Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Great Old Picture Gallery from Roth's Site - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Post of the Day!!!
    I try, I try...

No cheer******s allowed!
    VHII and WACF, both had the coolest shots.

Both of those records are my favorites, though i like 'em all (even the "Dud filled Diver Down ).
    But those records, and those album shots, just connect so well with what classic VH was (is?)

Then they tried to get a bit more artsy, i guess, with paintings and strange 1984 inner sleeves.

Only a little tardy
    I think VHII and DD have my favorite inner sleeve artwork. Though FW is just frakking cool.

Love ya moms......
    There's no question that the guys had the look and moves to match the sound. Speaking of album sleeve photos, does anyone have any idea what these things are from the 1984 inner sleeve? 29 years later I still don't know.

http://sleevage.com/van-halen-1984/

"peter1984 3 years ago
    Those aren't tops of ash tray bins, those are the chrome cans of the stage show light fixtures from the 1984 tour. They are shown here unmounted and neatly placed in rows.
    http://www.creativestagelighting.com...ar64chrome.jpg

I know the law, friend.
    I would stare at the 8 track of Women and Children First and think "These guys are the coolest guys in the world."

(I'd also think, "Fuck, why can't they compress this more? There's way too much space between the instruments!" )
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Only a little tardy
    I would stare at the 8 track of Women and Children First and think "These guys are the coolest guys in the world."

(I'd also think, "Fuck, why can't they compress this more? There's way too much space between the instruments!" )
    Bahahahahahhh!!

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    http://sleevage.com/van-halen-1984/

"peter1984 3 years ago
    Those aren't tops of ash tray bins, those are the chrome cans of the stage show light fixtures from the 1984 tour. They are shown here unmounted and neatly placed in rows.
    http://www.creativestagelighting.com...ar64chrome.jpg
    FINALLY!!! My search is over! Thanks man.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Like Mike

I think that was the call of the day hahaha.

Roadie
    Ya know, I just realized that the only VH album I've ever owned, or even saw, was 1984. Everything else I have is either 8 track, cassette or cd when it comes to VH. Did they have a lot of artwork or booklets in their other albums like other bands?
    Don't forget WACF had the nice foldout b&w poster of Dave chained to a fence!

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    WACF doesn't, Fair Warning has a cool photo of a wall with the Dave rant from "Mean Street" written on the wall, with the wings logo spray-painted on next to it..........
    WACF had a fold out poster in it, of Dave in a pair of black leather pants, shirtless, on his knees in front of chain link fence...here, I found it:

Dear g-d what that did to my innocent teenage heart.....*wink*
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....