Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Eddie's regard for the entire catalog ?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    EVH diehard ...

Eddie's regard for the entire catalog ?

I got the idea for this thread a while back , but it was solidified today .
    While browsing over at the Links , i came across a thread about VH sound checks .

A poster there had witnessed a 2012 warm up session . Apparently , a few bars of "Don't Tell Me" were played !!!
    I was floored to read that

Does anyone think that Eddie is still proud of some of the music after 1984 ? I believe he is , it's just not suited to the band context "right now"

On the flip side ... During his guitar solo showcase on the Balance tour , Ed would often play the main chords from "Mean Street" . The crowd loved it !
    I also think that's why they did so many Dave tunes on the 1998 jaunt w/Gary .

No matter who the singer is/was at any given time , i think Eddie is proud of ALL the music he's created and been a part of .

** Before the usual haters surface , i prefer the Roth years . Both CVH and VH Mach IV **
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Like Mike
    He said in a "recent" interview that "there's some great music in [the Sammy catalogue]"

EVH diehard ...
    I do recall hearing about that .
    Very interesting ...

I wonder which tunes he may have been talking about ?
    Eddie has also said in the past that his songs are like his children . He loves them all , and can't pick a favorite .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    I'm sensing some boredom on your part ... LOL

We all know that you're a CVH nut . Bravo , and rightfully so .
    Count me in too !!!

The point i was trying to make , is that Eddie is proud of all of his music . I'm not starting a Dave/Sam/Gary debate .
    During the Hagar years , Eddie took a lot of flak for seeming to snub the 6 pack material . I'm pointing out that he "teased" the crowds at certain points , by playing some crowd pleasing classic riffs . This was even during the "we hate Roth" phase of their career .

Last year , VH did a sound check version of a Sam era tune . This was unexpected for me to learn , considering the CVH reunion /Sam's book implications etc.

Jack even made a post about an interesting comment that Ed made .
    Eddie likes all of his recorded material regardless of the era . Well , except for those bastards stealing his idea for a new song , and using it on "Dancing in the Streets" !!! LOL
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Roadie
    Interesting thoughts. I think he likes all the eras and music. But I DON'T think he gives enough importance to the classic years -- as it relates to the live shows/tours. And mainly for his lack of interest to release an official DVD of the DLR era. I could be reading way into it, but still baffled how they cannot find one good show to release in all these years!!?!??!?!? It could be not wanting to release something w MA in the band, or just being lazy. who knows really ;-)

I'm sure he likes it.....he spent the entire Sammy era touting how much more sophisticated and mature that music was.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    I'm sure he likes it.....he spent the entire Sammy era touting how much more sophisticated and mature that music was.
    Yeah, he obviously has strong regard for that stuff. Was that even in question? It's rather unfortunate really, but let's just hope he never plays it again!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, he obviously has strong regard for that stuff. Was that even in question? It's rather unfortunate really, but let's just hope he never plays it again!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Welcome back.

As a songwriter, each song you create is like one of your children. I have no doubts that Eddie loves the post 1984 music equally as much as he loves the Roth and Cherone era's.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock