Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Rumors that van halen ‘hate each other’ emerge in wake of tour postponement
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Mike

Rumors that van halen ‘hate each other’ emerge in wake of tour postponement

Taken from Ultimate Classic Rock, to be taken with a grain of salt.

-------------------------------------

With no official word from the Van Halen camp about the reasons behind yesterday’s sudden postponement of over 30 dates on their summer 2012 tour schedule, speculation has set in, some of it focused on the reportedly testy relationship between David Lee Roth and his bandmates.

Rolling Stone quotes a tour insider as saying that the band members “hate each other,” with another stating that, “The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting.” After ruling the rock world together for much of the late-’70s and early-’80s, the original members of Van Halen famously spent much of the last three decades apart, trading occasional barbs via the press (and dueling album titles) before reuniting sans bassist Michael Anthony for a highly successful tour in 2007.

The band has been on the road since February in support of their first album with Roth in 28 years, ‘A Different Kind of Truth.’ Just last week they added several new dates to their summer tour plans, making the news from yesterday all the more puzzling. (Our current favorite theory involves “a terrible case of hiccups.“)

In one of his few recent interviews in support of the new album and tour, Roth spoke highly of his bandmate, guitar wizard Eddie Van Halen, telling the Los Angeles Times, “There’s an old Russian saying: ‘There’s no more lines in that guy’s stomach.’ It means somebody got fat and slow. There are still a lot of lines in Eddie’s stomach.”

Van Halen returned the favor last month in Esquire, declaring of Roth, “We never really hated each other. I think the press blew that out of proportion… if we argued — you know, now it’s always about, about the structure of a song. It’s never personal. We’ve never on a personal level not gotten along.”

-------------------------

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-h...ghting-rumors/

No cheer******s allowed!
    I don't think there's any bad blood.

I believe it's either medically related, or most likely, offers to tour some big dates over-seas.

I know the law, friend.
    A Mod should merge this with the other thread, so we can keep it all together.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

I think the bad blood story is too easy of a story.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

TPS Reports
    I hope Ed's arthritis hasn't flared up again.
    Go RAMS!

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    Van Halen
    We're Just Burned Out

Exclusive
    0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
    Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZI View Post
    5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    Van Halen
    We're Just Burned Out

Exclusive
    0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
    Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."
    Thanks, GRAZI. I just saw that on TMZ, too. Relieved.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAZI View Post
    Van Halen went Green.........who knew??
    -David Lee Roth-

Webmaster
    I was just contacted by TMZ...they are writing another story and will be quoting this site. I believe TMZ's source in that they are burned out. If you've seen the concerts it is obvious they are getting along.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    I was just contacted by TMZ...they are writing another story and will be quoting this site. I believe TMZ's source in that they are burned out. If you've seen the concerts it is obvious they are getting along.
    $100 bucks says one of UG's raps makes it on TMZ! Along with pictures of Belinda Carlisle.
    -David Lee Roth-