Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dance Baby!

Kool addition to Van Halen tour

"...We’re still doing 100 shows a year,” he (Robert “Kool” Bell of Kool & The Gang) said. “Now there’s talk of us going to Europe with Van Halen this summer. And we may record a song together later this year called ‘Harley Davidson.’ ”

Bell says the two bands haven’t hung out beyond watching each other rehearse, but he and Eddie have plenty to talk about when they get the chance.
    “We know about troubles with lead singers,” Bell said, adding a laugh. “J.T. has been in and out of this band many times. -(Eddie) and I both know how to carry on...”

http://news.bostonherald.com/enterta...&position=also
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Big fan of Kool & the Gang here.

Great to know these guys are still there playing great music.

And opening for the Mighty One as well!

Thanks for the link, Punk!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

My first thought, when I heard Kool & the Gang were opening was, "uh....what?" Then I thought about it again, and it does make a warped kind of sense. Just like Robert Bell says in the article, they're both the ultimate party bands of their decades...so, why not? The 70's took me from age 10 up to 18, and I remember really liking some of Kool & the Gang's songs during that time....of course, once I hit 17 and heard the Mighty =VH= for the first time, I kinda forgot about everyone else for awhile....

Trying not to go overboard with my hopes here, but I'm quite jazzed to hear Mr. Bell speak of a Van Halen tour going to Europe this summer...Oh Iro...George Chicken Kiev....Dolgun....and any of our other European buddies....didja hear that?? There's talk of it happening!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys, that would be beyond awesome!!!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    My first thought, when I heard Kool & the Gang were opening was, "uh....what?" Then I thought about it again, and it does make a warped kind of sense. Just like Robert Bell says in the article, they're both the ultimate party bands of their decades...so, why not? The 70's took me from age 10 up to 18, and I remember really liking some of Kool & the Gang's songs during that time....of course, once I hit 17 and heard the Mighty =VH= for the first time, I kinda forgot about everyone else for awhile....

Trying not to go overboard with my hopes here, but I'm quite jazzed to hear Mr. Bell speak of a Van Halen tour going to Europe this summer...Oh Iro...George Chicken Kiev....Dolgun....and any of our other European buddies....didja hear that?? There's talk of it happening!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys, that would be beyond awesome!!!
    Please, keep your other hand with fingers crossed as well so they would tour the world including South America in their way.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Roadie
    Did anyone else catch the line in the interview that mentions a potential Van Halen / Kool and the Gang collaboration - "Harley Davidson"? How cool would that be? The pure rock sound of Van Halen with the stellar horn section of Kool and the Gang?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    Did anyone else catch the line in the interview that mentions a potential Van Halen / Kool and the Gang collaboration - "Harley Davidson"? How cool would that be? The pure rock sound of Van Halen with the stellar horn section of Kool and the Gang?

Is that true?

Humm, sounds pretty interesting to me Sinner!
    ---

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic
    "And we may record a song together later this year called Harley Davidson. 
    This leads me to believe it is true. Given the amount of down time between gigs it wouldn't surprise me if the bands mingle and come up with something. One of the guitarists from Kool and the Gang is using an EVH Stealth so at some point he must have demo'd it - maybe through EVH's rig. Plus, DLR really pushed to have them on the bill. It would be an interesting collaboration for sure.

Dance Baby!
    Kind of funny.

I posted this for the possible Europeon tour and the collaboration of a new song remark thinking that was kind of big deal.

I hope Van Halen goes on a world tour. Excuse me, they BETTER go on a world tour. The fans deserve it.

As for the song, Harley Davidson?

That's a bold remark.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Please, keep your other hand with fingers crossed as well so they would tour the world including South America in their way.
    I've read that ADKOT is selling well in Brazil. It would be sweet to see VH head back down there after so many years.

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    All fingers and toes crossed for you Simon... I sure hope you get the opportunity to see them this year!!!