Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Opening Night! - Page 12
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Night!

Peace...

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    First, this from the Getty Images link Iro posted (and thank you, Iro darlin', once again for the pictures!):

Attachment 40880

Love that smile....so good to see it again....

Secondly, go check out the picture gallery that's in the article punk posted from the Louisville paper...check out pictures #28 and #32---just love 'em!!
    Oh, my jaw just dropped to the ground- BEAUTIFUL MAN...the best "smile| shot yet.... His grin says it ALL!!!

I adored pic #28 and #32... #27 too....and the review....

Thanks Iro, Punk and of course my soul sistah....

Ed is looking good!! I'm so glad the toothless prostitute look from a few years back is a thing of the past! Remember in the last Hagar tour he had his hair tied up in this weird ponytail? He looked batshit insane!

Peace...
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpyliberalbuster32 View Post
    Ed is looking good!! I'm so glad the toothless prostitute look from a few years back is a thing of the past! Remember in the last Hagar tour he had his hair tied up in this weird ponytail? He looked batshit insane!
    Funny how I get defensive of Ed when I read your comment about those final times with Hagar....it's funny. Unfortunately it is true what you write Wimpyliberalbuster32....

I think his look in those days was indicative of a lot of things.... addiction, demons, craziness, pain. Actually REALLY HARD for me to look back upon...man he was not in a good place.

So glad he made it through...cuz look what we get to enjoy now?? The TOTAL PACKAGE of looks and genius.... awesome!

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

Mean Street

I can't wait for May 19!

An Eleven Warrior
    Wowwy wow wow wow! I just got home from the weekend and can not believe I have another night to go! First off K&tG were good. I was surprised how many songs I knew. Van Halen kicked ass and took names last night. Yes, Dave is using the headset. So the fuck what! His voice isn't 1980 quality anymore, but he brought it anyway. Lots of energy and he even did his spinning jump kick three or four times. He honestly got lost after the solo in I'll Wait and said he forgot the words. Eddie lol'd at this and Dave said " follow me to the chorus, I know the way follow me". It really was a genuine slip up and he covered well. Eddie was unfucking real. I have seen him play numerous times live. I have seen thousands of video. Eddie has NEVER played this well before. Off the charts good. Seriously. Just purely spiritual. Alex's solo was cool as shit too. The jizzmatic event when they play Women In Love was unreal. Then playing Outta Love right after didn't give me enough time to clean up me trousers. I too was disappointed they didn't play more tunes from the new album. I really thought they would play Frosty. Of course after every show there are songs I wish were played and song I wish weren't, but hearing tunes I have never heard live before was well worth sitting threw PW.

My buddy not only got HD video of the entire show, but he also has separate audio. As soon as he gets it burnt, and I have it in my sticky little mits I'll be more than willing to share. Please be patient with this. He works at his own pace. Also our seats were about 20 rows from the top in the "corner" of the arena probably 100 yards from the stage. It isn't pro shot and there is a d'bag waving his arms for the first few songs, but from our preview of the video late last night it is pretty good. The audio is very good. Someone will have to walk me threw uploading to the net, or I can burn copies and send them out. Yes Iro, even to you in bloody ol England.

I'm going to try to either video or audio record tomorrow night with my iPod as well. So there may be two complete shows to drool over. I'm fucking wrecked and need some sleep. I haven't partied like this for 20+ years. This reminds me of a quote from our very own Diamond Dave, "I don't burn the candle at both ends. I take a flamethrower to it.". I feel a little crispy right now.

Stay Frosty Now,
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Funny how I get defensive of Ed when I read your comment about those final times with Hagar....it's funny. Unfortunately it is true what you write Wimpyliberalbuster32....

I think his look in those days was indicative of a lot of things.... addiction, demons, craziness, pain. Actually REALLY HARD for me to look back upon...man he was not in a good place.

So glad he made it through...cuz look what we get to enjoy now?? The TOTAL PACKAGE of looks and genius.... awesome!
    Some of those shots actually made me cry. I remember being in a rest stop, on a cross country trip, and I saw that ghastly cover of Guitar World (please, we've all seen it, no need to post it here, anyone. thanks.) Anyway, I turned away, shocked and actually frightened...and my daughter found it seconds later and brought it to me going, "Look, Mama! It's Eddie Van Halen!" I said, "I know dear, put it back though, I don't want it." She was shocked and wanted to know why. I said, "Because it looks like he's going to die soon. And I can't handle that."

