Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
18 New North American Concerts Announced
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

18 New North American Concerts Announced

VAN HALEN has added 18 concerts to its highly successful 2012 North American tour. The newly added dates begin July 7 with an encore performance at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Second shows have also been added in the Detroit and New York/New Jersey areas, as well as Philadelphia. Ky-mani Marley is the opening act for all added concerts. The full itinerary can be found below.

Tickets for the newly announced shows go on sale beginning April 20 at 10 a.m. at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Tickets for all other shows are available now.

VAN HALEN's 2012 North American tour, produced by Live Nation, has confirmed a total of 61 stops throughout North America thus far with additional dates to be announced.

VIP packages will also be available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, exclusive merchandise and more.

For more information, visit www.VIPNation.com.

Newly added VAN HALEN tour dates:

Jul. 07 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
    Jul. 09 - Hampton, VA - Hampton Coliseum
    Jul. 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    Jul. 13 - E. Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center
    Jul. 15 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena
    Jul. 17 - Rochester, NY - Blue Cross Arena
    Jul. 19 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
    Jul. 21 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
    Jul. 24 - Toledo, OH - Huntington Center
    Jul. 26 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
    Jul. 28 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
    Jul. 31 - Fort Wayne, IN - Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
    Aug. 02 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center
    Aug. 04 - Knoxville, TN - Thompson Boling Arena
    Aug. 06 - Memphis, TN - FedExForum
    Aug. 08 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena
    Aug. 10 - Greenville, SC - BI-LO Center
    Aug. 12 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena

Really. Really?

Fuckin' hell guys. Go to Europe already. We've had our fair share of you, now it's their turn. For fuck's sake, I mean...seriously.

(not that it's any of my business to tell you how to run your lives. but seriously...)
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    I know that everybody can understand how difficult it is logistically to do a tour, let alone fly over to Europe w/ an ENTIRE stage set, and book events in such short notice... If they played their cards right, they should have done it while scheduling the U.S. dates, for the summer, approximately 20 or so dates, maybe eve a festival or two. But, what do I know...
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Why the hell are they bringing back this Marley guy, as the opener?

Their choices (Kool & the gang, Marley) make zero sense to me.

Peace...
    Thanks for the update Ryan..... more VH..... sigh!!!

The 18 summer dates, by rights, should have been planned from the beginning for Europe and the UK. That's just my opinion but I'm irritated that my friends over there are getting the short end of the stick...again.

I worked in theater in college, it was my major. We took entire shows on tour. Yeah, logistically its a bear, and there's a lot of planning involved. Nothing impossible for a professional outfit like Van Halen though, particularly since they've been doing it for over 30 years!!!

hrmph....
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

An Eleven Warrior
    Fuck an A! I'm going again now that they are hitting Toledo! In theory I could see them again in Detwat, Toledo, Cleveland, Fort Wayne, C-bus, and Cincy. That would be one cool fuckin' month! I would rather see K&tG, but Marley does a few of his dad's tunes. WTF it is still VH! I'm sorry Iro, and the rest of the planet, but I'm getting my VH on again

Doc

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    The 18 summer dates, by rights, should have been planned from the beginning for Europe and the UK. That's just my opinion but I'm irritated that my friends over there are getting the short end of the stick...again.

I worked in theater in college, it was my major. We took entire shows on tour. Yeah, logistically its a bear, and there's a lot of planning involved. Nothing impossible for a professional outfit like Van Halen though, particularly since they've been doing it for over 30 years!!!

hrmph....
    Very true, Rav.

Much smaller bands make it over to Europe, renting a beat up van.
    VH is a huge, professional, money making machine...no excuses.
    Plus, they could downsize a bit, and just bring the gear & themselves.

Still...
    I could see these guys in New York or Connecticut.

Permanent vacation
    My initial reaction is, "Is this a good idea...?" simply because I worry that Dave's voice might be pretty strained by the time July hits. Unless there's some downtime between the end of the current leg and these new shows, and he can get some rest.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    My initial reaction is, "Is this a good idea...?" simply because I worry that Dave's voice might be pretty strained by the time July hits. Unless there's some downtime between the end of the current leg and these new shows, and he can get some rest.
    Well, Dave's voice has sounded a LOT better in this week's shows after they had the 1st week of April off.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!