Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Get any perks at your job? - Page 6
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Well I don't know if her real name was Indiana, but she most certainly was amazing.
    Ha Ha! Well played. Unfortunately it looks like your "garage-a-toi" was two roosters and just one hen.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Ha Ha! Well played. Unfortunately it looks like your "garage-a-toi" was two roosters and just one hen.
    Didn't have enough perverted smilies to choose from.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

An Eleven Warrior
    Didn't have enough perverted smilies to choose from.
    Gotchya

dirty old man...
    No offense Dave G, but I hope that someday soon you're unemployed. In the meantime, BE CAREFUL!!

How'd y'all like to have this guys' job??
    no offense taken as long as you don't take offense to me telling you "kiss my ass!!!"

but seriously, you don't want me unemployed because we don't just build and test, we also dismantle and disarm and dispose of obsolete units too...
    we have enough of that kind of work to last til after i reach retirement age, by the way...

...Dave
    Talent. Hard work. Quality product.
    Ron's Custom Guitars.
    I am a proud owner of one.
    Everything else is just a TOY!!!
    Dave G 5150

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave G 5150 View Post
    no offense taken as long as you don't take offense to me telling you "kiss my ass!!!"

but seriously, you don't want me unemployed because we don't just build and test, we also dismantle and disarm and dispose of obsolete units too...
    we have enough of that kind of work to last til after i reach retirement age, by the way...

...Dave
    Well that's good to know. Here's hoping dismantling and disarming is all you'll ever have to do from tomorrow onward.

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    The only perk to my job, is that it usually allows me to wake up around 11 AM.
    Today, though, it was 5 AM (not happy).

I got into it with my co-workers today (i'm usually with the night crew, but these people were
    the early morning folks i normally never see).

One kid said i should play the Black Keys CD more frequently, in-store.
    I started mocking one of the many annoying songs on said CD, and he got annoyed.
    Then the other guy said, "Don't be offended, this guy (me) still listens to Van Halen."
    Everyone laughed.

Then i said, "You think the Black Keys can hold David Lee Roth's jockstrap?"
    "Who listens to that hipster shit, anyway?"

Then the guy said, "David Lee Roth is a joke! Have you heard the awful new VH song?!"

I thought he meant "Tattoo," so i said, "The actual album is a lot better than that song."

But the guy meant, "Stay Frosty."
    He says, "That stupid song sounds like a beer commercial."
    Then they all agreed with him & laughed.

And some of these people were my age & older.
    I couldn't believe it.

EXCUSE ME? The ONLY perk? Whaaaaaaa? You've met HOW many celebrities? Among those, Jenny McCarthy and Nikki Sixx for Christ's sake! Count your perks again, young man! If I had to shovel shit for a living, it would be worth it if it meant I got to stand in the presence of and shake the hand of Nikki Nixx.

Meeting celebs would be a perk of my job as well. Though, nothing in comparisson to the calibur of stars you get to meet in a place like Boston. But, when you work radio in the small market of Bug Tussell, New Mexico, population 2845 (and the scarecrows count too), the presence of ANY celebrity is a big deal. Most recently I got to interview Carlos Mencia, and just had a BLAST doing so. VERY funny guy! Very gracious, intelligent, and sweet too. Posting a couple of pics of that interview.

401268_10150509606756129_145812176128_9195051_764350298_n.jpg

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleGirlFromCherryLawn View Post
    EXCUSE ME? The ONLY perk? Whaaaaaaa? You've met HOW many celebrities? Among those, Jenny McCarthy and Nikki Sixx for Christ's sake! Count your perks again, young man! If I had to shovel shit for a living, it would be worth it if it meant I got to stand in the presence of and shake the hand of Nikki Nixx.

Meeting celebs would be a perk of my job as well. Though, nothing in comparisson to the calibur of stars you get to meet in a place like Boston. But, when you work radio in the small market of Bug Tussell, New Mexico, population 2845 (and the scarecrows count too), the presence of ANY celebrity is a big deal. Most recently I got to interview Carlos Mencia, and just had a BLAST doing so. VERY funny guy! Very gracious, intelligent, and sweet too. Posting a couple of pics of that interview.

401268_10150509606756129_145812176128_9195051_764350298_n.jpg
    We have Lauren Conrad doing another signing, on April 5th.
    Her only request was that, "No body parts will be signed by Miss Conrad."
    I think that's reasonable.

Was looking for signs of Eddie Van Halen, today.
    VH will play on Sunday, and be in the area for four days (counting days off).
    I had a feeling i'd see someone from VH, but there's always tomorrow (pre-show).
    We are in a sort of hot spot in the Back Bay, as far as shopping & restaurants.
    Robert Plant came into our store, not too long ago.

Nikki Sixx was the nicest!
    He's like the heavy metal Bono, where i genuinely felt like he enjoyed meeting & talking to
    his fans.
    Mustaine was a bit grumpier, but he also has a "rep" to protect.

Jenny Mccarthy was very cool.

Hey, you got to meet Mickey Thomas, though!
    I love that guy's voice with Elvin Bishop & the early 80's Starship.

Band Manager
    True...meeting Mickey was cool. But honestly, meeting celebs is just one perk to my job. The coolest perk of all, I think, even though I'm really not much of a drinker at all, is that my bosses not only don't MIND if we wanna spike our morning coffee with Bailey's....they are the ones that SUPPLY the Bailey's! Now how many bosses will do that? And on St. Patty's Day, we're all pretty much EXPECTED to join in with a few beers.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by littleGirlFromCherryLawn View Post

Whoa! Little Girl - good to see you around.

Thanks for the post and pics!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC