Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1981 Oakland Live DVD!!!!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

1981 Oakland Live DVD!!!!!

ok, it's really time we rally together to make some noise. Make a real attempt to get the attention of EVH and co. The legendary footage from Fair Warning Tour (Oakland 1981) needs to be released on DVD. We've all spent years complaining on various forums, etc. Will it happen... well most likely no ... but there's nothing to lose and with them being active on tour now ... it is a great time to try.

So the pros/cons to all this?

Pros
    1. EVH seems to be in good spirits. The band is together on the road. Seems this is the time more than ever that EVH might be open to DVD release.
    2. They are not banning filming for their 2012 shows which is remarkable for Van Halen -- but i guess you can't really ban cell phones in 2012. If EVH is ok with the footage going up on youtube now (which at their age is ok...but can't begin to compare with their classic tours) -- then there should be no reason to hold this 1981 footage hostage any longer!!!!

Cons
    1. They've always been stingy with video releases (2 w Sammy and that's it). They seem to keep most of this footage locked away in the vaults, never to see the light of day
    2. The mystery around the Oakland footage -- is there full shows, only 3 songs, etc... nobody seems to know for sure. Even MA doubted it in recent interviews. Plus some say there's legal issues who owns (VH vs. WBR vs. Pete Angelus??)
    3. Even if the footage is pristine and full concert --- the old 4:3 footage won't compare to today's HD cameras. So it won't ever look that great most likely.
    4. Mike is out of the band ... and would seem they want to erase some of their legacy because of this. Even though that is completely absurd.
    5. If they did release a DVD - they might prefer to use current tour since they can plan for it and capture HD footage. Even though old shows is what the fans truly want!!

So there's lots of cons and big ones that may not be able to be ignored (like Mike not in the band and VH wanting to erase that from history...fuckers!)
    But the fans deserve to see this incredible show ... when THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN were at the top... 1981.

How can we start this together???
    HERE'S WHAT WE ALL SHOULD DO --- SERIOUSLY!

1. Sign Petition. This could be a legit starting point to gather the fans and show VH camp the demand for 1981 show. Petition is online at this link:
      https://www.change.org/petitions/van...981-dvdblu-ray
    2. Tweet similar message to the band and management. Pleading for 1981 DVD release. @wolfvanhalen @eddievanhalen @irvingazoff (mgr)
    3. Keep posting on all the VH-fan sites with this info.
    4. Other ideas??? Please post here.

Lastly, organize a raid on the 5150 studio and get that footage. <<< OK, that one's a joke...but seriously...this is the time to try something. get this classic show released. I know someone at their current record label -- might be another way to get the message to the powers-that-be.
    Last edited by VHpetiton; February 29th, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Its a good idea but the VH camp is a hard egg to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Its a good idea but the VH camp is a hard egg to crack.
    totally agree -- Ed/Al aren't ones to bend or break easily and seem to want to keep the old shit locked away.
    dudes are crazy not to release concert video when they were in their prime and untouchable. super crazy!!!

still worth a shot.... just tweeted at their old-ass manager (@irvingazoff) .. which i'm sure he doesn't read or post himself.
    Last edited by VHpetiton; February 29th, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Like Mike
    This won't happen unless they're done with new albums and want to make a celebration of the past.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    This won't happen unless they're done with new albums and want to make a celebration of the past.
    I agree. And I would rather have some more new albums with this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I agree. And I would rather have some more new albums with this lineup.
    I don't know Oakland is tempting....

And here's a big FUCK YOU to the poster for getting my hopes up and making me jizz when reading the title.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    And here's a big FUCK YOU to the poster for getting my hopes up and making me jizz when reading the title.

No shit! what a stupid fukin thread it aint gonna happen with an online petition..
    Last edited by EdyVelden; February 29th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

I was being sarcastic Regardless, I will sign the petition! lol

I wasnt.. and i aint signing no stupid petiton either lol