There were those, in the past here, that used to post that shot and the NAMM shots, just to get my goat. I too, felt really defensive for him, b/c I knew he was going through hell, and they were making fun of him just to piss me off. Well, he's turned the tables on them now, and all I can say is, I'm glad he's made it to where he is....Nobody ever gets totally rid of that addiction demon, they are in recovery for the rest of their lives. Ed seems to have the best team of supporters around him now, and it's done him a world of good. And we get to share in that gift. I'm pretty grateful for that.
    Last edited by ravennaloveseddie; February 19th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Wowwy wow wow wow! I just got home from the weekend and can not believe I have another night to go! First off K&tG were good. I was surprised how many songs I knew. Van Halen kicked ass and took names last night. Yes, Dave is using the headset. So the fuck what! His voice isn't 1980 quality anymore, but he brought it anyway. Lots of energy and he even did his spinning jump kick three or four times. He honestly got lost after the solo in I'll Wait and said he forgot the words. Eddie lol'd at this and Dave said " follow me to the chorus, I know the way follow me". It really was a genuine slip up and he covered well. Eddie was unfucking real. I have seen him play numerous times live. I have seen thousands of video. Eddie has NEVER played this well before. Off the charts good. Seriously. Just purely spiritual. Alex's solo was cool as shit too. The jizzmatic event when they play Women In Love was unreal. Then playing Outta Love right after didn't give me enough time to clean up me trousers. I too was disappointed they didn't play more tunes from the new album. I really thought they would play Frosty. Of course after every show there are songs I wish were played and song I wish weren't, but hearing tunes I have never heard live before was well worth sitting threw PW.

My buddy not only got HD video of the entire show, but he also has separate audio. As soon as he gets it burnt, and I have it in my sticky little mits I'll be more than willing to share. Please be patient with this. He works at his own pace. Also our seats were about 20 rows from the top in the "corner" of the arena probably 100 yards from the stage. It isn't pro shot and there is a d'bag waving his arms for the first few songs, but from our preview of the video late last night it is pretty good. The audio is very good. Someone will have to walk me threw uploading to the net, or I can burn copies and send them out. Yes Iro, even to you in bloody ol England.

I'm going to try to either video or audio record tomorrow night with my iPod as well. So there may be two complete shows to drool over. I'm fucking wrecked and need some sleep. I haven't partied like this for 20+ years. This reminds me of a quote from our very own Diamond Dave, "I don't burn the candle at both ends. I take a flamethrower to it.". I feel a little crispy right now.

Stay Frosty Now,
    Doc
    I am SO glad you had such a great time Doc!! Thanks for such a terrific review...I can't wait until DC on 03/28 now...To hear that Ed's playing is reaching such ethereal heights just makes me get all googly with anticipation! Hahaha!

And I would LOVE one of those discs you're planning on burning, whenever your friend gets around to it! That would be stellar!!

Yours truly, As Is

Stay Frosty Now,
    Doc
    Great post, Doc! That's awesome you had such a great time and it will be cool to see the vids when you get them uploaded!

dirty old man...

Stay Frosty Now,
    Doc

great review, Doc... makes me sad that none of the nearby tour dates are going to work with my schedule this year,
    maybe they'll extend the tour...
    please put me on your list for when you get some videos made... i would be glad to buy you a stack of disks to help if you'd like... no problem...

...Dave
    Talent. Hard work. Quality product.
    Ron's Custom Guitars.
    I am a proud owner of one.
    Everything else is just a TOY!!!
    Dave G 5150

No cheer******s allowed!
    Jesus Christ, there is no question, Ed has regained EVERYTHING back & more, just like Doc stated.
    That clip of "Mean street" was insane!
    His technique has become so refined, he's not flubbing anything at all.
    He looks great too (love the huge smile on his face, once the main riff kicks in).

Man, i just can't get over how musically "on the money" they are.
    VH used to be a little "loose" back in the day, but now they are a well oiled machine.
    Wow.