Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Snowbound
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowbound

No cheer******s allowed!

Snowbound

About to get pummeled with a MASSIVE blizzard, beginning tomorrow, straight through Saturday night.
    Work was cancelled for tomorrow (that never happens).

After work tonight, i hit the supermarket at 11 pm at night, freaking lines bigger than i've ever seen.
    People really irritate me, as everything will be fine by Sunday (with everything plowed).
    I hate how people act like sheep, and respond like they will be snowed in for two weeks.
    It never happens.

But they are saying this blizzard will be one of the all time worst on record (another blizzard of '78?)

More chaos from mother nature, it seems.
    Hurricane Sandy happened in the Fall, now a massive Blizzard.
    This planet hates us.

Git some!
    Have fun in the snow!
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    Have fun in the snow!
    Luckily, i had food stocked before i knew this was coming.
    No way i was waiting in those lines!

As long as i don't lose power, i'm happy to be indoors.
    I have all these DVD's, books, etc. i haven't had time to catch up on.

I know the law, friend.

Moving to Texas from Pennsylvania, I don't miss cold weather or shoveling snow one bit.............but I do miss snow days!! There's just no getting a day off due to weather down here unless a tornado rips through your neighborhood. Have fun!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Roadie
    I am located West of Boston and we are slated to get crushed as well. I am in a higher elevation so that usually means an additional 6-8" of snow. We could end up with +30" when all said and done. I am kind of excited about it just as long as the power stays on. I plan on playing a lot of guitar this weekend and catching up with my DVR. I also stopped at the packie and have plenty of beers in the fridge {UG will know what a packie is}

Be safe everyone and Stay Frosty!

I was scheduled to pickup a trailer in West Boylston but we have rescheduled that.

Guess who's college didn't cancel class tonight.....

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    About to get pummeled with a MASSIVE blizzard, beginning tomorrow, straight through Saturday night.
    Work was cancelled for tomorrow (that never happens).

After work tonight, i hit the supermarket at 11 pm at night, freaking lines bigger than i've ever seen.
    People really irritate me, as everything will be fine by Sunday (with everything plowed).
    I hate how people act like sheep, and respond like they will be snowed in for two weeks.
    It never happens.

But they are saying this blizzard will be one of the all time worst on record (another blizzard of '78?)

More chaos from mother nature, it seems.
    Hurricane Sandy happened in the Fall, now a massive Blizzard.
    This planet hates us.

Consider yourself somewhat lucky.
    Weve been under a drought for the better part of 2 years with heat in the summer that is insane.
    Im convinced the weather gods hate us as well.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, excessive heat is worse i think.
    I don't do well in hot weather, but i can easily adapt to cold (though the intense arctic chill we got
    from Canada, three weeks ago, was brutally cold).

The storm is already underway, and it looks like it's gonna be a monster.
    Big ass flakes, falling furiously, only to intensify from the late evening through the overnight.

Being the dick that i am, i made the poor delivery guy come out here, with my food.
    At least i'm a decent tipper, though.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    I am located West of Boston and we are slated to get crushed as well. I am in a higher elevation so that usually means an additional 6-8" of snow. We could end up with +30" when all said and done. I am kind of excited about it just as long as the power stays on. I plan on playing a lot of guitar this weekend and catching up with my DVR. I also stopped at the packie and have plenty of beers in the fridge {UG will know what a packie is}

Be safe everyone and Stay Frosty!
    Haha, "packie" is a term you learn quickly, growing up in New England.
    It's like "Dunkin' Donuts."

Stay off the roads, man.
    The Governor just said, "No cars on the road after 4 pm, or else!"

Let the plows rule the streets and highways, as they should.