Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What does 2013 have in store for you ?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EVH diehard ...

What does 2013 have in store for you ?

A New Year is almost upon us . 2013 , baby !!!

What are your plans/hopes/resolutions/expectations ? Are there any milestones to be accomplished , or is it just another 'grin and bear it' type of year ?

I want to quit smoking . For real this time ...
    Saving more money would be a good idea for the future .
    Practicing my guitar more to get my chops back in shape .
    Spending more time with family and friends , as opposed to 'internet addiction' !! LOL LOL
    Renovations at my gf's house and yard , not to mention my family's cottage .
    Take better care of my health as well .

What about you guys and gals ??
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

hopefully more guitars.

continued growth in the employment, education, and maturity sectors of my life.

I really need to work on having more of a social life. I have plenty of friends, I just need to go out and actually do stuff with them. Can't be introverted all the time!
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

No cheer******s allowed!
    I really want to play guitar again, i miss it.

I also want to do some night courses, while i'm still not completely ancient.
    I want to be prepared for the inevitable.

I'm also over this girl i had spent so much emotional time on.
    My eyes are finally open.
    I wanna meet someone fresh & less jaded.

Yours truly, As Is
    I want to play my drums more again and maybe even jam with a guitarist or bassist with the same influences, I havent played with anybody in 3 years. Purchase some used or build my own Octobans...

I decided to end my competitive playing days in basketball this year but I want to get back to playing at the weekly open gym at one of the local elementary schools with the rest of the has-beens.

Start saving more money...

Paint my house this summer.

Hopefully see VH a couple more times this next year...

Spend more time with family...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Good luck with quitting your smoking, Robbie. Just be persistent. You might not quit the seventh time trying, but hell, the eighth time might be the one. Don't give into peer pressure, either.

As for me, I'd like to be successful with my overseas ventures.

When I'm back home for the break, I just want to make the most of it. Spend time with family and friends, etc.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I really want to play guitar again, i miss it.

I also want to do some night courses, while i'm still not completely ancient.
    I want to be prepared for the inevitable.

I'm also over this girl i had spent so much emotional time on.
    My eyes are finally open.
    I wanna meet someone fresh & less jaded.
    You better actually do those courses...

I'm going to be on your case about it all year. Time to use that gift of writing.

Band Manager

Cool

I want to go on a holiday, as I haven't ever ventured outside the west coast. Last time on vacation was about 6 years ago.

But where I want to go is a little different than usual. I want to see polar bears.

In Manitoba, Canada, there is a small town called Churchhill, ( an 90 minute flight from Winnepeg ), where they have " Tundra Buggy Adventure Tours ", and you can actually see the great magnificent bears fairly close up.

You can also see the northern lights in the sky.

It would be cold, but very interesting and different for me. I've lost my desire for hot weather and gambling towns, so this is what I am looking forward too right now. There are a few different one week packages I've been looking into, the prices are not too outrageous, but the season is short. It should be safe, from what I gather. I'm really hoping to make this happen.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post

I decided to end my competitive playing days in basketball this year but I want to get back to playing at the weekly open gym at one of the local elementary schools with the rest of the has-beens.
    Quitting is easier said than done!

For the past two years, I kept vowing to quit playing in the equivalent of rec leagues, because it was too much of an injury risk from idiots man handling me with no calls... But I'd always come crawling back.

Good to know you still have the love for the game!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Quitting is easier said than done!

For the past two years, I kept vowing to quit playing in the equivalent of rec leagues, because it was too much of an injury risk from idiots man handling me with no calls... But I'd always come crawling back.

Good to know you still have the love for the game!
    Ha, yeah I'm beginning to wonder if I have any cartilage left in my right knee! I began noticing a few months ago that if I squat down for even just a couple seconds, it is very painful just to stand straight up again. Same if I sit with my knee bent for too long without straightening it. I figured I better retire from playing in the men's league at one of the local community colleges before I blew my knee out. That, and it was getting tougher playing with 18-25 year olds! My days of 25-30 points a game are over, and that is the hardest part to accept!

But, I still wanna just play a little for fun and shoot around enough to keep my 3 pt shot sharp.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    You better actually do those courses...

I'm going to be on your case about it all year. Time to use that gift of writing.
    I'd love to write, but as i get older, i feel like i might need a more practical skill.
    Ideally it would involve that, but the question i gotta ask myself is, "Where are the jobs going to be?"