Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ants invasion
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants invasion

No cheer******s allowed!

Ants invasion

On saturday, i made a sandwich.

Two hours later, i return the kitchen to find the counter, trash, floor, covered with ants!
    I moved the microwave, MORE ANTS!

I was freaked out, i'd never had any sort of ant problem ever, NEVER.

I went to the bathroom, MORE ANTS!

I called the supor, he said, "I'll try and get someone there on Monday."

I cleaned every nook and cranny, then shielded the counters and baseboards with comet.
    It worked for about three hours, then they came through again.

I did not sleep, restfully.

St. Patricks day, ants all over my sink, counter tops.
    I sprayed them with bleach cleaner.

I went to work, came home ten hours later, THEY'RE NOW CRAWLING IN MY LIVING AREA!
    They jumped the barrier, they are under my computer, behind my couch.

I called my supor again, "HELP!"

I spray again, sleep horribly, dreaming of ants.

I wake up the next morning, only a few ants.
    They all but disappeared.

I go to work, my supor calls my cell:
    Dude, i don't see any ants?

He sprays the whole place anyway, says it will last eight months.

As i type, zero ants.
    But i know they are out there, i keep looking over at the kitchen.

I'm terrified.
    I hate bugs, even tiny sugar ants.

If it were roaches, i'd be packed up and gone.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    On saturday, i made a sandwich.

Two hours later, i return the kitchen to find the counter, trash, floor, covered with ants!
    I moved the microwave, MORE ANTS!

I was freaked out, i'd never had any sort of ant problem ever, NEVER.

I went to the bathroom, MORE ANTS!

I called the supor, he said, "I'll try and get someone there on Monday."

I cleaned every nook and cranny, then shielded the counters and baseboards with comet.
    It worked for about three hours, then they came through again.

I did not sleep, restfully.

St. Patricks day, ants all over my sink, counter tops.
    I sprayed them with bleach cleaner.

I went to work, came home ten hours later, THEY'RE NOW CRAWLING IN MY LIVING AREA!
    They jumped the barrier, they are under my computer, behind my couch.

I called my supor again, "HELP!"

I spray again, sleep horribly, dreaming of ants.

I wake up the next morning, only a few ants.
    They all but disappeared.

I go to work, my supor calls my cell:
    Dude, i don't see any ants?

He sprays the whole place anyway, says it will last eight months.

As i type, zero ants.
    But i know they are out there, i keep looking over at the kitchen.

I'm terrified.
    I hate bugs, even tiny sugar ants.

If it were roaches, i'd be packed up and gone.
    Try unplugging the jukebox...
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Love ya moms......
    I had this problem a couple yrs ago around the side of the house/garage. Those little fucks were everywhere. I tried every internet/home remedy I could find to no avail.
    I finally said screw it and got a aerosol can of primer and used it as a flamethrower.
    It was glorious....
    Hundreds of the them fuckers in a line going around the side/back of the house and not one escaped.
    You cant drown them and they are attracted to their own dead so be sure and get them all.
    O and don't get bit lol.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Exception made to my home, ants are all around where I live. Can you find cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) in your town?

Ants hate the smell of that dried flower, man. Good luck!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I had this problem a couple yrs ago around the side of the house/garage. Those little fucks were everywhere. I tried every internet/home remedy I could find to no avail.
    I finally said screw it and got a aerosol can of primer and used it as a flamethrower.
    It was glorious....
    Hundreds of the them fuckers in a line going around the side/back of the house and not one escaped.
    You cant drown them and they are attracted to their own dead so be sure and get them all.
    O and don't get bit lol.
    I saw a few more ants last night, and i thought, "Oh no, not this again."
    None this morning, a few strays later in the afternoon.

It's like, "I have no food here, move on to the next unit, you idiot ants!"
    I cleaned every nook and cranny, all my food is contained.
    On top of it all, i'm sick as a dog with a bad cold that began the morning the ants arrived.

I shouldn't complain, though, because whatever the supor did, it's had a strong effect.

The problem is that at the beginning of the month, this vietnamese family of (what sounds like) 13,
    moved in the unit above me.

I guess they leave open fish around and foods and trash.
    Nothing good can come out of this.

If i start to see roaches, i will personally pay them a visit.
    I'm clean, and i despise other people's uncleanliness affecting my living situation.

Like Mike
    I had ants invading my room last year, and freaked out, too. Instead of waiting for pest control, I wiped them out with a high level repellent, and covered the small slit in the wall that they were coming through. No problems since then.

I also remember once there was a bunch in our kitchen at my old house. I was about to use some ketchup, when my Mum unscrewed the lid instinctively. Inside the bottle, there were hundreds of drowned ants... That put me off using ketchup for a while.

Try putting some boric acid around your baseboards and the back edges of your countertops. You can get it at Walmart in the laundry section....it's not poisonous to humans, it's just a white powder. But if they cross the line of it, it gets on their exoskeletons and makes them crack open somehow, thus killing the ant. It takes a bit of time though, so they carry in on their bodies back to the nest and get it all over all the other ants, so they bite it too.

I loathe those little sugar ants, they're disgusting. And cockroaches? Ugh....they make my skin crawl. Keeping my fingers crossed, I've lived in my apartment for almost 8 months now and not a bug have I seen. Well except the HUGE cicada that got in through the kitchen window last summer and buzzed around the kitchen, loudly slamming into the cabinets and the light fixture. Finally found it, sort of stunned, hours later behind my dish drainer...it was a beautiful irridescent green....I gathered it up gently in a paper towel and took it out on the balcony and shook it free. It did not come back, so I'm assuming it learnt its lesson....hahaha!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    Try putting some boric acid around your baseboards and the back edges of your countertops. You can get it at Walmart in the laundry section....it's not poisonous to humans, it's just a white powder. But if they cross the line of it, it gets on their exoskeletons and makes them crack open somehow, thus killing the ant. It takes a bit of time though, so they carry in on their bodies back to the nest and get it all over all the other ants, so they bite it too.

I loathe those little sugar ants, they're disgusting. And cockroaches? Ugh....they make my skin crawl. Keeping my fingers crossed, I've lived in my apartment for almost 8 months now and not a bug have I seen. Well except the HUGE cicada that got in through the kitchen window last summer and buzzed around the kitchen, loudly slamming into the cabinets and the light fixture. Finally found it, sort of stunned, hours later behind my dish drainer...it was a beautiful irridescent green....I gathered it up gently in a paper towel and took it out on the balcony and shook it free. It did not come back, so I'm assuming it learnt its lesson....hahaha!
    I went looking for boric acid, but couldn't find it anywhere!

My apartment is the first unit, directly above the basement.
    There are wood floors here, with cracks they could get through, cracks along the walls, the counters...
    Cracks behind the stove...

I wouldn't know where to begin to seal things up.

This place needs to be gutted and re-done.
    I told my landlord that i will gladly take the apartment across from me, once someone moves out.
    That place is completely re-done, and i will pay the higher rent.

I'm afraid to move out because of a potential worse situation.
    I've heard about bedbugs, and i've experienced massive cockroaches, back when i lived in Boston.

Living in a larger building with many tenants, you are at the mercy of random people.
    Some people live like slobs, which brings this stuff in.

EVH diehard ...
    That boric acid trick sounds like a good solution !
    I'll have to remember that .

I'll trade an ant problem for the mice that seem to have moved into my building !
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    It was glorious....
    O and don't get bit lol.
    I've drowned plenty of ants. With boiling water.

Almost thought of using gas but I'm sure I'd get into trouble...