in person. This picture was taken from a rooftop (7 stories off the ground) about 1.5 mile away from the tornado.

Last edited by A.J. MASSEY; May 23rd, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY View Post
    Yeah as far as I know the 1925 storm is still the record. The closest analog to that storm is this guy:
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/bmx/?n=event_04272011tuscbirm
    Those were some amazing pics especially the train bridge and railroad cars that were strewn about. Whats strange is that this recent tornado took the almost exact path as the may 3rd 99 F5er. Whats really amazing is that the causualty count wasnt much higher given the populated areas they affected.

could you hear anything or no?

I know the law, friend.
    ALS- I don't know how strong that tornado was. I don't remember them making that big of a deal out of it though, so I'm guessing it wasn't an F4 or F5. Might not have even been an F3. I can't find anything on it.

Heisenberg- I see what you did there, you kinda twistered the whole thread.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

EVH diehard ...
    Somebody cue up "Respect the Wind" It seems appropriate ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    -clipped out huge montage of something about VH in '81 Greensboro and Wolfie picking a setlist.
    I think you're in the wrong thread, man.
    Ready, Eddie!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread, man.
    He was just having fun ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."