Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
This site is under attack!! Enough with the bots already!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I know the law, friend.

This site is under attack!! Enough with the bots already!

I've never been on a message board so under seige! Is there nothing we can do to stop this invasion? There's like a milllion and one bots and spammers on this site. Time to start the extermination..............
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    I'm telling ya...never seen anything like this before.Their all over the place! I feel like Bill Paxton in Aliens...Game over man,game over!

Just came on, saw two, deleted and banned them, now here's another! Brb...

CORRECTION: Now THREE more!

EDIT AGAIN: Two turned into seven really fast.

Seriously, this is really annoying. We need some sort of security question before you join, if that is even possible.

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Seriously, this is really annoying. We need some sort of security question before you join, if that is even possible.
    And then somehow screened by the Mods?
    Ready, Eddie!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I'm telling ya...never seen anything like this before.Their all over the place! I feel like Bill Paxton in Aliens...Game over man,game over!
    The Queen's bad ass man, it's like this big!

Only a little tardy
    Shit. One's in French...
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

yeah I just banned a lot. cleaned up all the threads currently, and banned all users logged on that seemed like spammers. and the newest user too. Sorry for being big brother. we really need to set it up so that mods have to approve each new user.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    yeah I just banned a lot. cleaned up all the threads currently, and banned all users logged on that seemed like spammers. and the newest user too. Sorry for being big brother. we really need to set it up so that mods have to approve each new user.
    Thanks Spanishfly and ICM! Looks much better now. Seems to me that setting it up to have mods approve each new user is just a matter of clicking a button in a board settings tab, no?
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Thanks Spanishfly and ICM! Looks much better now. Seems to me that setting it up to have mods approve each new user is just a matter of clicking a button in a board settings tab, no?
    You would think so. Awhile back though we were hearing that people were applying and the e-mails were going to Freak and winding up in a spam folder or something like that. It's so involved.

I can ban three or four spammers, then read a thread or two, and already there are two or three more.