Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Another Kind of Year... - Page 9
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    Haha....I love the way you call him "Sensei"......

For me, this album is great, way better than anything from the Hagar years. I can't compare it to the 6pk, really, because that was a different time for them (and for me), a different mindset. Guess it's a fitting thing they called it A Different Kind of Truth, huh? *grin* To me it's as if the period they were with Hagar they were somewhere else, and ADKOT is just picking up where they left off. Time continued to pass, and they got older, had more life experiences, and so we got an album that was them, but different. I don't think there is a "better than" or "worse than" in this case....it's just different while still being them. There's only one track I can't get my head around, Chinatown. I just haven't found an atmosphere for it, something to connect to. Meh, I still listen to it, most times I listen to the album.
    Haha, I cant take credit for Sensei. Nick came up with it and I agree that it is an apt title for Reverend Al!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Haha, discussing how Al gets his snare sound in an ADKOT thread is a derailment and therefore verboten to a couple guys, but discussing Metallica and Megadeth records is completely on topic for the same couple guys. Good to see hypocrisy alive and well. Carry on...
    I laughed when i read this !
    Thanks , JD .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

I know the law, friend.
    Haha, discussing how Al gets his snare sound in an ADKOT thread is a derailment and therefore verboten to a couple guys, but discussing Metallica and Megadeth records is completely on topic for the same couple guys. Good to see hypocrisy alive and well. Carry on...
    You noticed that, too?
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

EVH diehard ...
    Nice to see Ravenna back on here ! Hope you'll stick around more , your posts are a treat to read .
    Funny that you don't have a love for 'Chinatown' though , it's one of Eddie's more ripping tracks from the new album .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Haha, the big difference is I dont think any of us are bothered in the least about them discussing Metallica and Megadeth, while it was definitely a bother to them for some to be discussing Al's snare! When threads go off the rails I think it most often leads into other interesting topics that are fun to read...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Haha, the big difference is I dont think any of us are bothered in the least about them discussing Metallica and Megadeth, while it was definitely a bother to them for some to be discussing Al's snare! When threads go off the rails I think it most often leads into other interesting topics that are fun to read...
    Amen !
    Most threads go off on other tangents but sometimes a few neat twists come from it .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Only a little tardy
    Reason I love "Chinatown" is the gritty lyrics, very Meanstreet in a way with how low a neighborhood can turn out to be. With headless bodies, and scum being a common type of people you might run into.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Reason I love "Chinatown" is the gritty lyrics, very Meanstreet in a way with how low a neighborhood can turn out to be. With headless bodies, and scum being a common type of people you might run into.
    I love the whole song . Even on my first listen it grabbed me right away .

The Meanstreet connection is interesting . They both have an insane EVH intro and one could even say that CT is the updated MS , similar to Stay Frosty being hailed as Ice Cream Man pt 2 .
    LOL
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Yeah.....I try to avoid that section of town, whenever I'm out and about. I have an allergy to headless bodies....
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Like Mike
    The difference is that drum heads and tape are a boring topic.