Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Roadie
    ok got the body painted white and all taped up front and back (you guys can check the back out when I am done.... I added the "UBAB TWO" that Ed has on his from the Eddie Van Halen book pics of the back) and just sprayed her black. Pulling tape off today and tonight I'll post more pics when she is all cleaned up and ready to show. I have some fine tuning (small little cuts) on the small black arrows etc once the tape is pulled.

here she is taped up. Took me about 4 hours to tape. Tough one for sure.

Rob

53_zps0ef3afd9.jpg

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhrob View Post
    ok got the body painted white and all taped up front and back (you guys can check the back out when I am done.... I added the "UBAB TWO" that Ed has on his from the Eddie Van Halen book pics of the back) and just sprayed her black. Pulling tape off today and tonight I'll post more pics when she is all cleaned up and ready to show. I have some fine tuning (small little cuts) on the small black arrows etc once the tape is pulled.

here she is taped up. Took me about 4 hours to tape. Tough one for sure.

Rob

53_zps0ef3afd9.jpg
    Looks amazing so far !!!
    A true masterpiece in progress . Keep us posted .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Roadie
    ok here is the body all painted. Gonna let it cure and sit for a couple days before clear coat. Have to wait for the hardware and neck to arrive anyways. Came out better than I thought. The back was a bit of pictures from the new EVH book (ala UBAB TWO) and some improvisation. Overall I am very happy with it. Stay tuned....

Rob

22_zps4d70627c.jpg

23_zps1d5e9dd4.jpg

Doug from Oz
    ok here is the body all painted. Gonna let it cure and sit for a couple days before clear coat. Have to wait for the hardware and neck to arrive anyways. Came out better than I thought. The back was a bit of pictures from the new EVH book (ala UBAB TWO) and some improvisation. Overall I am very happy with it. Stay tuned....

Rob

22_zps4d70627c.jpg

23_zps1d5e9dd4.jpg
    You know how God kills a kitten every time you masturbate? I get a boner every time this guitar is made.

No cheer******s allowed!
    It looks very cool, Rob!

I'd have no patience with all the intricate tapeing and whatnot.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsteele View Post
    You know how God kills a kitten every time you masturbate? I get a boner every time this guitar is made.
    ha ha.... thats once way to look at it I guess... speaking of boners, I have been meaning to do a replica of this one for litterally 15 years and never bothered and then when I saw your Star guitar last year Doug I had one ever since.... I love this guitar and cant believe its taken me all this time to do one.

Rob

No cheer******s allowed!
    When i was a little kid in 1980, i distinctly remembering buying 16 magazine, because it had a photo
    gallery of Van Halen on the Invasion tour.

I just remember all the Ed shots featured him with the Star guitar, at that time, a guitar i'd never seen before.

I wish i still had that issue, even though it was freakin' 16 Magazine.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    When i was a little kid in 1980, i distinctly remembering buying 16 magazine, because it had a photo
    gallery of Van Halen on the Invasion tour.

I just remember all the Ed shots featured him with the Star guitar, at that time, a guitar i'd never seen before.

I wish i still had that issue, even though it was freakin' 16 Magazine.
    Yeah, I had that issue too, he had on the white jumpsuit. I also remember a full-page color pic, where he had the Star, and white jumpsuit, and was standing on one leg. 16mag had some great pics, but was embarrassing to buy, or peruse.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Yeah, I had that issue too, he had on the white jumpsuit. I also remember a full-page color pic, where he had the Star, and white jumpsuit, and was standing on one leg. 16mag had some great pics, but was embarrassing to buy, or peruse.
    THAT WAS IT!

You just described it, and now i remember every detail.
    The "standing on one leg/white jumpsuit" full color pic, that was the money shot!

Remember 16 magazine had that female, Lou Oneil JR. looking editor?
    She had the glasses, and always put in pics of herself reading mail, or hanging with Sean Cassidy.

I read 16 a lot, but i was still a little kid, and they'd throw you a bone with AC/DC or VH, once in a while.

Central Scrutinizer

Rob

22_zps4d70627c.jpg

23_zps1d5e9dd4.jpg
    Amazing, Rob! Great job!
    WGAF?!!