Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any GuitarRig or AmpliTube users?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Roadie

Any GuitarRig or AmpliTube users?

Ive got GR5 and Amplitube Custom Shop Free and been alternating between these the past few weeks, although GR5 has gotten way more play. So i was wondering in anyone here uses any of these to get some VH tones going. Ive tried creating my own presets in GR5 and here are my thoughts:

Best results Ive gotten so far have been with the non-Marshall amps. GR5 comes with 4 plexi models: The "Cool" model is mostly a clean amp, the "Hot" is a slightly modded regular plexi, the regular Plexi and the Jump which is the EVH type modded model. If you crank the Jump model it gets close but its not quite there, perhaps it requires a ceramic pup to push it because my 9k A2 and 11k A5 pups arent getting that attack you hear on early VH stuff. They sound great dont get me wrong, but they may require adding a strompbox or some other gear to achieve a CVH tone.

The amps ive come around to the most for VH tones are the Soldano SLO and the 5150II models, each of these have the extra girth found in early VH so its easier to tame and get a CVH. The cool thing about all GR5 amps is that each amp has a variac knob. So like i said its easier to scale back on these as opposed to adding to the others and risk having them sound more processed. The key is not using them in the lead channel, or if you do then just turn the gain down until having the right mix of sustain, bite and crunch. There's also a JCM800 model but have not experimented with it much, even though it has even more gain than the Jump amp.

As soon as I have a tone i like ill share it with all of you guys.

I use GR4. I really like the 80's Solo preset for solos!

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

EVH diehard ...
    I've never used either of those applications , but i'm curious to give them a whirl .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Is this a similar type of technology , as those Digitech iStomp pedals ?

I'm also very interested in demoing a Fractal Axe fx II . They seem to be choke full of amazing stuff
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Is this a similar type of technology , as those Digitech iStomp pedals ?

I'm also very interested in demoing a Fractal Axe fx II . They seem to be choke full of amazing stuff
    No. Guitar Rig or Amplititude is used for direct in recording, whereas Digitech iStomp pedals are designed for live performances for lazy guitarists.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

EVH diehard ...
    Lazy guitarists ? LOL

It just seems like a way to import various settings , kind of like the TC Electronics pedals that have the "tone print" option .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."