Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Get any perks at your job? - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Like Mike
    I don't get the hate for the Black Keys. They're not bad. They're certainly not horrible. They're not great, but they're good. I think they're over-rated, but horrible is definitely a stretch. Just be thankful that they don't sound like Nicki Minaj.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZI View Post
    I work EMS in NYC - High Speed, Low Drag hahah as Dave would say.
    Seen everything... shootings, stabbings, delivered 4 children, fires, bad car accidents and much more.
    Adrenaline rush everyday! A lot of fun!

I can imagine that! It's like living in So Paulo city!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    Doc is right, Unchained.

Man, what a tool co-worker you got there!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I don't get the hate for the Black Keys. They're not bad. They're certainly not horrible. They're not great, but they're good. I think they're over-rated, but horrible is definitely a stretch. Just be thankful that they don't sound like Nicki Minaj.
    i like a couple of their tunes .
    it's part of the current state of radio stuff , not great , but not totally horrible either - IMO
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    perks of my job with be the wages and benefits .... great coverage .
    also , we get compensated if there is a machine or production issue . meaning we get paid even if we get sent home due to a parts shortage or work stoppage .

a perk is that the factory is a block away from my place -- no commute or traffic to deal with , mainly in winter !!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

I know the law, friend.
    Stay Frosty came on today at work and 30 seconds in my boss goes "Man they're playing some stupid shit on the radio today. I think it's time to take a fuckin' break, this song sucks." And he walked out of the room.

I certainly don't hate the song. I love the music.....the lyrics, not so much. But I'm surprised to hear the harsh feedback from people we work with.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Stay Frosty came on today at work and 30 seconds in my boss goes "Man they're playing some stupid shit on the radio today. I think it's time to take a fuckin' break, this song sucks." And he walked out of the room.

I certainly don't hate the song. I love the music.....the lyrics, not so much. But I'm surprised to hear the harsh feedback from people we work with.
    Is i1SUM2! your boss?

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Is i1SUM2! your boss?
    You owe me a new keyboard! I just spit water all over mine!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Post of the day, ug!!!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

dirty old man...
    perks??? i don't know if you call it a perk, but the income and insurance is great,

plus me and only 2 other men in the world are certified to do hands on work on one of these:

it's just a B83 nuclear bomb... i build the test units that prove our stockpile to be operable...

love my job!!!
    Last edited by Dave G 5150; March 4th, 2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added disclaimer
    Talent. Hard work. Quality product.
    Ron's Custom Guitars.
    I am a proud owner of one.
    Everything else is just a TOY!!!
    Dave G 5150