Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Great Old Picture Gallery from Roth's Site - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    WACF had a fold out poster in it, of Dave in a pair of black leather pants, shirtless, on his knees in front of chain link fence...here, I found it:

Dear g-d what that did to my innocent teenage heart.....*wink*
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the poster.

My Dad's version doesn't have the poster. I have no use for it anyway haha.

WACF had a fold out poster in it, of Dave in a pair of black leather pants, shirtless, on his knees in front of chain link fence...here, I found it:

Dear g-d what that did to my innocent teenage heart.....*wink*
    This is why I was always glad I got the `80's release of the CD that didn't have that, like I was glad I got the `80's version of Sticky Fingers that didn't include further pictures of the guy's schlong.

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the poster.

My Dad's version doesn't have the poster. I have no use for it anyway haha.
    I did.....
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    This is why I was always glad I got the `80's release of the CD that didn't have that, like I was glad I got the `80's version of Sticky Fingers that didn't include further pictures of the guy's schlong.
    I am not a huge Stones fan, so I guess I missed that. Really? On an album cover? (I'm assuming it was on the cover since you said "further pictures")
    i will be the flame.....

No cheer******s allowed!
    Years later, it's interesting to see how a macho/hard rock/lock up your daughters, type band like VH, would
    choose a submissive shot of DLR.

Usually, you would see a the leather clad Blonde, Bound to the fence, which, i guess, appealed to
    the heavy metal dorks.

But here you have the male singer, helpless, bound...

It had to have been an inside joke, with the band.

Yours truly, As Is
    Always loved the inner sleeve of DD with the dozens of pics of the band cuttin it up and the VHII pic of Al with the flaming drumsticks.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Years later, it's interesting to see how a macho/hard rock/lock up your daughters, type band like VH, would
    choose a submissive shot of DLR.

Usually, you would see a the leather clad Blonde, Bound to the fence, which, i guess, appealed to
    the heavy metal dorks.

But here you have the male singer, helpless, bound...

It had to have been an inside joke, with the band.
    An inside joke, perhaps. But hey, maybe it was a nod to the female fans....we *have* existed since the beginning too, you know. You "guys" don't own them....

That's the thing--I've never seen VH as the one sided total testosterone machine some people picture a hard rock band being...they've always had an intelligence and sense of humor, about life & themselves. That's always been part of their appeal for me: they were at home with the ballsy masculine side, the dork side, the ladies, the trained musicians---they appealed to, hung out with and were loved by (heck, still are) ALL of them.
    i will be the flame.....

No cheer******s allowed!
    An inside joke, perhaps. But hey, maybe it was a nod to the female fans....we *have* existed since the beginning too, you know. You "guys" don't own them....

That's the thing--I've never seen VH as the one sided total testosterone machine some people picture a hard rock band being...they've always had an intelligence and sense of humor, about life & themselves. That's always been part of their appeal for me: they were at home with the ballsy masculine side, the dork side, the ladies, the trained musicians---they appealed to, hung out with and were loved by (heck, still are) ALL of them.
    No, i agree completely.

But their fanbase, at that time, was pretty much the metal loving, acne afflicted teen.
    Can you imagine some 14 year old, with a Farrah Fawcett poster on his bedroom wall, unwrapping his new
    copy of WACF:

"What the hell is this???"

I am not a huge Stones fan, so I guess I missed that. Really? On an album cover? (I'm assuming it was on the cover since you said "further pictures")
    Sure, Sticky Fingers. It's a legendary album. The LP had a working zipper, as well. The term usually means somebody with kleptomania, I think, but with the guy's wiener bulging through his pants (photo by Andy Warhol), I think it means something else here.

When this album got remastered by Virgin I thought about checking it out, but they also included more of the original artwork, including a second photo of the guy in his jockey shorts with his woodrow showing. I decided to stick with my `80's Columbia copy.

EVH diehard ...
    Some great pics on that site !
    A few i haven't seen for a while .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."