Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Get any perks at your job?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Question Get any perks at your job?

Does your job offer you something else than just your salary?

If so, what would it be?

(Props to Ultrachronic for the idea of this thread - thanks, droogie!)
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Right now, something my job offers me is lots of stuff to do.

And the chance to post here and elsewhere!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Right now, something my job offers me is lots of stuff to do.

And the chance to post here and elsewhere!

I get all of the following paid for by my company.
    Travel-flights
    Fuel
    Oil changes
    Meals
    Entertainment when out of town
    Hotels
    Auto allowance
    Bonus's
    And my office is at home!

Dawg

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

How could I forget it, Dawg!

My job also pays the tickets when I do have to do some work travel around here.
    ---

My job offers un-employment...

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

I know the law, friend.
    dallas-cowboys-stadium-view.jpg

I get paid to watch my favorite team play football. I work for Star Sports Tours, the Official Fan Travel Partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All day I talk football, meet with players (both current and former) and go to all the games. Food, drinks, hotels, trans, etc. is all paid for. I work hard, but have a lot of fun doing it. Dream job for me.

If you're interested in going to a game check out our website: www.starsportstours.com
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    dallas-cowboys-stadium-view.jpg

I get paid to watch my favorite team play football. I work for Star Sports Tours, the Official Fan Travel Partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All day I talk football, meet with players (both current and former) and go to all the games. Food, drinks, hotels, trans, etc. is all paid for. I work hard, but have a lot of fun doing it. Dream job for me.

If you're interested in going to a game check out our website: www.starsportstours.com
    Dan,

Do you go to the away games as well? That would be pretty cool to see all of those games. Growing up my favorite NFLer was Roger Staubach. I just loved the way he played the game. My Mom used to work with his wife. I think she was originally from Cincinnati and they worked at the hospital together. My Mom was a certified X-ray technician before I came along. I've always liked the Cowboys because of ol' number 12, and the fact I have an Uncle that lives in Irvine.

Doc

TROUBLE BUSTIN' THROUGH
    I work EMS in NYC
    High Speed, Low Drag hahah as Dave would say.
    Seen everything... shootings, stabbings, delivered 4 children, fires, bad car accidents and much more.
    Adrenaline rush everyday! A lot of fun!

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Dan,

Do you go to the away games as well? That would be pretty cool to see all of those games. Growing up my favorite NFLer was Roger Staubach. I just loved the way he played the game. My Mom used to work with his wife. I think she was originally from Cincinnati and they worked at the hospital together. My Mom was a certified X-ray technician before I came along. I've always liked the Cowboys because of ol' number 12, and the fact I have an Uncle that lives in Irvine.

Doc
    We alternate road games because they don't draw as many people. Usually 100 people or less, compared to 200-600 at home games. So I go to some of the road games, not all. But I do go to every home game. Have for the last 9 years, save maybe 4 games due to things coming up. I'm planning on being at the Cincy game next year, as I have friends in Cincy and Indy that want to get together for the weekend.

I've never met Roger, but I work with two of his favorite teamates quite often.....Drew Pearson & Preston Pearson. They're good friends and we do a lot of events with them. I've met a ton of former and current players over the years, and I'm happy to report that most of them are very down to earth and fun to be around. Roger's a tough one to get because he charges a lot to do events. I don't blame him either. He's in high demand, and if he did them on the cheap, his schedule would be forever full and he'd have no time for his family, golf and his other businesses.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    We alternate road games because they don't draw as many people. Usually 100 people or less, compared to 200-600 at home games. So I go to some of the road games, not all. But I do go to every home game. Have for the last 9 years, save maybe 4 games due to things coming up. I'm planning on being at the Cincy game next year, as I have friends in Cincy and Indy that want to get together for the weekend.

I've never met Roger, but I work with two of his favorite teamates quite often.....Drew Pearson & Preston Pearson. They're good friends and we do a lot of events with them. I've met a ton of former and current players over the years, and I'm happy to report that most of them are very down to earth and fun to be around. Roger's a tough one to get because he charges a lot to do events. I don't blame him either. He's in high demand, and if he did them on the cheap, his schedule would be forever full and he'd have no time for his family, golf and his other businesses.

Well I am from Indy and Doc is from Ohio...so let's get together
    at the Bengals/Cowboys game this season!

Dawg