Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New to the setlist for 2013 - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAZI View Post
    Always thought ''Aint talkin bout love'' was a great closer... Wish they would leave out ''Jump'', ''You really got me''

What about ''somebody get me a doctor''? and finish it out with ''Happy Trails''.
    ATBL is perfect right after Ed's solo...let's him rip into that iconic riff while thanking the crowd...then how bout an LOC/Outta Space/SGMAD blazing trifecta to burn the house down...and finish it off with Happy Trails!

I know I'd go home fired up and happy!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    I'd definitely love to see them axe YRGM, PW, I'll Wait, Tattoo, Beautiful Girls, and replace em with more ADKOT tunes and a couple more classic deep cuts.

And swap ICM out for Stay Frosty.

And keep Romeo Delight in every night instead of trading it off with the inferior Full Bug. RD is always a highlight, especially since Dave sings the lyrics mostly correct now and Ed/Al do the original breakdown after the solo. Awesome!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Band Manager
    Traditionally,most of the time bands close the show with their biggest hits but, Jump? While their big hit with Dave,it is in no way a closing song.Somebody needs to ask them about this.
    Yikes! Glad I didn't see the '04 tour....When it's Love? That almost sounds like a joke.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Traditionally,most of the time bands close the show with their biggest hits but, Jump? While their big hit with Dave,it is in no way a closing song.Somebody needs to ask them about this.
    Yikes! Glad I didn't see the '04 tour....When it's Love? That almost sounds like a joke.
    I'm serious...they actually fucking closed that tour with When It's Love! By far the biggest letdown in my VH concert going history. Go onto the Links and search back and you'll find nitwit Spam lovers who actually thought that was a great way to end a VH gig!??!

And it was on the Balance tour that they opened quite a few shows with Right Now! WTF? Instead of hitting the stage running with Unchained, it was more like hitting the stage with a walker...

Band Manager

Cool

I tell you, I always thought it'd be cool if they started out with Eruption, just exactly like the album, then rip into Aint Talkin' Bout Love, and just blow the roof off the sucker right off the bat.

Also, if they changed the opening tune every night, that would provide a surprise to look forward too. In a way, the only bad thing about the internet, is not being surprised by the setlist, as we usually already know what to expect.

Permanent vacation
    I'd like to see a tip of the hat to Roth's EEAS album, myself. I'm not thinking a cover of a song, as neither Dave, nor Ed, nor Alex, nor Wolfgang could match the performance on that one. But if Eddie would throw in a recognizable riff or a few licks from the Vai material, I think that'd be great. Would really show that the guys in VH have moved on and buried the hatchet.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    I'd like to see a tip of the hat to Roth's EEAS album, myself. I'm not thinking a cover of a song, as neither Dave, nor Ed, nor Alex, nor Wolfgang could match the performance on that one. But if Eddie would throw in a recognizable riff or a few licks from the Vai material, I think that'd be great. Would really show that the guys in VH have moved on and buried the hatchet.
    WHAT??? WHY??!!!!

What would be the point of Edward apeing Steve Vai licks, from a David Lee Roth solo album?
    It would be the dumbest show on earth.

Lately, i've been falling in love with those two Roth led tracks from the first best of record.
    "Can't get this stuff no more" is actually a really rippin' tune.
    And i love the production on those tracks!
    It's a different, yet potent sound.

They shoulda made a damn record, at that time.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    WHAT??? WHY??!!!!

What would be the point of Edward apeing Steve Vai licks, from a David Lee Roth solo album?

Lately, i've been falling in love with those two Roth led tracks from the first best of record.
    "Can't get this stuff no more" is actually a really rippin' tune.
    And i love the production on those tracks!
    It's a different, yet potent sound.

They shoulda made a damn record, at that time.
    I still say the production of "Me Wise Magic" and "CGTSNM" was the best of VH's career. Just a massive sound by producer Glen Ballard. A whole record at that time with Ballard producing would have been amazing.

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    WHAT??? WHY??!!!!
    "Dumbest show on earth"? This, coming from a guy who saw Van Hagar in concert, back in the day...? I rest my point. But I'll correct myself and say they should play a full DLR solo tune, not just reference it.

Doubt that Ed would be "aping" Steve Vai's licks at this point either. Were it 25 or 30 years ago, definitely, he'd have outdone Vai at his own game if he wanted. But not at this point.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Never gonna happen......more chance of them adding some slop like good enough, besides the EVH i saw in 08/12 couldnt play some of the stuff on EEAS nowadays.