Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen Dates Officially Canceled
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I know the law, friend.

Unhappy Van Halen Dates Officially Canceled

Van Halen Dates Officially Canceled

June 30, 2012 / 89 Comments

The 31 Van Halen concert dates that were postponed in May have now been officially cancelled. Various reports suggested that the band was burned out from performing 48 shows over several months of touring.

The band will play Japan in November, and rumors persist of an Australia tour late this year and another US tour next year.

From Pollstar:

When dozens of summer dates were removed from Van Halen’s website in May without an explanation, it wasn’t clear whether the dates would eventually be rescheduled. Now the dates are officially listed as canceled.

All dates after the rock band’s June 26 concert in New Orleans were called off, a total of more than 30 gigs. Although Van Halen hasn’t posted an announcement on its website, if you check out the band’s list of dates on Ticketmaster.com, you’ll find that shows including Uncasville, Conn.; Baltimore; Rochester, N.Y.; Detroit; Toledo, Ohio; Memphis, Tenn.; Sacramento, Calif.; Reno, Nev.; and Milwaukee are now marked in red as canceled. As of post time, not all shows on Ticketmaster are listed as canceled.

Refunds are available at the point of purchase. Tickets purchased online or by phone will be automatically credited to your credit card.

In May, days after the dates were first pulled, David Lee Roth posted a video explaining that despite rumors, the “band is getting along famously.”

Diamond Dave didn’t say whether fans should hold onto their tickets and wait for new dates to be announced. Instead, this is what he had to say about why the tour had been cut short:

“As usual, we bit off way more than we could chew when it came to scheduling. The band is winning but our schedule has been sidelined for unnecessary roughness. If we continue past July 4 and all the way into Australia and Japan then we’re asking for the robot zombie tour.”

USA Today published an interview with Eddie Van Halen and his son Wolfgang earlier in June in which the elder Van Halen used the same idiom as his bandmate.

“We bit off more than we could chew. This record took a lot out of us. And we went on tour earlier than we wanted to so we could play Madison Square Garden (in March, before a renovation), and that threw the schedule out of whack.”

He added that Van Halen planned to play Japan in November “and in the New Year, we’ll possibly do something special, but I can’t talk about it.”

–Sarah Marie Pittman
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Yours truly, As Is
    If this means the band will get back in the studio sooner, than this is a good thing. 50 US dates is a very solid number for guys their ages.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    i read this news earlier . too bad for the cancelled gigs . hope they get made up at a later date .

if this is a chance for the guys to keep working on studio recordings , or sift through 2012 concert footage for a release ? i'm all for it !!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

dirty old man...
    my prediction:

superbowl half-time show!!!

how awesome would that be??? some real rock and roll!!!
    Talent. Hard work. Quality product.
    Ron's Custom Guitars.
    I am a proud owner of one.
    Everything else is just a TOY!!!
    Dave G 5150

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave G 5150 View Post
    my prediction:

you might be right , Dave G !!!

VH at the Superbowl has been rumoured many times in the past , but this year it could happen .
    i'd love to see it .

cheers
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave G 5150 View Post
    my prediction:

Unlike every other halftime show, THIS would be worth watching! The interesting thing would be which songs to play.

My guess would be Jump, Panama, ATBL, YRGM, and Unchained. I would prefer EWS, As Is, RD, LUTS, and Unchained though.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Unlike every other halftime show, THIS would be worth watching! The interesting thing would be which songs to play.

My guess would be Jump, Panama, ATBL, YRGM, and Unchained. I would prefer EWS, As Is, RD, LUTS, and Unchained though.
    i think Tattoo would be a given , due to the radio airplay it's gotten from the new album . i love your choice for As Is !!! that tune still boggles me in a good way .

i think it would mostly be a medley of popular older songs though , it is a very commercial time slot .

and yes , that WOULD be a 1/2 time show worth tuning in for
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    i think Tattoo would be a given , due to the radio airplay it's gotten from the new album . i love your choice for As Is !!! that tune still boggles me in a good way .

i think it would mostly be a medley of popular older songs though , it is a very commercial time slot .

and yes , that WOULD be a 1/2 time show worth tuning in for
    Man, Seattle radio and the surrounding area sucks balls. I only heard Tattoo a few times the first couple of weeks after release and I NEVER have heard anything else off ADKOT! Granted, I only listen to radio in the truck, but still.

EVH diehard ...
    well , modern rock radio generally isn't what it used to be eh ??

having said that , the station in my city is 94.9 Hits FM . a pretty good mix of rock from 70's - present .
    lots of VH . mainly Roth , the odd Sammy tune . plenty of Ozzy and Motley . tons of Led Zep and a fair bit of Triumph/Deep Purple and the like .

i hear Tattoo every day at work . they are currently playing She;s the Women a couple times a day (that i hear at work) .

of course we also have to hear the Three Days Grace / Nickleback / Theory of a Deadman stuff too . and LOTS of Foo Fighters .... yuck
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

I HATE al radio stations